August 21, 2014 | 1740 users online

Conditioner - Head & Shoulders - Smooth & Silky Dandruff Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like it a lot, just like I like the dry scalp scare except this one smells of strawberries & leaves hair super smooth & shiny. Can't really complain...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ca806

Second time buying this conditioner, does it's job and leaves your hair soft. Have never had any problems with this line. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked it. But it's just not for my hair. My hair's fine with just the shampoo~ If I use this conditioner, it tends to make it too shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by purpleicefairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far, this is probably the best conditioner I've tried. It really does make my hair smooth and silky, I love it. I'm not crazy about the smell but it's pleasant. I actually found myself shedding less hair when I used this conditioner, which is something I've been struggling with. Ironically enough, this didn't do anything for my flakes, which is why I knocked off a lippie, but it's great for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Dried my hair out to the max!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

My favorite conditioner for everyday. I pair this with the head and shoulders shampoo in refresh. This doesn't wear my hair down- in fact my hair feels bouncier and looks shinier when I use this! I really enjoy the formula- not too thin but not too thick either. The smell is also lovely. Even if you don't have a dandruff problem, this is great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I like to use this even when I don't have dandruff. I sometimes have a problem with breaking out along the hairline if I use the wrong product. That is happening now with the Suave Tropical Coconut shampoo and conditioner that I am using. I am going to buy this again because it prevents the breakouts and makes my hair smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Advanced system of shampoos and conditioners relieves scalp itch, dryness, irritation and helps prevent recurrence of flakes associated with dandruff while helping to restore an ideal moisture balance.

Directions: apply to wet hair after shampooing. Gently massage into hair and scalp. Leave on for several minutes. Rinse. Repeat, if desired. Use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor. For effective dandruff control, use every time you shampoo. Use with Head & Shoulders shampoo.

MY THOUGHTS: My review will be based on the samples I received for Head & Shoulder's Smooth & Silky dandruff conditioner along with its complimentary shampoo.

The active ingredient, along with several other dandruff shampoos in varying concentrations, is zinc pyrithione. Zinc pyrithione is used in many dandruff shampoos due its antibacterial and antifungal properties, and resistance to ultraviolet radiation.

I found the texture to be very high in viscosity (thick), and low in transparency (creamy). There was an attached fragrance to the conditioner; however, after my hair dried it wasn't potent enough for me to identify any possible notes. After rinsing the conditioner out I noticed my hair felt rougher, and more tangled than usual (right now I'm using L'ANZA). In addition, my hairline area showed signs of irritation (itchiness). I can imagine that this product may weigh down your hair if applied too liberally.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: 0.5% w/w Pyrithione Zinc.

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glutamic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this. I just opened it figuring it would be good to use on my hair after swimming in the lake (I do not have dandruff though). The truth is this was great. The smell is pleasant and the conditioner is truly smooth and silky. The smell is good while in the shower, but once my hair dried I could no longer smell it which I was a little disappointed by. This left my hair feeling nice and clean. I was very impressed by this - not your typical drugstore conditioner. I would actually buy this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Initially I was pleased with the results from this conditioner. I was at first wary of it, since when I used this it seemed to "melt" into my hair right away and was difficult to get out. When my hair dried, though, it looked bouncy and felt soft. But I had severe trouble straightening my fine wavy hair. I really don't feel as though this product offers any kind of protection, making it a moot conditioner. Would not recommend, unless you use absolutely no heat styling.