September 21, 2014 | 1052 users online

Gels/Soaps - Trader Joe's - (Joes) Tea Tree Tingle Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by jennifer_ca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a body wash during the hotter months - love the scent (I think it leans more towards peppermint vs. tea tree) and the cold tingle is very refreshing after a hot day/night.

With less than 1/8 remaining in the bottle, I added a little water and used it to clean the bathroom sink and bathtub. Even diluted, once I started scrubbing it produced enough foam to clean, and it left the sink & bath sparkly clean with no residue.

Here's the BEST part: it didn't induce an asthma attack or wheezing, and I'm sensitive to most household cleaning products. Supposedly tea tree oil as antibacterial properties, so I'll try using this in the kitchen too. If you are sensitive to the fumes from most household cleansers, and can tolerate the scent of essential oils (peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus), consider trying this.

I will buy this again to use as a body wash. Regarding effectivenss as a bathroom & kitchen cleanser, I just started using it for that purpose, so time will tell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually prefer Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree line to this one. The TJ's one is nice but just not tingly/cooling enough for me. SO loves it though! It was cheap and it does smell nice. I just like a strong tea tree scent and tingle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

What a refreshing body wash. Really recommend this if you REALLY need a shower and need to feel clean. You feel really revitalized afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

If you expect a moisturizing body wash, this one is not for you. In general, I don't have much preference in body wash, as it is just soap. But after trying brands like Dove and Olay Ribbons, I can say that this body wash is really drying. Also, since there is no thickness to the formula, you end up using more to lather up (i.e. comes out more expensive).

I know that a lot of people purchase this because it is more 'natural'. But I found the peppermint smell overbearing in the shower. If I had to smell like anything, peppermint is not my choice of fragrances. The body wash stings in any open cuts and sensitive areas.

Not impressed. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

Great, refreshing scent. Nice in the morning or after the gym to wake me up and invigorate me. My boyfriend also looooves it, very unisex. My only complaint is that the tingliness, i think from the tea tree oil, is a little too tingly to use on my ::ahem:: ladyparts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

SO good. Trader Joe's beauty section is tiny compared to Whole Foods', but every product I've tried in it has been amazing (and cheap!). This doesn't smell overwhelmingly of tea tree oil, if that is something that bothers you. Instead, it is fresh, minty, and invigorating. It works up to a nice lather--I've gotten away with using it while shaving when I'm too lazy to break out the shave cream. It comes in a big bottle that definitely lasts awhile--nothing fancy about the packaging, but it's functional, with an easy-to-use pop-top lid and a cap that's never broken on me. In my fairly unscientific research, if you have issues with body acne, this could be helpful for you, as tea tree oil has acne-fighting properties. I saw a reduction in the amount of breakouts on my back and chest area. I wouldn't say that this should be your only treatment by any stretch of the imagination, but I think that it complemented my treatments nicely (in the past, I've seen creamier body washes break me out). It leaves no weird residue behind--just a nice, clean, tingly feeling. One thing I'd say is do NOT get this in your eyes--not fun!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am looking forward to using this more in the summer. It gives such a cooling feeling to the skin without any drying effects and the scent is refreshing. It makes a great pick me up for early mornings or in general. I love it! My skin is actually left feeling very soft and clean. You get a pretty good sized bottle as well for less than five bucks which is a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by catwhiskers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I keep at least 2 or 3 body washes in my shower at all times and this has become one of my keepers. I'm telling yo, ...., you know when some mornings you get up and you need a little pick me up to go along with your coffee...this body wash will get you up and ready and to work on time.....it really has a great and gives me a great start for those days when I really need it.....I don't plan on removing it from my shower selections any time soon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has got that heavenly scent mix of rosemary, mint, lavender and other herbs. Love it! It can be a bit drying but does a good job as a body wash. Does not sud much, which I like.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

If you are sensitive to smells BEWARE! Imagine yourself in the shower with a little steam (which tends to make scents linger longer) and this peppermint-y strong smell you cannot get rid of that is stinging your eyes. That's exactly what happened to me. The scent wasn't overpowering until I started lathering. Then it was overkill! The body wash is a little drying which I do not like. I felt the need for lotion as soon as I got out, which I normally don't feel when I use my regular wash. Not impressed. And DO NOT GET THE SHAMPOO! I didn't use it but got it for my teen daughter to try to help with her greasy hair and it turned her golden hair brassy and made it frizzy. She used it for a little over a week.