November 24, 2014 | 1462 users online

Treatments (Face) - Aveda - green science lifting serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This serum makes my skin very soft. but I'm not sure it does anything very special. does not diminish fine lines or lighten hyperpigmentation, or plump up the skin. it seems more like a light moisturizer than a serum. it does have really nice ingredients! but I just don't think it's worth the money. it takes several pumps to cover the face, so it goes really, really quickly. it's just not anything that special for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh dear I am going to make myself unpopular here! The voice of dissent- Again! I read the reviews and expected good things. Heck I had to work and track this stuff down because we don't have an Aveda outlet near me yet. It is pricey for such a little pot (36 plus I think for 1fl.oz) that they cant even be bothered to put a top on. Its quite natural which is always good (to me) and has all the things you would expect to be so beneficial to the health of your skin in terms of moisturising and anti-ageing. It even has that wonder (I am told) ingredient- Argan Oil. But.... It smells weird.Very, er, green! I do not like that smell. Its semi moisturising, feels cool and not too heavy. I don't think it is breaking me out but it doesn't seem to be doing a whole load of anything really. I have such unresponsive skin. I am fed up! I wanted to like this more than I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a free sample of the green science cleanser - so while I was in the Aveda store, I tried the lifting serum - on the back of my hand. It felt (and smelled) so nice that I DARED to put a tiny drop on one cheek. Wow. I am loving it. (But not the high price)

So now whenever I go into the Aveda store I use a bit. I may crack and buy a bottle yet!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome. I got a sample of it from my salon and figured - like any other "line minimizing" product that I've tried, that it wouldn't work. Well, I was certainly suprised when I smoothed it on my forehead lines and they virtually disappeared! I am not kidding. Like someone else said, it doesn't permanently make them go away, but they do temporarily. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I just bought a full sized bottle from ebay for $40. It's about $50 retail. The sample lasted about 3 months though, so I'm sure I'll get my money's worth!
EDIT/UPDATE 12/29/09: Results are only temporary. Bleh. Not worth the money as I thought before.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

I'm a die hard Aveda user and was sooooo sad to see Night Nutrients go... So I went all over town and bought 6 bottles... dreading the day that I used my last one. When I went for my facial, the SA gave me a sample which lasted me 2 weeks. OMG.. why did I buy 6 bottles of NN???... I have fine lines on my forehead from raising my eyebrows and lines on my nose...(when I scratch my nose, I make a pig nose, then I rub up and down vigorously LOL).. when I used this for a week, they vanished!!! Luckily I was able to give a bottle of my NN to my sister and I'm down to my last bottle.. I cant wait to buy a bottle of this lifting serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

I really like this serum. I love skincare items, and unfortunately almost everything gives me a reaction, whether it be a breakout, redness, or rash. I switched to Aveda recently and this serum I thought would be great to start using. I love the texture, its smooth and not too liquidy. It spreads evenly and 1-2 pumps cover my face well. It leaves my skin looking hydrated and smooth. I have had no reactions from this serum. My only complaint is the glass bottle packaging. I cant get the rest of the product out. I have to swish the bottle around so that the pump can get more product. Oh well. I do love the serum though and this will be purchased again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Aveda skincare has always been hit and miss for me. So I've learned to leave it alone. But I go to an Aveda salon and while I was waiting for my color, I started playing with the Green Science samples. First, I used this on my hand - amazing smoothing qualities. Then I put it on my face and sat around for another hour. No redness - and I have rosacea. So I had to buy it. Now I'm on my second bottle. It really does smooth out fine lines - it doesn't remove them, don't be silly - but the moisturizing properties keep your skin nicely plumped. This works extremely well under make-up and doesn't have that sticky, gel-like, watery consistency that many serums have. I tried the other Green Science products: they are fine but this is the best.