November 1, 2014 | 842 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - Rice Ultra-Matte Face Fluid

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I tried the travel-sized (.33 fl. oz.) of this product. Thank God I didn't waste my money on the full-sized one. I have oily, acne-prone skin and I use products to address these issues (Retin-A, Tanda device, etc.). This product is totally incompatible with a serious acne regimen, because it simply does not provide the moisture necessary to counteract the drying effects of these things. My skin felt tight and itchy and after the third time I tried it, I decided to give up because my skin was flaky and uncomfortable. Perhaps this product would be better for someone with combination skin or someone who does not rely too heavily on chemical exfoliants.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by taliaseki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

well, i bought it on the search for something mattifying. But i live in a dry climate so need efficient mositurizing. this one is not as mattifying as cellex seboregulator or bioderma sebium pore refiner but moisturizes better than them. still i need better moisturing. so search is not over. I will try nuxe fraiche light and write a review for it as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros
- The moisturizer has a lightweight consistency and it is absorbing quite quickly.
-It hydrates the oily skin just as much as it needs it.
-After a month of using it, it visibly refined the texture of my skin, made it smoother and also helped me to get rid of all the blemishes I had.
Cons
- As a mattifier it worked perfectly well for only the first 2-3 weeks. But then it just stopped to control oil production. And now as soon as I start to feel hot my skin becomes oily. I personally believe that I “overfed” my skin with this matte fluid as I used it in the mornings and evenings (though that’s what they recommended on the package). But I think mornings were just enough to keep the moisturizer working. A little goes a long way when you have an oily skin.
-It didn’t tighten my pores at all (though it claimed on the package to do so)
-It finishes very quickly (30ml). The bottle is enough only for around 5 weeks (if to use it twice daily)
-It is a bit expensive (28 euro) for such a small bottle.
I still rated this product high, as it did the most important thing for me that other similar products failed to do – this fluid visibly refined my skin texture just in a month time. And I would highly recommend giving it a try as it is a really good moisturizer for hot summer months. However, now I will try to find something else that would be the same effective but in a bigger bottle and with SPF

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I actually rate this a 4.5. I love this stuff! It smells amazing first of all. I literally stand there and sniff this in the morning, it smells like Hawaii! It also does an amazing job at mattifying. The first time I tried this, I literally stayed matte for a good 8 hours! I also feel like this balanced my skin because my skin used to be much oilier in the past (I had to use several blotting sheets a day), especially in the t-zone but now I'm less oily. The only complaint I have about this (and what I took half a point off for) is that I somehow don't feel like this is deeply moisturizing (on the bottle it says it only pierces through the first epidermis of the skin). So I actually use this in conjunction with another moisturizer for daytime. Otherwise, an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Had a skin care consultation at L'occitane and what can I say. I brought this for oily skin and it works wonders! I love it and my skin feels great fter applying. I use as a make up primer and it helps keep my face oil free and keeps my pores closed! Some face moisturisers for oily skin can dry you out but this doesn't. Great and quite a bargain!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Loveaddict3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this on half of my face to compare it to the other matte primer (Korres pomegranate primer) and I can honestly say I didn't see a difference between the two products. They are both great, though I will say that I will probably buy the other product just because there is more in the tube than this. It's not that this wasn't good, it's just that I was expecting something better than what I was previously using.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Very good product with just the right amount of hydration that leaves the skin not oily but not too matte or dry as well. It actually ends up looking dewy and feeling very fresh too, and the scent is sweet and pleasant but not overpowering at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by luxybon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this product at first. It worked for me for about a week before I ended up breaking out from it. However L'Occitane just introduced a new matte fluid in the Angelica line that is MUCH better. I highly recommend that one instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by traubelein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm on my first week and I love it!!! Especially the smell so almond-y... :) very mild and pleasant. I'm one who's very sensitive to smell, sometimes I even get headaches from smell that are too strong. I love the texture of this moisturizer. It does help neutralize the oil on my face. Usually by lunch time my T-zone would be shiny and quite drippy (eeerwhh) but with this I would be expecting to oil up around 5 o'clock, so that means it lasts 9 hours. My skin does not break out with this so I'm very happy about that. It's a bit expensive for a 30ml packaging but it's definitely worth a try :) I know some people say that this does not have any moisturizing properties and it dries up the skin but I live in a tropical/humid country so this works out fine for me. As for makeup, I use this as a base before I put on my foundation. It also helps to use a foundation that's not too oily. I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light in intensity 3.0- which is not as oily as other foundations. I'm pleased with the combination of both products as it does not make me oily as compared to other combinations or if I use a foundation alone. I would repurchase L'Occitane Rice Ultra Matte Face Fluid again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by yiln

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. I'm probably on my 5th bottle now
I have an oily T-zone, and this is the best oil-controlling product i've ever used.
It's not a miracle product, my skin still gets oily after a couple of hours, but it works longer than any product i've ever used!

Pros:
- does not clog my pores
- works MUCH better than other similar products
- relatively easy to find
- little/no smell

Cons:
- comes in a bloody small bottle and a big price tag
- little/no moisturizing properties (so i only use this on my T-zone and a better moisturizer on the rest of my face)

DEFINITELY worth a try people :)