July 30, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Deep Black

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Juliebeans

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down to the best mascara ever! I started out with Definicils before Hypnose ever came out which was great. Then I tried Hypnose and became stuck for life. I cannot even count how many of these I went through. I have tried other products like Dior Show and other credible ones but they just don't do it like Hypnose. I don't think they work wonders like this one. I don't even curl my eyelashes. I always have two tubes of Hypnose on hand; one being the dryer one (as base), then the newer one for the rest of the do. It has just always worked for me and made my eyes look glamourous. I just don't like how the price keeps going up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by 19sarah83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara I have used to date. I have Deep Black because I love dramatic lashes. Hypnose gives me exactly the look I've been hoping for without needing to wear falsies. The product is gel-based I think, it glides on a lot smoother than other mascaras, does not flake (for me), it is very buildable for amazing volume, it also works well for giving me lots of length, curl and definition. My lashes still feel soft after applying a few layers of Hypnose, they're not all crunchy and brittle. I will need to post a pic of one eye with this mascara and one without, to show just how great this stuff is. It's not like you can tell a little bit of difference like some comparison shots I've seen, Hypnose truly delivers. I don't get why the rating isn't higher.
I'm torn as to whether or not to get 'Drama' or 'Star' next, or stick with what I know and love. The price is steep around here at $31 a tube, it was my splurge and I am so happy I picked it up. I have 'Doll Lashes' and it doesn't do what I was hoping it claims to, but Hypnose is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the price of this mascara, I was expecting it would outperform my cheapy drugstore one. it didn't. it's not an awful mascara really, it's jost not WOW either. i liked the color and the brush wand, however the formula was nothing special. there were a few clumps and i had to work to remove them with the wand which was annoying because I expected the formula to be smoother (atleast when i first started using it). In any case, im going to return it to sephora, get my $25 back and stick to my regular great lash from maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by starkittyvixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

it is a wonderful volume mascara. i love it..
its really black

last all day
does not run with/without a primer
the only reason why i wil not buy again is because it does not lengthen.
keep in mind my lashes are thick and curly volume is something i do not need.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after Diorshow turned out to be a total loss for me (loved the look, but caused my eyes to itch and burn horribly). Hypnose gives me long, thick lashes in just one coat. It also lasts well without flaking or raccoon eyes. The only complaint is that it does tend to be very wet, so lashes take a little longer to dry. After having my tube open for about 2 weeks of use, I found that this improved greatly. This is a dramatic mascara, but it is also buildable. I wore it daily to work with just 1 light coat, but it would also be great for evening wear. Frankly, I didn't notice any difference in this "deep black" and the regular black, but I still like this one. It also removes super easily, which was really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by bippyloo

This is a really great mascara. I have light, sparse lashes and very pale skin and this mascara does a good job of giving me fullness and definition without looking fake. Normally when I buy a new mascara, I have to give it an initial "grace period" before I make up my mind on whether or not I like it because I find mascars to be too liquidy, and thus clumpy, in the beginning, but Hypnose was perfect from the start. It gives you that sought-after fake lashes look. I guess it really is true that Lancome has the best mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does well at making it look like i have more eyelashes than what i really do. It separates and defines every lashes. it comes off easily with eye make up remover. Since it is deep black it may give you a dark circle effect and becomes difficult to take off.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by linmi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In search for the perfect mascara, I tried this mascara. I bought Mac Zoom Intense Black the same day to try. I loved the Mac Zoom (added a review) but really didn't like this Lancome mascara (at almost twice the price of Mac Zoom). It didn't do anything special and for some reason the fancy curved brushes just never work. Who really knows how to work those brushes the way they are designed? The mascara was sort of clumpy and I didn't notice anything special in the way of lengthening or thickening. Sorry to say I returned it the next day. Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, lancome mascara in general is pretty good, but I'm never super impressed. L'oreal has wowed me further. But, I have to give it credit for decent lengthening, ok volumizing and creating staying power and colour. But, I honestly would not pay the price for this kind of mascara (mine was gwp).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 3:21:00 AM More reviews by makeupismagic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this mascara, I like the original hypnose, so I figured I'd love this because it's supposed to be darker than regular black. I wasn't really disappointed, my hopes were ridiculously high, as usual ! The deep black color once dry on the lashes isn't really any darker than the black in the original. The deep black looks really black and inky when wet, somehow it dries to a regular black. It performs just as good as its counterpart, which is a good mascara IMO. I will enjoy using the tube I have now but probably won't repurchase. I do recommend it though.