Nivea A Kiss of Protection Sun Protection Lip Care SPF 30

2.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octocrylene, Octinoxate, Oxybenzone, Titanium Dioxide. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Camauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Beeswax, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Yellow 5 Lake.

on 7/20/2015 10:50:00 PM

I love Nivea lip balms and probably have tried every one of them. I first tried their lip balms when EOS just wasn't moisturizing my lips enough and a friend recommended this brand to me. The Sun one would probably be the fourth Nivea I've tried. Being in love with the first few ones I've had, I had high expectations for this one. The fact that it has spf 30 AND is from Nivea made me think that this was equally as great as the others.

But I was left disappointed. This lip balm made me rethink of purchasing Nivea lip balms again. It did not glide on as easily as Hydro Care and definitely did not moisturize at all. For me to wear this, I would have to wear another lip balm right under it. Weird combination, I know. In addition to doing the opposite a lip balm should do, it left this white residue all over my lip.

I know lip balm shouldn't be eaten but this simply tastes horrible. The others did not have that bad of a taste but this was just disgusting. I definitely wanted to love this item but it only left me disappointed.

I'm still buying Nivea lip balms, but just not this kind.

Although this lip balm has such a high SPF rating of 30, I don't recommend this lip balm.
It gave a massive white cast, which make me look very unhealthy. I was pointed out by someone asking why my lips looked so white. (I was so embarrassed). It was also too waxy and not moisturizing enough. Very disappointed.

Don't buy it if you want WHITE LIPS!

on 6/1/2015 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this today (1 june 2015) in canada and the new formula contains avobenzone for UVA protection instead of titanium dioxide. The result: it doesn't leave a white residue like the old formula used to, it's moisturizing for my standards (I have dry lips because of lipsticks and glosses). I can put this underneath my lip color and it does a great job for moisturizing and for sun spf. This new formula is a winner for me and it only costs 1.99 CAD. I'm very happy with it. Just make sure when you buy it the ingredient is avobenzone and not titanium dioxide.

on 2/18/2015 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Makes my lips drier than normal. The only plus is the spf. Will not repurchase.

on 8/22/2014 9:06:00 PM

This smells like a glue stick, it doesn't even moisturize. It gives my lips a white cast.
ugh, no. Would NOT recommend this to anyone who wants sun protection for their lips.
Keep looking.

on 6/29/2014 4:14:00 PM

Ewwww

-does not even moisturize my lips
- leave massive white residue ..makes me look dead -_-
- tastes chemicals at 100%

Desgusting!!!!

on 6/3/2014 9:18:00 PM

This makes my lips WHITE. The only way i can use this ( and i do) is i put a bit of olive oil on my lips, this my HG lipstick (Revlon Kissable pink or whatever). and then a tad bit of Rimmels apocalips in Nova. I will NEVER buy AGAIN.

on 4/22/2014 12:40:00 PM

Doesnt moisturize lips AT ALL but atleast it has spf and is waterproof..

on 3/5/2014 1:06:00 PM

Today, I was looking for a new moisturising lip balm as I constantly have dry lips. I wasn't specifically searching for one with sun protection as it's not Summer yet but I seen this on offer and the SPF 30 seemed like a bonus.

I've only had it for one day but overall, I'm disappointed. Although the packaging is nice and the balm winds up and down smoothly without getting stuck, unlike my previous lip balms, it is not particularly moisturising. However, my main problem with this product is that it leaves a slight, but definitely noticeable white residue on the lips which looks pretty bad.

I can't comment on the effectiveness of the SPF as the weather in Scotland right now is rather dull.

Since I only bought this today, I'll continue to use it to see if my lips are any softer in a few days. Otherwise, I'll be keeping it for Sunny days only.

on 5/5/2013 5:06:00 AM

Moisturizing, smells great, and protects lips from UV rays.
I wear this during the summer and especially to the beach.
My lips feel soft and refreshed after using.

Popular Lip Treatments