November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Moisturizers - Aveda - green science Firming Face Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by LolaButterflies05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this during the time of my skin recovery from sun burn. I was recommend this product from the Aveda spa. My dry skin actually had moisture and a youthful glow after using this product for at least a month on daily basis. I smells light and fresh and felt good on my skin. I did exfoliate 2 times a week with Aveda's other products but ever regaining a dewy type moisture was the question. It worked well for me.

Most other moisturizers would have made my face look shiny and waxy due to the sun damage during this exfoliating period of a total of 6 months. I did not think that anything would have ever worked, but this Aveda firming face Creme did more than forming. I gave the right amount of moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's back, and there was no rejoicing. The new formula looks and feels similar to the Tourmaline Cream (although, thankfully, it at least hasn't broken me out the same way) and it smells not so great, with an undertone of grease.

I don't like it, and the magic effect I longed for is now gone. (I'm not imagining that, either, because I'm still working on a jar of Green Science Eye Cream Original Flavour, and yep, that's still got it.)

I'm bitterly, bitterly disappointed. No longer recommend.
_________________
This was my go-to moisturizer for several years, but is presently off the market for some reason (to my great frustration). Reviews for Aveda, and the Green Science line, seem to be mixed, but the moisturizer and eye cream are the only ones I've ever used that make a VISIBLE difference to my skin.
I'm just starting to see the beginnings of sag and lines, and Green Science plumps both of those up, and moisturizes all day without being shiny, sticky, or greasy.
It occasionally stings a bit going on, but not in any alarming way.
I like the firm yet light, non-oily texture, and found that a little went a fairly long way. The smell is a bit strong, but I like most of the Aveda scents, and am fine with this one (although I realize the essential oils used could irritate some people). However, I have had terrible reactions to many products in the past, and have not had any problem with this over the three or four years I used it consistently.
I always use separate sunscreen with my moisturizer (as I react to most chemical sunscreens) so the lack of sunscreen in this is a positive for me.
The only thing I would wish is that it would be packaged in a pump or squeeze bottle instead of an open jar. (Maybe that's what they're doing with it. I can only dream!)
I have not (yet, anyway) found anything else, including others in the Aveda line, that remotely compares; even products that don't outright cause breakouts or irritation do not make the visible improvements to my face that this did.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by ek1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I moved on this is cream after my skin cleared up on teh Aveda Outer Peace range. Unfortunately this cream seems to cause a reaction on my skin, I got an itchy rash after using it. Stopped for a week & tried it again, and the same thing happened. I really wanted to use this but it just didnt work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Sammy190

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would say to anyone who wants to use these products, take 10 minutes out of your schedule and speak to the consultants at Aveda before buying any of their products. Because they are natural you will have a reaction to their products within 24 hours if it doesn't suit your skin type so it is worth trying first. They are so helpful and will give you testers. All purchases can be taken back within 14 days - I have tried their dry skin creams (as I wanted something thicker for night time) but it was too greasy for me and they refunded me. The green science face cream is so worth the money. The fine lines around my eyes have gone but I admit that those on my forehead are still there - I should probably start using the serum to target this area.

I also use the green science face wash and toner and when I've been eating badly or drinking wine (this dries my skin out) I add 2 drops of their dry skin oil to the green science dream and I feel radiant.
I love this product and will try and sell it to anyone who has ever had dry or sensitive skin. I have had trouble with my skin since I was 17 years old. The issue is dry (sometimes excessively dry) sensitive skin with red raised bumps. I have seen many Doctors who tell me I have eczema. But no cream or treatment has ever worked. Most creams have brought tears to my eyes as they have stung my skin and made the red and dryness worse. Winters were awful. I have paid a fortune visiting dermatologists and trying all the creams in Boots and shops online. Nothing worked. That is until I treated myself to a facial at Aveda and explained how much I hated my skin. 2 days later, having started on the green science range, my skin was bright, the dry patches were going and there were no red blotchiness left. I have now been using these products for 9 months and I have only had 1 breakout of bad skin in all this time (and this was after a stressful and busy week ). This in itself is the most amazing thing and I would pay triple the price this little pot costs to keep my skin as it is now. I honestly don't know what I would do if they ever discontinued the range.

Please try it and if you donít like it, you can take it back for a full refund within 14 days.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by adamsboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great moisturizer for nighttime use. It has helped diminish my fine lines tremendously. Will continue to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by creativethinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bad experience. I started on the green science line ( line minimizer, lifting serum and firming face cream) and my face looked like it got burnt. If you have sensative skin, stay away from this stuff. After using this for less than 3 days, my face got red, blotchy. My skin got really thick and puffy. I had a bad reaction to this product. Aveda's green science is suppose to be an anti-aging product but the product actually did the opposite for me. It made me look much older while I was recovering from it. After the redness and puffines went away, my skin got really dry almost scale-like and my whole face peeled away a layer. It took me 2 months to recover from this product and get back to normal. I would not wish this upon my enemies. It was that bad.
This product was a self esteem eraser for me. I did not go out at all during those months of recovery.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Rina7

It's been very hard for me to find a moisturizer for my (increasingly dry) face that doesn't make me break out and that doesn't have perfume. This is the best thing I've found so far on both counts. My skin is pretty sensitive but this doesn't make me react. Not sure about firming, but it's not making things worse. Works pretty decently as an eye cream too. The biggest downside is the heavy texture, which means I can only use it as a night cream and on cold/dry days. For this kind of heavy texture I expect more hydration than this cream delivers. Good enough to use until it runs out, then it's onto another.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if there's actually any real firming going on (it's not magical...or from a dermatologist, afterall), but I find this to be a nice moisturizer that feels comfy, has natural ingredients, and doesn't break me out or hurt my bank account. I did not experience any discomfort from it.
EDIT: Going to return it afterall, if possible. Doesn't moisturize well enough for my skin type. I'll stick with Arcona's Magic White Ice and Renee Rouleau's Multivitamin and Hawaiian Nourishing creams.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by eathies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love most of the Aveda products but this one made my skin burn! I'm bright red, bumpy, and dry! After three days (and hoping my skin would adjust), I am returning it for my original favorite, the tourmaline creme.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by scratchtopaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The best thing about this product is the packaging. I normally love Aveda, but this item was purchased at the behest of a pushy sales girl in Flagstaff, and I should have went with my instincts that was saying 'noooo'. As previously noted, the consistency is terrible, the smell is weird and it doesn't seem to be firming up anything for me, other than the fact I shouldn't listen to 20 yr olds when it comes to skin care.