Satin Pillowcase

4.7

on 6/2/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using satin pillowcases for many, many years. They work very well to keep my hair from getting tangled and my dry and sensitive skin from getting irritated.

on 6/2/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I first tried satin pillowcases several years ago and I haven't used anything else since. Cotton and other fabrics tend to absorb moisture and make hair tangled; satin has always worked much better for me. I never wake up with a ratty bird's nest of hair and they're so nice and comfy. You can buy satin pillowcases cheap at Walmart, I think everyone should have one.

on 11/20/2013 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wow! Satin sheets are wonderful. I've been waking up with ugly bed wrinkles for years now and always meant to get a satin pillowcase but never got around to it. I wish did! I bought myself a set of satin pillowcases and woke up with the freshest ever face I'd ever seen on myself in a LONG time. No creases and my skin looked more hydrated! Also my hair wasn't so crazy. So now I'm buying a household full of satin pillowcases so my daughter can enjoy these benefits as well. My only gripe is not buying a set sooner! Don't wait till you're in your 30s like I did!.

I has known about this beauty secret for maintaining moisture in the hair for a long time but never tried it. Then I saw the other two reviews on MUA and coincidentally saw some inexpensive satin pillowcases at Target. I decide to give it a try since it never hurts to have some extra linens even if it did nothing fo rmy hair.

I wash my hair at night during the week because I workout in the evening. By morning my hair would sometimes have a bad bedhead look. Showering twice per day dries my hair and skin out so I would use dry shampoo and a blowdryer to re-style. With the satin pillowcases, I noticed a difference right away in the way my hair looks in the morning. It is silkier and smooth and I don't get bedhead. I use my usual method of re-styling to give it some volume and finish. Now I don't have to resort to ponytails or buns unless I am having a lazy morning.

I read about using silk pillows-- that they help your hair not get tangled while you are sleeping, and it helps your skin (you don't get wrinkles because your skin doesn't get smooshed on something, it slides). This has really helped my hair and my skin. I use two pillows, so I only use my satin/silk pillow on the top. The only problem is that they were a little expensive, and the pillow does slide around a little because the pillowcase is slick.

on 9/25/2008 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Last year I started to notice my left smile line getting deeper. This irked me no end because I sleep on my left which is probably why it was deepening. After various failed attempts to sleep on my back and on my right, I decided to try something I remember hearing my aunt talk about: a silk-satin pillowcase. And what a difference it made!

My smile lines (left -and- right) have been gradually improving, my sensitive skin is less irritated from being rubbed on a cotton pillow case, and most surprisingly my hair retains its bounce and shine, I haven't woken up with a bad hair day since!

I actually made the pillowcase myself. I bought a metre of beautiful thick silk satin and made it into pillowcase. I found that this way I was sure I was getting a good quality silk pillowcase at a fraction of the cost it would've been sold at.

I've taken off a lippy because the pillowcase, being silk-satin, is a hassle to clean.

Will definitely repurchase this has been my best beauty find in years!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools