April 16, 2014 | 1466 users online

Fragrances - Amouage - Lyric Woman

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by masha814

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The richest, most velvety rose perfume on the planet. This is an extraordinary feast of floral, spice, incense, and milky notes. It is a complex perfume, yet seamless. Elegant, but not at all cloying or overdone. Every element is in its place, and nothing extraneous appears. Simple perfection!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by estherurwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At least I know now why Epic, Memoir and Lyric seem to have that same strange "sour" note in the dry down. Another reviewer helpfully pointed out that they were all created by Daniel Maurel. I am still at a loss though as to what this sour note actually is in terms of ingredient, just that I don't like it. It's not sour like citrus, more like something fermenting. Anyone who can shed light on this for me please do, I can't figure it out. Anyway, Lyric is actually my favourite of the three scents named above. It is lighter and less full on than both Memoir and Epic (and see my review on that too). I could bear Lyric and it quite grew on me, whereas I had to wash the other two off. Or at least try too. One thing I will say for Amouage, their scents do last. So, Lyric: nice enough, subtle, elegant, refined but a bit generic and absolutely no comparison to the lovely Dia or the absolutely stupendous and gorgeous Gold. I guess I just prefer the sweeter and more powdery Amouage scents. Strange, as I love love love En Avion By Caron and it is neither.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by elaborate

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tester insert says: "Beyond the transient beauty and purity of Lyric lingers a poignant song without a beginning and an end. Inspired by the rose, Lyric is a floral oriental fragrance suspended in time with a mythical melody."

What I experienced is that there are a lot of spices but they aren't in your face pungent ones like you'd find in Ambre Sultan. They are soft, pleasing and smoothed over with vanilla. I can't smell the rose in there although this scent is supposed to be about rose!!

The next morning (around 10 hours later) it can still be found on my arm. As I move about I can smell a little bit of powdery musky base which is what I find so enticing about Chanel No. 5 Parfum. I think the drydown is beautiful, but the top and middle notes are still lingering and while they are OK I am not falling for them.

Tester insert 1 says: "Evoking memories of the ancent Silk Road journey from China to Arabia this woody oriental fragrance is inspired by the poetic splendour of cumin, saffron, cardamon infused with myrrh, geranium and the richness of oud, musk, leather, patchouli, cedarwood, frankincense."

Tester insert 2 says: "This spicy oriental fragrance is a ddication to the rose infused with angelica. Created for the confident gentlemen who dares to desire."

For Amouage fragrances I tend to prefer the Men over the Women and this is one of them. Lyric Men is a juicy green foresty scent... a bit like Ormonde Jayne (OJ) Woman or OJ Man... nearer to OJ Woman than OJ Man as it doesn't have the smidgen of oud like basenote in OJ Man. Or maybe the 2008 version of Etro Via Verri (2nd edition, the one after the rose one). Would love to wear it if a bottle comes free but I already have the two OJs and the Via Verri so won't be purchasing. If I run out of the OJs then I may get a bottle of this, as even though Via Verri can be gotten at favourable prices it isn't as smooth as Lyric Men.

The next morning Lyric Men stays pretty much the same. Still evidently here, almost the first thing I smelt when I got out of bed, which is typical for all Amouage fragrances I have tested as they are so concentrated.

3 stars for Women, 4 stars for Men

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ginamused

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like several past reviewers, I'm not usually in love with fragrances dominated by rose, but this isn't just another rose perfume. This is the most utterly gorgeous and feminine fragrance I have ever sniffed. It is rich and soft without being cloying. Spicy, jammy rose with lovely incense. I wish I were more articulate so that I might better convey how beautiful Lyric is.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry, I can recognise the craftsmanship as being superb. Top quality ingredients but so MUCH rose and incense it makes me feel sick and headachey. I would love to love it, Mais non.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by fenlady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to love this scent, but I just can't, 'cos it doesn't love me back! On my very pale and quite dry skin the rose notes evaporate so fast that I'm left with a scent like an old red wine, and not a vintage year, either! Just wine that was about to turn into vinegar! As though I'd clumsily spilt a few drops of house red on my arm, at dinner. This is not the way I want to smell. I did like the opening ten minutes, when the rose, the spices and creamy base notes all took their turn and smelled lovely. But then, the drydown last for ever, and I just wanted it to go away. I haven't found an Amouage I truly love, and I now wonder whether this perfume house targets a different sort of skin chemistry. Sadly, it doesn't work for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

Ah yes. Another stunning Amouage scent. This one (reviewing the woman's version) is an exquisite rendition of incense Rose. Except that rose is ever-so-fleeting. It peeks out here and there but it will not be what your nose detects primarily, though its presence is continuously "felt" as a more lush/velvey/crimson-ness- if you will. The opening is barely fresh and a bit green, in the way of By Killian's Cruel Intentions, but soon begans a slow languorous trajectory toward one of the most stunning incenses I've ever smelled. This baby develops and develops. It will take you on a journey lasting all day. For some, that may be too much work and demand too much attention.I would not say this is a good work scent, unless your work involves lots of time spent in meditative contemplation, by yourself. But if you have the time to appreciate this scent, it will literally enchant you. Swirls of light smoke and incense surround a smooth honey core in which rose petals have been steeped; but this is only the beginning of the journey. The blending of this scent is so fabulous that at no point does it swerve into gourmand or sweet,or "smokey" territory; but somehow transcends these olfactory definitions. You have to experience it to believe it and to understand the coarse approximations of so many other niche frags in the same family (yes Rose 31, I'm looking at you). Absolutely worth at least a try through Luckyscent or Perfumed Court sampling programme. This one will soon join my collection.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by bxkern2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had three men ask me "What are you wearing?" since I started to wear this a year ago -- and another comment, "Mmm, you smell delicious..." as I walked by him. I know much of this has to do with skin chemistry, etc., but I have to say: Lyric Woman is, by far, the most beautiful fragrance I've worn and has become my signature scent.

Funny enough, I've had a woman ask me if I was wearing men's cologne -- the frankincense is pretty prominent...I'm thinking she probably didn't find my scent quite as delicious as the aforementioned menfolk, but I could understand where she was coming from: this scent could easily be worn by a man (the male version of Lyric doesn't come close to the female incarnation, in my opinion).

Anyhoo, every time I spray this, I inhale deeply -- I love the development all the way from the initial burst of frankincense and spices, to the emergence of the somewhat deconstructed rose (it's not overpowering to my nose at all -- I'm really not all that into roses either, but this WORKS!), to the soft, resinous, vanillic drydown.

This one is avante-garde sexy and appropriate year-round (I live in Austin, TX, and I find that this works quite well in humidity).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amouage Lyric is a velvety spicy rose fragrance, very well done, with the highest quality of materials. I agree it is not so much a rose fragrance as a spicy oriental with a rose note. I am not a rose lover but loved the rose in Jubilation 25, so I ventured out and ordered a sample of Lyric. Lyric isn't working for me, however. It is pretty enough, especially in the drydown. My husband even likes it alot (not many he does;I did see online opinions describing this as a "sexy" fragrance), but I only used two little dabs from a sample vial, and it's taken three hours to get to the point I find it bearable. I shudder to think what it would be like if I sprayed it on. It is very dense. For the money, I want to be able to enjoy my perfume. I'd probably like it if Amouage made something the equivalent of what Dia is to Gold for Lyric. Lyric Light? :-) It's still worth trying; I think this would be very rich and elegant on the right person. Just a little much for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't normally like rose fragrances, but this one is an unconventional beauty. On my skin it starts off with a kick of spice and roses, then it morphs into a creamy-salty rose. Very unique and creative. It smells expensive. This was what I was hoping Andy Tauer's Incense Rose would be. Definitely recommend this one!