October 30, 2014 | 1604 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Dare You - Cremesheen

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I just got a second tube so I don't run out. I like this lipstick alot the formula is smooth and creamy and applies good with one stroke it is a deep shimmery shiny burgandy and its nice it is like MAC diva but in a cremesheen formula they are the same color I wear this with loreal true burgandy liner and it is a nice match I also tried on party line and they are very similar so I just bought two of the dare you but try it the shine it gives is really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great vampy winter red.

Im not the biggest fan of creamsheen formula but with the colour and staying power of this lipstick I can forgive it.

This shade doesn't get the attention that it deserves

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Leeopeth444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first mac lipstick. I looked for a dark red lipstip and this one was the darkest red there (I wanted more red) but when I tried it on I absolutely loved it! Lasts for hours, especially when I put mac's lip prep + prime underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Winterwise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC red lipstick, hands down. It's a dark carnelian red shade, with a subtle dusting of gold and ruby shimmer. You'll have to look hard to see the shimmer in the tube, but on the lips it adds an extra dimension of interest that creme formulas can lack.

The cremesheen formula isn't my favorite, but it really works for this shade, adding a luxurious gleaming finish to an already rich color, as well as one-coat coverage. Dare You's shimmer is refined and satiny, not sparkly, and the color wears away pretty evenly over the course of a day. I found that I had to reapply after about three hours to keep my lips feeling moisturized, but the color itself still looked great.

I'd recommend Dare You if you're looking for a darker red that isn't blue based, but still brings some vampish drama. It might also be worth a look if you're a fan of Chanel's glossimer in "Spark," but want the color of that gloss as it appears in the bottle instead of sheer. Over all, a red lipstick from MAC that deserves a lot more love and attention.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by periwinkle92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first red lipstick! My skin tone is somewhere between NC45 and I guess NC50 in MAC. I wanted something special for my 21st birthday and I fell in love with this red. It is not too in your face. It is a deeper darker red that I think would suit many darker skin tones It just looks so perfect on. I was surprised that is wasn't super expensive either. I actually like the cremesheen line's look a lot. It looks semi glossy without being sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by dayangmahanij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my very first lipstick from Mac. It is wearable and doesn't transfer at all. It looks good on my asian skin. It stays long on my lips but can't beat my Russian Red matte lipstick. Sometimes I dab it on my lips and layer it with my soft pink lipstick from clinique chubby stick in curvy candy for rosy colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Ashlyn13

I have both russian red and ruby woo, but dare you is the red lippie I reach for the most. This is a very wearable red, not as dark as russian red, not as in your face as ruby woo. I love the texture, granted it is a bit drier than other cremesheens, but the wear is so much longer.
It is a darkish red with a slight sheen that is beautiful as a stain or as a full on color. This is probably one of the most overlooked red lippie in the mac permanent line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by yfiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this lipstick through B2M ,surprisingly wearable red lipstick ,feels creamy, moisturizing ,very easy to apply and non drying.

its a red with a slight brown undertone, really a stunning red .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by jesssimae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a really great lipstick. its my first from MAC, and its a great example of the quality from the brand, its easy to apply, very pigmented and full coverage without being heavy or uncomfortable. its actually an easier red to wear because of the golden flecks. i recommended :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to MAC looking for a red lipstick that I can wear in a more casual context (than Russian Red for example) and decided on Dare You. it's a gorgeous darker red and i think can be worn casually or for a night out. will buy again when i run out