August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Lip Gloss - Fusion Beauty - LipFusion Lip Plump Shine - Bare

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The product that started it all!!! It is so pricey but it works!! You definitely see plumper lips after putting this on and it last for a few hours. I like that there is no nasty lip gloss taste and this isn't sticky at all. It is one of the best lip glosses of all the brands I've tried. I do like this one. It smells nice too and gives your lips a nice pleasant tingle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this for $10 from Sephora's sale. For $10 it's great. It's sheer and moisturizing. Decent staying power. I would NEVER spend full price for this gloss. A more affordable alternative (and, I think, better product) check out BE Buxom glosses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a mini size of this product recently and fell in love with it. It is $38 for a full size. My lips are always chapped. I don't care about the plumping effect, and I don't notice any plumping as my lips are fuller. This product is really moisturizing, and it lasts. I like this color because it is mostly just a gloss with just a touch of nude on my lips. It seems less pink and a little more peach on me. But, very neutral. I don't care what this costs if it keeps my chapped lips moist! And, it stays on! Try it out with a sample size first to see if you like it. The price is too high to take this one on faith. Use the sample at Sephora first and then see how it wears through the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by maquillaje8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this at Sephora for $10.00.
PERFECT. The color is very nice, i don't feel anything on the lips but barely a numbness, conditions all day long, stay power. One of the best lipgloss ever. Even so, i will not pay $38.00 for a lipgloss, overpriced. I will buy it again for $10.00 only.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

haha..wow. I love the color. Im NC37ish and this is my lips but better nude/peachy lip color perfect to my skintone. I got this for $10 at sephora sweet steal. What I love about this lipgloss is its very moisturizing, and it doesnt burn and sting like pepper spray. It smells like oranges, very summerlike. Plumping is quite minimal, but $10, its not bad. Stays on long enough than most lipglosses I have tried. I probably wont buy again due to the original price of $38. There are alot of other drugstore brands 3 times cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by typicalprototype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i personally think that too face lip injection works better but i dont like the mineral oil in it this stuff i didnt notice a differnce at all. with too faced my lips look actually injected like when i did have them done at a cosmetic surgeons office

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I got a mini tube of this as a Sephora BI sample. I've never tried the LipFusion glosses before this because I don't need my lips plumped (they're full as it is) and can't see paying the high price, even if they are one of the most hyped glosses on the market.

In the tube, this is your standard nude shade, somewhere between pink and tan and leaning more toward the pink side, but not to the point where I would call this a pink gloss. On my medium to deeply pigmented rosy lips, it goes on more on the clear side, but there's still a nice nude tint to it. As far as nude shades go, it's alright on me. It doesn't wash me out, but it doesn't really wow me, either, color-wise.

I LOVE the texture of this gloss, though. It's completely non-sticky, glides on easily and leaves my lips feeling comfortable and able to move without feeling like they're stuck together with glue the way some glosses can leave them. I don't feel any tingling with this gloss the way I do with my Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips glosses (which I like for the tingle and the color, not for any plumping they might give). I'm guessing that's because LipFusion glosses work differently. They don't increase blood flow to the lips (causing a tingling sensation). They're supposed to draw moisture into the collagen in the gloss, causing a plumping effect. I wouldn't know that this was a plumping gloss based on the feel of it.

To be honest, I didn't see any change in my lips with this on, which isn't a bad thing because I don't want my lips to be bigger. If I were in the market for a plumper I'd be disappointed. Granted, this was free, but you'd think a product as hyped up and expensive as the LipFusion glosses are would perform better or at least do something other than sit on my lips and feel nice and slick. Maybe if my lips were thin I would see a result (any change would be more obvious if you have thin lips), but I can't say that I noticed any change in either the size or shape of my them.

I'm just not all that impressed with this. I love the texture, but everything else about it is just okay. I'm giving this a 3 for the texture and color. As a regular gloss, this is fairly nice, although I think I'd prefer another color.

PROS: (1) great, non-sticky, smooth texture; (2) nice wearable nude shade; (3) fresh, fruity scent; (4) no tingling sensation (which is a negative for me, but I know a lot of people either find the tingling sensation of other plumpers unpleasant or painful or just don't like it).

CONS: (1) no plumping at all (which isn't a con for me, but might be for you); (2) applicator doesn't grab much gloss at a time, I have to dip it 6 or 7 times to do my lips; (3) expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by JayneWayne

Those diabolical Sephora marketing geniuses are at it again! Based on what this gloss looks like in the tube, I never in a million years would have been tempted to even try it, let alone purchase it. However, when it arrrived on my doorstep as a beauty insider sample (as it did for several of the reviewers, below) I promptly swabbed some on, looked in the mirror, then went into cardiac arrest. Lo and behold, was the gorgeous, luscious, glossy, editorial nude lip that I have been searching for the past year. A little background, here...my coloring is really difficult to work with. If a lippie is too beige, too cool, too deep, too bright, too whatever, I instantly look like one of the undead. I'm NC20/25 with blonde hair and blue eyes, and. I'm usually stuck being able to wear only a really narrow range of colors in the pink/peach/coral family. Add the fact that my lips are very pigmented, and that limits my options even more. So, up until the moment I tried this gloss, nude colors have been beyond my reach. In the tube, this gloss looks like one of those generic tawny pink, beigey nudes that you find everywhere, but when it hits your lips...OMG, 100% pure gorgeousness. It's almost exactly the color of my pigmented pink lips, but it also has a slight milky quality, as well. I'd have to say this is one or two clicks to the warmer side of neutral, but I think cooler toned gals could pull this off , too. What I love most about the color is that it doesn't seem to have a hint of tan, beige, grey or mauve, or any of the usual tones that just drain all the life out of my complexion. Aside from the phenomenol color, the gloss itself is pretty special. It's opaque, but also allows your natural lip tint to show through. It's totally nonsticky, but has impressive lasting power. It has great shine payoff with a hint of shimmer. My favorite way to wear this is to lightly underline the center area of my lower lip with MUFE Aqua Lip in 2C, put a little of Guerlain Cupidon highlighting pencil in the cupid's bow, then lavish this gloss all over my lips. Even though it envelops your lips in the sheerest wash of color, it somehow manages to irresistably draw attention to them in a highly sensual way. I thought it was bad enough when I paid $28 for Hourglass lipglosses, but Lipfusion has just raised the price bar for me. I've already bought another tube, plus a back up. Go try this.....I think you'll be as seduced by it, as I was. UPDATE: I forgot to mention that this has a light, pleasant fruity taste, and as for any lip plumping qualities....zero, zilch, nada. I think the famous dehydrated collagen microspheres are in hibernation, or have gone on strike, or something. However, that's not a deal breaker for me, and I still rate this gloss 5+++!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Luda_Parker

Like everyone else, I got this as a free mini sample from Sephora and...bingo! It's gorgeous. I have had trouble finding the perfect colour of lip colour for me and for some reason a lot of colours just make my complexion look strange. This is just perfect for a subtlely polished look. It looks a little too apricot-y brown in the tube and I probably would never have picked it up to try it but I'm glad that I have it!

We'll see if I feel the same by the time I've come to the end of the tube, but I can see myself definitely coughing up to buy a full sized one of this.

p.s. 'plumping'? no, haven't noticed it doing that at all, but don't let that deter you as it's still gorgeous

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I got a mini of this from Sephora. I'm a big fan of the LipFusion glosses, so I was excited that they offered this as one of the Beauty Insider rewards.

The color is a pinky-peach brown. It looks like there is slight shimmer in the tube, but they are not visible on the lips. Bare gives a nice nude lip that is colored enough not to wash out, so it can be worn on a natural, minimal makeup day, or with more dramatic eyes.

As for the plumping effects, I do find the original LipFusion gloss (ie the clearish white one that you apply over/under lipstick) to be the most effective, but this does make my already full lips a bit more juicy looking. There is a slight tingling upon application, but that sensation is not unpleasant, and it goes away within 20 minutes. The texture of these glosses is somewhat thick without being sticky - very nice - so it is rather long-lasting, and there is a slight orange-creamsicle scent.

Overall, I would probably repurchase, though the $38 price-tag makes it a bit prohibitive.
continued >>