August 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Moisturizers - DHC - Olive Virgin Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm absolutely addicted to this product. I'm 46 and have been using it for decades. My skin gets clogged easily, but not with this! I'm a HUGE fan of this line, and the products are all so gentle yet effective (this oil is no exception). I use it in the evening, but during the Polar Vortex weeks I was also using it right out of the shower....my skin was so dry and cold that it sank right it and my makeup went on well after 10 mintues or so. I simply cannot recommend this product enough. I've tried everything through the years, including the 500 dollar creams available here in NYC, and I always, always come back to this. A miracle from Mother Nature!! You will NOT be sorry.....try this amazing product!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I too, wanted to like this product. I have dry skin, and it's slighty dehydrated making the wrinkles and pores look bigger. Since they quit making my HG cream, I'm on the hunt for something fairly natural and not too expensive. Luckily I got the travel sizes. I liked the way if felt on clean skin, and afterwards, my skin felt moisturized and glowy, but it didn't ever seem to really sink in. Within a few days I had major breakouts, and I know it was the oil. I quit using it, and within a couple days, the zits were drying up and my skin started clearing. I guess olive oil and I just don't get along. Their hand lotion didn't work so well, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Babyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this product... I was so amazed by it when the SA told me that I could use it for my hair, face, nails, body, dry patches of skin etc, and I needed only 2 tiny drop each time. I've heard so much about the power of virgin olive oil and its miracles. Unfortunately, my skin does not have the afinity with it. It broke me out badly, and I'm talking about the big swelling pus kind of break outs... Now I know, I can't use olive oil products on my skin. Lesson learnt the hard way...as I tried using it again on a separate occassion and the same thing happened...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am totally addicted to this brand's cleansing oil. I've been using it for more than 10 years and I never had the slightest problem with it. I always get samples of other stuff when I repurchase the oil. Most of their skin creams are iffy because they break me out ... except this oil. Like on other occasions, two weeks ago I had an annoying case of small pimples due to another product. I washed my face with Neutrogena's Acne Wash, and treated the pimples with something from Clean&Clear, I forget the name. It helped, except for two SoB pimples which simply refused to respond to the treatment. However, it left my aging oily skin rather on the dry side. In despair, I got hold of this, pumped one drop (ONE) in the palm of my hand, rubbed my hands together, pressed (pressed, not rubbed in) them on my squeaky-clean skin at night, and went to bed hoping for the best. And the best happened. The two little bastards disappeared overnight, and my skin lost its parched appearance, and looked soft and much smoother.

No, don't ask me to explain it. I couldn't, if my life depended on it. All I can say is that this oil saved my skin from pimples on more than one occasion. ONE drop is all you need. Anything more than that is overkill, will make you greasy unnecessarily, and will just be a waste of product. One drop absorbs perfectly well.

I bought the bottle long ago, once when it was on sale (it's very pricey). I'm half-way through it. I keep it in a cool, dry, dark place and it's kept perfectly well for all this time. No cloudiness, no weird smell, nothing of the sort. I only use this at night, on its own, after scrupulously cleaning my skin. It may not work for others, but it works beautifully for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

it seems like people either like this prod or hate it. I got a few samples of this through other DHC orders, and was hesitate to use it...as i already have oily skin, and was afraid that this prod would either compound it or make me break out. It's been a week of my using this as a night time moisturizer and i am happy to report that i didn't get any breakout, nor has it made my skin any oilier. It does feel oily when i apply it on at night, but i just let it soak in while i am sleeping. The result is soft, smooth & almost glowy skin, in the morning. I couldn't believe this. I am definitely ordering this prod when my samples run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Weilin

My skin always dry. when i use before sleep, then feel skin better next morning. Short time meliorate dry skin status.
I always need it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by melina87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have very oily skin and unfortunatly this product was not for me.
It made my skin extra greesy even if I used only a little bit. I used it just before going to bed after I washed my face and used lotion, but in the morning my face would feel so oily!aargh..
It did make my skin softer and I believe this would be a great product for people with dry/normal/sensitive skin.But probably not for oily skin people like me. I love DHC products and I also use their soap and lotion. Those works great for my skin:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by mini_cooper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this product as a night-time moisturiser, I use it daily for both eyes and face, and it leaves my dry skin feeling lovely. I haven't seen any miracles but am hoping it will prevent lines as I approach my mid 30's. I'm allergic to rose hip oil but this olive oil works just fine for me.
The bottle is small and compact which keeps my bathroom shelves clutter free.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by silverslytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This olive oil caused allergic reaction on my face the first three days. Small spots and redness appeared. My face turned so terribly red that I had to pause using it. When I decided to give the product another try a couple of days later, my face did not react negatively anymore, but I do not see any visible improvement either. Also, I feel that the moisturizing effect is fairly temporary.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product in a skincare set from DHC. I did not like this moisturizer. This product left my face feeling oily with a greasy sheen, and I was not able to use it for daytime use. The bottle itself is very small, and the pump top did not work well. I would not re-purchase.