October 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Liquid - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Cover Smooth Foundation in Bare (852)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is good...not great. While this isn't an HG product for me, I would totally use it over anything Covergirl has put out, and most Maybelline foundations as well (with the exception of Dream Matte Mousse). The color range for this is a little lackluster, it doesn't seem to include enough shades. I bought the fairest shade, it might be a little too fair, even on my winter skin. I will still use it though, with a mix of a darker Revlon (my HG)Colorstay. I would say the coverage is Medium at best, it does a fair job of covering most flaws. It does take a while to dry once applied. It sets nicely with a powder, but the matte finish only lasts about 3-4 hours on my skin. I can't be entirely let down about this product because of the price. I would recommend, especially to my friends who are fortunate enough to have less oily skin than myself.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Looks good on (decent coverage, matte), BUT broke me out in all sorts of bumps. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation, now it is not my very favorite because I do like quite a bit of coverage in my foundation. I do have a problem finding foundation for my skin tone, it is very fair with a very yellow tone. Bare (the lightest color) will actually not turn me orange, as it is very fair. So, even though it is not my very favorite foundation, I would buy it again when my skin is fair.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by LRKG1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not bad. I just purchased it because I got it for 1.50 (50% off with another item at cvs).

The color is fine, it's matte, fairly decent coverage. A little bit of a scent, which is ok, not gross or lovely.

I just hate these glass bottles, especially without a pump. It's just not a practical design in my opinion. I don't care about a beautiful package, gold trim etc. I just want something that won't bust in my bag.

Worth a shot for $1.50. I feel like all of these products are very much trial and error and marketing. I buy a mix of cheap and higher quality. Who can resist a little cvs treat when you pick up a prescription?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Raeyi

EDIT: Will not re-purchase or use. It breaks me out. Will remove my review later. And a pump bottle would be better.

Who would have thought that a $3 foundation would be my HG foundation? It's fairly sheer, unlike what the name would have you believe, but it makes my skin look very natural and helps cut down on the redness, which is what I wanted. :)

I got this in Bare, their lightest shade, and it's a perfect match for my skin. It doesn't disguise dark under eye circles very well, but I don't mind buying concealer for that.

There is a smell, but I personally don't mind it; I'd suggest buying from a store that will let you return makeup. This foundation will however make my cosmetic bag smell, so I try to keep this foundation separated from the rest of my makeup.

I say try this, for $3 you get 1 once of foundation, and since you don't really need to use much if you apply with your fingers (a sponge gives really sheer coverage), it will last a while. If you have to replace it before you use it all up, the price is very reasonable.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No