August 21, 2014 | 944 users online

Fragrances - Dsquared2 - She Wood

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lemon and violets on a sharp, powdery musk & cedar woods base. The violets are beautiful but a bit overpowered by the sharp cedar-lemon-powder which I find a bit penetrating and headachy. Still a nice feminine soft scent and its not often you get a nice violet scent that smells like REAL violets, which this does.

Topnotes: Lemon Jasmine Neroli
Midnotes: Violet Helioptrope Musk
Basenotes: Vetiver Cedar Amber Vanilla

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I suppose I expected a burst of woody forest upon first spray, but what I got was the heavy greenery of a cedar tree, instead of cedar wood. And there's loads of violet flower, without a doubt. It ultimately ends up smelling like a baby powdered pine tree. Not bad, just different.
Unique. I think I might be a fan.

I admit, it's a bit screechy at first opening, but it does soften a little. I don't get a unisex from this at all, it seems very feminine to me, however anyone can wear whatever makes them happy. :-)

It seems very fresh and clean smelling. Perfect for spring, early Summer or summer night.

After using it for a few days, I've determined that it smells much better on clothes than on my skin. On my skin it's a bit too sharp.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I finished a complete bottle of this, which is saying something as I mostly just forget about my fragrances and hardly ever finish one. Now I have the rollerball with the perfumed oil in it. It's a perfect every-day-to-work fragrance. Not too distinct, sweet without being a too youngish, lasts all day. Because it's a small bottle with a rollerball it's also very easy to take with you when you are on the go. I only really dislike the cap of it as it's very cheap plastic and it started peeling right from the start.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by CamBG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought She Wood in ''Golden Light Wood''

I fell in love with this perfume, I've been wearing it for three years now. I was looking for a fragrance that wasn't so recognizable, I hate it when people are like ''oh you're wearing viva la juicy/daisy by marc jacobs/happy by clinique...'' (the list could go on, but you get the point)

I'm picky when choosing a fragrance, I want something unique, feminine and I like woody fragrances. Fragrances with hints of ''wood'' are hard to find, I often find them to be too strong or not feminine. She Wood Golden Light Wood is a great balance. Im gonna ask for a new bottle again this Christmas (thks mom!)

PS: guys loveeee it ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by juliastockholm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice scent for everyday use. Not too heavy, not so light it goes away before I leave the house.

I like it, and I get compliments when I wear it. I wouldn't wear it for a special event or even out at night, I have my favorites for that. This is what I smell like at work. A bit more exciting than those awful 'clean'-smells, or pretty much anything that comes in a bottle shaped like an apple- but still playing it safe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 More reviews by erasgem

I actually got a sniff of this perfume while I was working with a co-worker. It was so fresh! When I found it in the stores, I decided to buy one.It gives off a masculine base smell with a feminine touch. It's what I love about it. I wear it for school, during work and even at big formal events. I usually can't stand a lot of perfumes after wearing it for long periods of time, but this is the exception. It's an everyday (literally) perfume that I definitely recommend! In case you don't really know what it smells like, my friends have told me that it resembled "Light Blue" by D&G.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is basically like Parma Violets the sweets - which is actually similar to a long standing fragrance that I like by Lacoste called Inspiration. The Lacoste frangrance it actually more mature and has depth in comaparison to this weak and cheap brand by Dequared. She Wood really is not worthy of the amazing reviews I have read - mind you those reviews were just in magazines marketing I guess rather than real reeviews like on this site.
This smell is not woody as I would have liked it is slightly more wood green than woody aquatic.
I really love the sexy bottle with the wooden lid and the lovely peachy smell uit will look great on the dresser but as a scent it is not woody as one would expect. It is an acholic infested parma violets smell with no layers or interest. Nothing to talk about and I certainly wont repurchase. Will leave in work toilet for during working hours and as a toilet freshner to impress clients. Nice packaging with the wooden lid which goes with the fragrance name.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by plutteluran

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Topnotes:Lemon Jasmine Neroli
Middlenotes:Violet Helioptrope Musk
Basenotes: Vetiver Cedar Amber Vanilla

I bought it without testing first and thatīs something I donīt recommend for this perfume. Itīs strange that no warning light started blinking when I read that it was a Woody-AQUATIC fragrance, though Iīm actually a big fan of oriental-woody fragrances.
According to reviews (not here at MUA) the Violet would be a bit of background. I think itīs just the opposite-it is quite dominant in the first two hours. The woody note is rather timid (in the background) in my opinion. The amber and vanilla are hardly noticeable Although there is no celery in this perfume I swear that I feel it. Celery is not exactly my favorite vegetable. Maybe I would like this airy fragrance if it wasnīt for the stubborn, apparently imaginary, celery aroma. Not for me but I donīt doubt that it has its fans out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by AliceRene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume. LOVE. I'm all about spicy, dark, woodsy perfumes and this definitely fits the bill, but it has a semi-sweet tone to it too. Kinda hard to explain. However, it's extremely strong. This is the only perfume I own that I actually have to spray into the air and walk into, because anything more than that is way too much.

My bottle broke on a trip to Chicago and when I went to replace it, I found out that it's been discontinued. DSquared replaced it with something else, I forget what. Anyways, you can still buy it online and way cheaper than what I paid for it at Sephora about a year and a half ago ($120). I think you can get it online for about $47 for the large bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a definite YES on buying this perfume again...
Don't know where to start actually....if you like violets mixed with the woody (freshly cut tree) sournes, and a bit of aquatic freshness, this one is a winner...
such a lovely yet very simple frag, that makes me smile every time I put it on....
it isn't warm or cold, somewhere inbetween, and when I think of ''fresh'' I think of this mixture of spring violets and woods...
A fantastic example of how only 2 or 3 components can make a magnificent perfume...not too much in anything...
staying power beyond my expectations...it stays close to my skin for over 6 hours....didn't turn sour or pretended to be a happy flowery perfume and then gone in an hour or so....this is fully blooded perfume...for women, and girls and older ladies....
I can't compare with anything because,all the perfumes that come to my mind in this olfactive family, lack something...they seem to be too aquatic (L'Eau d'Issey), to watermelony (Davidoff), or too flowery (Laura...etc)or just plain boring...
I sence some greenes in Shewood that gives a perfect amount of heaviness to it, and prevents it to develop in a familliar-only-one-flower-and-no-sillage manner...

deep, sexy,very calm and powerful, and kinda gothic...
for all you girls who like to be noticed, but at the same time intimately differenciated from all the others- try Shewood, or SW Crystal Creek....

fantastic, I love it for all occasions!!!