MAC Cremesheen - Modesty

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hardly ever wear lipstick but this one is really nice and understated. I really prefer emphasising my eye make-up, but for my wedding day the make-up artist recommended this and it was really nice and natural.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm NC35 and this gives my lips a soft flush of pinky nude color. My only problem with it is the formula. Mac cremesheen formulas melt easily, especially in a tropical climate like where I live and they don't last long on the lips. I had to depot Modesty because of this but it is a nice shade nonetheless. Wish it lasted longer on the lips though.

This is one of my Top Ten MAC lipsticks, I love it! it's a gorgeous muted neutral pink shade with just a hint of peachiness to it that's pretty much almost exactly the same as my natural lip color. I'm a MAC NW20 and it's just perfect for my skin tone. When I want something on my lips that's as natural looking as possible but still gives a "finished" look to my overall makeup look I reach for Modesty first thing.

As far as wear time goes, It's a cremesheen formula so, it wears off fairly quickly and needs to be reapplied about every hour or so. That doesn't bother me at all really, it's not drying at all and I can even use it without lip balm. With a lipliner of course the wear time is extended exponentially, I like using it with MAC's lip pencil in Subculture. Overall I'm a huge fan of this lipstick, LOVE!!!!

I love this lipstick. This is my go to everyday nude that I wear to work, it is a beautiful and classy colour. On my current nc20 skin it shows as a brownish pink nude. Glossy and creamy so no dry bits on my lips either!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

After a particularly disappointing attempt to find the lip product for me at the drug store recently, I finally decided enough was enough, bit the bullet and went to Mac. I came out with 2 cream sheen shades - modesty and fanfare. Modesty is very much a pinky nude colour. Its very subtle and natural on me and I'm really pleased with it. I love the finish on both these cream sheen colours and I find them very comfortable to wear, especially compared with my drug store disasters! I reckon they last about 2 hours, if you don't eat in that time! But they smell so good and I enjoy reapplying them so the comfort is worth the need to reapply for me personally. I have no other formulas to compare it to but I think cream sheen will probably be the one for me as someone with quite dry lips. I've tried a few mattes on and I just don't think my lips can handle them. These are not the colours all the bloggers rave about, but I'm a working girl and if I'm gonna spend £15.50 on a lipstick I want it to be one I can pick up any day of the week! I must have tried on about 8 different shades and most of the ones that have a lot of hype around them just plain didn't suit me - I'm taking to you Creme cup and velvet teddy!! Lipstick is such a personal thing. So go in store - swatch them - try them on - and definitely give some unsung heroes a try! I'm definitely a Mac lipstick convert I'm already researching what one to get next

Yes I love it!! Its creamy, has a nice shine , gorgeous color, but it doesnt stay on your lips long. This is my first lipstick from MAC so Im very pleased. Im not sure I'll repurchase because it can be a little drying... Overall I like it and reaching for it almost every other day!

Well I was not too sure about this but Nick at the mac in Macy's La Jolla picked it out for me and I love love love it for fall!!! A pretty nude pinkish color with a brown tint on me. Perfect for fall and winter. Can be a bit drying. I wear Mac Subculture liner with it and it looks great. I also love Brave and Faux but this one adds a bit more brightness too my face! Maybe my go to fall/winter color!!!! Thanks Nick!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am utterly inlove with this lipstick! Its such a gorgeous muted pinky-brown tone on my NC30 skin tone. It's true that its no fuss, I feel as though I can apply it without a mirror and not have to worry if application is messy. Creamsheen finishes are not my favorite due to it not being long lasting & too creamy, but for this color I will make an exception!

YES. This is a perfect YLBB on me. I mostly use this as a blush, and it works very well. Unfortunately, this formula seems to accentuate any flakes on my lips. A bit of lip balm underneath seems to solve this. It does seem to last longer (on me) than other MAC lipsticks. This is a staple for me, which I can't say about many lipsticks.

This is my go to lipstick. My skin is medium with yellow undertones and this is the perfect muted soft pink which doesn't wash me out. In the tube it looks pretty brown, but it translates to a soft subtle pink. I usually go for matte or satin finishes but this is gorgeous and makes my lips look healthy and kissable. Modesty is such a versatile colour which brightens up and polishes my face. Of all my MAC lipsticks, I would definitely repurchase and I highly recommend this lipstick. I wear this alone or paired with Whirl, Soar and recently over Spirit lipstick. I cannot rave about this lipstick enough and I'm so glad I actually picked it up.

Recommended for Medium Skin