April 20, 2014 | 1652 users online

Lotions/ Creams - C.O. Bigelow - Derma Remedy Intense Dry Skin Therapy Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

How great is this stuff? Well, I purchased my first tube less than a month ago and picked up my second today. Not because I ran out, mind you- because I want to keep one at home and have one in my purse at all times. And also because my normally product-averse boyfriend just informed me that he'd been sneaking this lotion for the past month and wanted me to buy more.

If you have eczema and hate steroid creams or the nasty-smelling Sarna lotion, this is a godsend. As mentioned, it smells crisp and fresh, and the packaging is adorable. The product is thick, but absorbs within seconds. It seems as if the word is out there, because the line is featured in Lucky this month, and the shelves were nearly cleaned out at the Bath and Body Works I visited today. There's not much more to say, other than that CO Bigelow's Derma Remedy line is an instant holy grail.

Edited to say that the product I was reviewing here is actually the CO Bigelow Derma Remedy treatment. That product deserves five lippies. I've since tried the regular Derma Remedy lotion, which is good, but doesn't seem to have the same soothing effect on skin. If you can track it down in the store (and that's not easy), try the treatment instead of the lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The Derma Remedy Body Lotion is like a wave of hydration over my body! I was initially drawn to this product because of the packaging, and I'm a C.O. Bigelow product fanatic, but little did I know this would be as an amazing product that it is. It's basically a super-lotion for people with dry skin or chronic dry, very dry skin. Now I have dry skin in the winter time (in the summer it's normal), so I purchased this because I thought it would be a good hydrator when the seasons change, but my mom has CHRONIC dry, flaky skin year-round and she now swears by this product and uses it day and night.

Let me tell you, it's basically like a medicated lotion, without a medicated smell. It's fragrance is like green tea, it's very high-end fragrance you might say. If you have normal to dry skin, you're not going to want to use a lot because this lotion is PURE moisture (but not in a gross oily way), but if your skin is extremely dry, you should apply this like a regular lotion.

It claims to cure dry skin in 3 days, which it does because my mom used it, but I find it's also great for dry skin in general or just dry patches on your body. It IS expensive, it's $18.00, but well worth it. I would highly recommend this to anyone who can't find anything to quench their dry skin. I can't wait to try the shower gel, which has the same principles, although I'm not sure that I actually need it after using this.