Max Factor False Lash Effect

4.1

Aqua, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba, Triethanolamine, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, EDTA, [ /- CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499]

on 9/2/2015 9:31:00 PM

I've recently been trying to find a better mascara and saw great reviews for this one. I've tried some really $$$ ones and thought I'd go back to basics. I realised that I had once purchased this mascara a few years back and then moved on to other mascaras but I couldn't remember why.

I now remember why. I don't know how this mascara could be reviewed so well. Firstly, it was not good at separating - my eyelashes still stuck together. Granted, not nearly as badly as some other products but still, I would not say it was anywhere near close at being good at separation. But the main problem - it doesn't even create good drama!! I don't want anything heavy at all, in fact I stay away from volume mascaras cause they look too heavy on me. But this one isn't even heavy enough for me!! Combine that with some flaking, lack of lengthening and the afrorementioned poor separation and I'm not even going to use the whole product.

Heading back to my good ole' Lancome Hypnose.

on 8/27/2015 6:23:00 PM

After reading glowing reviews I bought this mascara.
I was fairly disappointed in a several areas: 1) I didn't love the wand. The brush was thick and bulky and the bristles weren't very long so it didn't feel like the bristles got down to the root of the lashes.
2) The formula was just 'meh' for me. I didn't feel like it gave much volume or length without having to do coat upon coat. I have black, fairly curly lashes so was wanting more length.
3) Only a light amount of crying would cause this mascara to run.
Instead of throwing it away I tried to use it up, but every time I'd glance in the mirror I was just a bit disappointed - so in the bin it went.

on 7/28/2015 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my go to mascara - Ive tried many of the major brands and for application, this is a favourite!

- Adds volume without clumping or creating spider lashes - it tapers off nicely on the ends!
- Lengthens nicely - not as well as the NO7 Extension Lash, but works as an overall package.
- Stays put and is a nice rich black on application.
- A good price - for the price this is a bargain.

From other reviews I see that people struggle to put it on without getting messy eye lids. I do get messy lids as I always wiggle the wand right from the base of my lashes to the very ends on each application, so tend to touch my skin - but I always have a cotton bud to hand so never an issue! If I take my time, it doesnt happen touch my skin.

I didnt like the water proof version quite as much - its impossible to get off (which although of course is the point, I hate rubbing my eyes or using a lot of product to get off my 'every day' mascara. The water proof version didnt lengthen as well and made my lashes a bit 'straight'!

The brush is not a 'brush' - its a plastic cone with little tiny little flexible plastic bristles, which took me a while to get used to - but now I love them!

Make sure you wiggle your wand and apply the mascara slowly (literally from root to tip, slowly) and you'll get the best result! I always apply a 2-3 coats, wiggling slowly to ensure that I dont get clumps :)

x

on 7/22/2015 1:42:00 PM

my go-to mascara for sure - holds a curl and actually lengthens my short stubby lashes unlike most mascaras. I keep trying others and always come back to this!

on 6/30/2015 5:24:00 AM

I can't believe I actually bought two of these (brown & black) at once. It's one of the worst mascara's I ever owned. Why?

CONS
- There is absolutely NO way to apply this without getting the mascara all over your lid and having to spend extra time cleaning up all the mess
- Plastic brush is very rough, it scratches my waterline and eyelids
- As a result of points 1 & 2, I don't start at the base of my lashes, which means they also don't look any fuller at all, let alone look like false lashes.
- Brush does an awful job at separating the lashes, so I always have to comb through my lashes with a separate brush
- It flakes very badly and doesn't last. After a few hours, I already have to wipe away the first tiny flakes of mascara around my eyes.

PROS
- Available in brown, not many brands still offer brown mascara...
- When I go through the hassle of applying two to three layers of mascara, after each layer combing through my lashes with separate wand and cleaning up all the mascara from my eyelids, my lashes do end up looking longer and curlier for a daily look. But don't expect volume or the promised "false lash effect".

I personally don't have too much trouble to remove this mascara (as many people mentioned), but with all the cons mentioned above, I truly regret buying not one but even two of these mascara's.

on 6/20/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

The formula is OK and once you do manage to apply it successfully, it looks fine. But applying it is a challenge! Firstly, the chunky tube (thus also the wand) is difficult to hold - perhaps my hands are too small or I'm just really used to thinner wands... And then the brush is awful! It kind of looks promising and that's why I bought it but I always end up getting the mascara all over my lids and also underneath the lower lash line. So it takes me AGES to apply as I need to do a lot of "clean-up"! The lashes also clump a bit so I have to use another brush to separate them... Unlike many other reviewers, I don't think it's particularly difficult to remove. Overall, I will try to use it up but I definitely won't buy it again.

on 6/4/2015 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I always have a love-hate relationship with mascara. I heard all MUAs and girl friends saying how mascara is something you can't go out without, but I always find having mascara on, no matter how goo the product is, kinda makes my eyes heavy. I dislike the feel :(. So I wear mascara only for special occassion, and I choose to use this product because it works nice on my eye lashes. It won't clump and easy to use. It keeps my curled eyelash last long. I have tried a famous luxury brand for its mascara and I have to say Max Factor False Lash Effect does just as good. The only reason why I took one lippie off is because the uncomfortable feeling of wearing mascara just like wearing any other mascara out there, even though it feels better than Maybelline mascaras that are too heavy on the lid. So it's very personal but I recommend this product for anyone who needs a decent but cheap mascara. Must try!

on 6/4/2015 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Maybe this works better in black, I got the brown shade and it's barely noticeable that I'm wearing mascara. This does nothing for me, apart from maybe adding a bit of length (I was after more of a thickening effect) so I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/20/2015 7:03:00 AM

the pros is that it does make your eyelashes look some what okay, i like the more thick look so i do have to take time and add more coats
the cons are its really messy and wet, whenever i apply it i have to apply it first before eyeshadow and eyeliner which i dont really like because it goes all over my eyelid, its also impossible to remove! even with alot of makeup removers and warm water, i dont really like it and it is way to expensive and its not even that good, kind of wish i didnt buy it
sorry not sorry

on 4/14/2015 10:26:00 AM

Pros +

Looks natural
Doesn't clump
Doesn't smear off
Separates lashes well

Cons -

A bit hard to remove, even with Simple makeup-wipes + warm water

Top Rated Max Factor Products