April 23, 2014 | 1885 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Cleansing Milk with Gentian

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by gale2509

I'm a huge cream/milk cleanser fan, it's my staple for evening cleansing so I've tried a few!
Despite being a big clarins fan, this just isn't one of my favourite products. It's a good consistency, fragrance is pleasant, make up removal properties are very good and It didn't sting my eyes at all. I find it a bit greasy though, which is something i don't like and still feel its not fully removed even after toner. It's worth noting that I haven't suffered from any negative skin effects though whilst using these products for the last 6 weeks so my skin isn't complaining.
To wrap this review up, It's just not one of my personal favourites - it's back to the shiffa products for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Blondiebec

This is a very luxurious cleanser, it smells absolutely gorgeous. It removes your make up nicely, I think it is always good to cleanse twice anyway as once removes the make up and second time cleanses the skin. I personally use a muslin cloth to remove it from my face and it leaves my skin smelling and feeling lovely. I have sensitive skin and I find that a lot of cream cleansers irritate it but this one doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been using this cleanser for years, and I'm really partial to it.

It might not be my HG, but it's been a good couple years.

it smells and feels beautiful, when I rinse it off it doesn't leave any film or feel too drying,

The package is acceptable, Its in a squeezy bottle with a wide enough lid to sit on when you're running low.

I think it could be a little less spendy though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by caterpie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am new to the world of cleansers (my face routine consisted of plain ol' soap, water and moisturiser, but I thought I'd try something new), and I got this as a sample from Clarins yesterday after buying some moisturising cream-gel. The cream is lovely... the cleanser, not so much. Used it twice, and both times, as soon as I rinse it off, I'm left with a really, *really* nasty smell that lingers. Not sure if I'm just not using it right, as it smells lovely just in the bottle. Doesn't leave my face feeling fresh and clean, but a bit greasy, even after using the toner; and unless I'm mistaken I can feel *more* spots coming up... how disappointing! I'll try it again tonight, and if the smell comes up again, I won't be using it again and definitely won't buy it. (It really is that off-putting.)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by skypine

To make this cleanser effective, the key is the application. Instead of massage on your face as other cleansing milk, u need to press on and off your face w/ the palms. First, your hands must be dry, then warm the milk to body temperature. Press the milk against / off your face and your hands must do it quickly as if your hands got burned, more like a suction mechnisim to draw out the purities. As you press on and off, the milk becomes stickier, for about another min or two, the sticky milk becomes oil. When you feel the milk is completely melt into oil, massage in circular motion. Depends on the cleaniness of your skin, the oil will produce some yellowish bumps. Keep massaging for 3 - 5 mins, then wipe off w/ tissue paper and rinse off with water. On the days my face is really dirty and oily, I would get lots of bumps, you will be amazed on the dirt you see on the tissue paper. I usually only use once a week. yes, if you use this cleanser in regular method, u would be disappointed. Yet, nothing wrong w/ the product but whether you know how to use it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by stormV301

Have been using this with the matching toner and gentle day cream for a week now - bought it after it was recommended (have been using dermalogica for just over two months now and this hadnt really made any difference to my skin in the long run, so wanted to try something else). So far I am liking this although, like some of the other reviews, I feel it doesnt take my makup off as well as other cleansers have in the past - so I use two lots of it like a pre-cleanse and a cleanser - the first to take off the majority of my makeup, and the second to remove anything else that it left and follow with the toner. I have to say that my skin seems less dry than usual, and I havent had a any new blemishes appear yet....will have to hold and and see over a month or two if it works well or not! Really hoping that this will work.....getting to the end of my tether with my skin now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by AliceS23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, i will always use this as a facial cleanser as I feel like it has really help combat my oily skin and also my acne. My skin feels so soft and squeaky clean after i have used this and especially after using the toner as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by whatthefrig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first product from Clarins that I've tested, and I must say that I'm really disappointed, Clarins being a high-end brand. It's supposed to remove makeup, dirt and all that jazz, but lemme tell ya, it didn't remove shit! When I used my toner from Clinique afterwards there was still ALOT of makeup left on the cotton ball. I agree with the other reviewers, if you use light makeup, this might work for you but if you use liquid/cream foundations, primer, sunscreen and all that this will not do anything.
The pros are that it was cheap (got it 50% off), there's a nice smell and it doesn't dry out my skin, but obviously the cons weigh out the pros. It's so painfully average.

Do not waste your money, buy something else!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by honalooloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I was initially a bit reluctant to try it, the "cream cleanser" aspect of it put me off as I didn't think it would leave my skin feeling clean enough.
I have fairly erratic, acne prone but sensitive skin that has a tendency to dry out, and previously had been using creamy wash off/gel cleansers and scrubs from the chemist (Clearasil in particular.)
I'm so glad I tried this - it's been almost three weeks and I've not had one break out, spot or dry/flaky patch. I'm using the cleanser according to the instructions (I thought "yeah, right" when i read about the suction method, but so far so good!)
I usually end up massaging it in a bit longer than I'm probably meant to but I love the smell, feels like a real treat.
I haven't tried the toner yet, I'm using a Sanctuary one and it's really nice too, but would like to give the Clarins one a go. In the morning if I'm in the shower i put the cleanser on dry as normal then either wash it off with water or use a muslin cloth to buff it off.
The only thing about it I'm not too keen on is the packaging: I'd prefer a pump for hygiene and easiness, I never really know how much to use and given the price I don't want to waste any.
Overall I love this, would definitely recommend.

************** Edit***********

About three days after writing this, I changed my mind! I started getting dry spots - not patches, but actual spots where my skin was really dry, and really bad break outs. My chin is usually the only place my skin is a problem but it was freaking out all over. So I wouldn't actually recommend this at all! It's a shame as I really liked it at first but I think it's too perfumed

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by lauractinapay

I got this product as a sample at my local Shoppers Drugmart her in Canada. I would say that this product smells very nice and it feels very creamy. I don't think it strips away all the dirt and makeup off of my face because it doesn't lather up like my Cetaphil facial cleanser. So, I have to go back and use my Cetaphil instead. This product did not break me out or irritate my highly sensitive skin. Because of its creamy consistency, I would say that this would be a great treat for the winter months as it doesn't leave your skin dry but feeling fresh and soft. I may or may not buy it soon. I have to look-up the price and see.