November 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Lips - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Wildflower Lip Palette

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I feel the same way as the previous reviewer- the colors looked so beautiful and vivid in the Sephora photo and so I was expecting real rich color, excellent texture, etc. I planned on putting this in my makeup bag that I tote around in my handbag and so even got a little retractable lip brush from sephora to avoid mucking up the palette. However the colors were beautiful in person but so sheer I could hardly see them. I tried the pink shade in the top far right, and I couldn't tell the difference between my lips and the color which, sheerness aside, is not really ideal for a makeup investment, speaking personally. The packaging is very pretty, as noted by everyone but the product for me was not worth the money. I repackaged the compact and am sending it back to Sephora. Better luck next time...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

While the colors look beautiful in the pan..they're fairly unimpressive when worn...all of them, both the glosses and the lipsticks are sheer, with the only difference being that the lipsticks show up a bit better. The glosses don't feel or look like glosses..and everything has this strange smell that i can't quite put my finger on...
I'm not particularly impressed by the colors either...though rumi joon is quite a pretty nudish color..and radiance would be pretty if it had more a glossy feel and sheen...unfortunately...I don't like the texture of the lipstick much...it has this strange somewhat oily and finely gritty feeling to me...and yet despite the slightly oily feeling...it feels slightly drying and makes my lips itch a little...
Also for 435, i kinda expected a palette that would be a bit bigger than the credit card sized thing it came in...cute, but it looks as if i'd go trough it in less than a month. It's going back to sephora, sadly