October 20, 2014 | 2075 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Definity Color Recapture Anti-Aging UV Moisturizer + Sheer Illuminating Coverage - Fair/Light

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by asiapei

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This may be a fine idea, but this is one of the most caustic producets I have ever used. Immediatly upon putting it on my skin had a severe reaction. I mean swollen burning eyes, beet red (looked like burns) sking and extreme discomfort.
I tried it on the tops of my feet hoping I could salvage it as a cover up when wearing shorts or Capris...same thing....wanted to scratch it with a hairbrush! HANDLE WITH CARE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this for days when a lot of coverage is not needed, particularly during summer. Since it is essentially a moisturizer with a bit of tint, it doesn't come close to the coverage of a foundation. But if you don't really need a lot, this is perfect. I always put on Olay's spf 50 daily moisturizer first, and then apply just one pump of Color Recapture, smoothing it on with my fingers. I found that any more than that is too much, and tends to look a little orange. Blend everything with a wedge sponge, dust with translucent powder, and I'm done. Even though this is the lightest shade available, it is still sometimes too dark for me. I can get away with it in the summer, but definitely not in winter. Are you listening, Olay? A lighter shade would be much appreciated.

Bottom line, a great option when I don't have blemishes to hide. And the packaging is gorgeous with the helix inside the bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Delaware

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does not have good coverage. Does not go on smoothly and leaves my face very tacky. It actually enhances my pores and I really do not have a problem with big pores. I have very dry sensitive skin and this stuff actually burns my skin. Would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad to read that more people experienced what I experienced with this moisturizer! So it's not just my skin being crazy, but something in the formulation of this product that really irritates skin...!
When I put this on for the first time, I was pleased with the result, 'tough my face kept feeling a little tacky all day. At the end of the day, my face was red. The next morning, my face was VERY red (even before putting the lotion on again). I did not link this to the lotion, so kept on using it for 2 more days (stupid me). From red my face turned blotchy: covered in many small bumbs. And after that, that's after I quit using it, my face went very dry and peeled. It's been a week now and I'm still peeling and recovering from this very aggressive product. I don't know what have caused this reaction, I really don't have this regularly with other products! I will stay far away from this moisturizer from now on. Be aware!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sowegarose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using this product recently and was surprised by the number of negative reviews. So far, I love this product. I have very fair skin with alot of redness. I don't always take time to put on full makeup, and was looking for something which would tone down the redness and even out my skin tone without looking like I was wearing foundation. This has been perfect. My skin looks and feels hydrated and refreshed, and my skin tone is more even without looking like I'm wearing foundation. It blends right in, and doesn't "settle" in my pores. My skin is very dry, and I have found this product to be a good level of moisturizing without being tacky. It is a bit on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way and I think it is a good value considering it is both a moisturizer and a tinted foundation. It also makes a good primer when I do wear foundation, making my foundation go on more evenly and look smoother. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Ahnjy

I'm really shocked at all the negative comments, I LOVE this stuff! I think it glides on like silk and gives my skin such a nice glowy look. I often wear it alone with blush and just a little sweep of powder. It's even better under regular foundation, makes it go on smoother and look better. It is a little pricey but to me it's totally worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Melcole76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I read the reviews and for some reason still bought this product.
I thought it would be a great moisturizer and foundation in one! Wrong!!I started to breakout with little red bumps and had a difficult time getting this to spread evenly. I went back to using the basic Olay moisturizer with mineral powder foundation and I'm hope my skin will clear up soon!
So no I will not be purchasing this again, not worth $27.00.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by annamay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this all-in-one product, but alas I was wrong. The smell is odd but does disappear rapidly after application. The tint is so light that it is imperceptible except for the fact that it creates those annoying little dots all over my face after blending to nothingness. It is especially pronounced on my nose and in some of the pores on my cheeks. Plus this product makes my face red, although it does not sting or irritate my face at all.
Thank goodness it acts as a decent foundation primer and has spf 15 or it would be in the trash.
I only wear this when I know my makeup will be applied over it. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by samj_donnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I would give this a 0 rating if I could! I can honestly say that this is the worst cosmetic product I have ever bought and the best place for it is in the bin!!

I'm in my early thirties and bought this product to cheer myself up because I have been stressed out lately and my skin has been looking a little bit lack lustre and I have noticed some fine lines appearing. I have combination skin which is a little bit uneven. I paid 29.99 for this from Boots, which I think is very expensive but I thought it would be worth it!

How wrong I was!! I used it for about 4 days and although it felt nice and lightweight when I put on I noticed that my skin became incredibly greasy and I have broken out in the most awful acne and I have some bumps under my skin around my jaw line.

So not only am I now miserable and very self conscious I am 29.99 out of pocket!! Thanks a bunch Olay!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by madgesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

pros:
great coverage
great spf
pump dispenser keeps product clean

cons:
too orange or dark for my fair skin
pump dispenser doesn't allow you to get all of the product out as opposed to squeeze tubes

overall great the only reason i gave a 4 and won' t buy again is b/c it doesn't match my skin tone :(

and even though it's expensive upfront it lasts so long it's worth the money