Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyl Stearate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Stearyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Fragrance, Behenic Acid, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Limonene. [ /- May Contain: Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc

on 3/5/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love - my holy grail lipstick. I wear #2 i think... it's a nude. Packaging is faultless of course. It's creamy, intensely pigmented and has a stunning finish. Even on my super dry and flakey lips it looks great.
Only two problems. 1) it costs $55 in Australia. Not cool but just worth it. 2) it lasts like half an hour tops. But i guess it's so beautiful i don't mind reapplying. ..

on 2/12/2015 1:36:00 PM

The most incredible lipstick formula I've ever come across. It's definitely worth the high price- it goes on so smoothly and opaque. No. 3 Ultimate Beige is my personal favorite, it's the ideal MLBB shade. Also, these smell like mango and have gorgeous packaging! I love everything about these lipsticks.

on 1/18/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like nothing I've ever worn before. The absolute BEST creamy formula, beautiful classic colors, and the packaging is like a piece of jewelry. So worth the $35+ (sounds ridiculous until you try it)

on 12/29/2014 10:39:00 AM

hallo

on 12/29/2014 9:58:00 AM

Super glossy and moisturising with a fruity smell, love the packaging of course.
I have this in #6 pink in devotion

on 1/12/2014 1:04:00 PM

Beautiful packaging , lots of colours, very pigmentated but doesn't last at all on my lips. The formula is very creamy and feels very wet on my lips. I'm a matt lippy girl all the way.

Yves Saint Laurent Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick is a feathery lightweight yet pigmented lipstick. I first tried this lipstick in shade fetish pink in 2009 ( 5 years ago from today) Which i did end up returning thinking that the staying power of this lipstick did not live up to my standards. I really thought the Yves Saint Laurent radiant lipstick was one of the Weirdest lipstick formula ever to be made on the planet. However i recently ran into a lipstick which was similar in consistency (smells very much like Estee Lauder Lipstick) but is called Loreal Colour Caresse lipstick. Now i have come to a point in life where i actually do appreciate this watery feather light color pigmentation. Ever since i came to notice whether it be certain Mac lipstick formula, Wet N Wild, and a few Maybelline lipstick makes my lips feel its been masked with thick paint that suffocates my lips leaving it hopeless and dry eventually wrinkling it up to a level where its desperately begging for Eos Lipbalm or better yet a switch to a more hydrating lipstick. I can see both young and mature women happily using Yves Saint Laurent Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick. Overall the price you are paying for is the unique one of a kind elegant / exquisite lipstick tube with a watery non drying Hydrating lip color. I think it does appeal to all lipstick fanatic collectors out there. It really is a luxury piece of artwork. So I had decided to give it another shot with a new shade choice of Ultimate Beige.

on 10/19/2013 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have 3)ultimate beige 9)pink caress 11)rose culte 15)extreme coral 17)red muse 29) opera rose. I love all of them! Packaging wise this is the best lipstick I own. The quality of this lipstick is creamy and pigmented. It is quite expensive for a lipstick but I think its worth it. I have Nc42 skin and except opera rose all the above colours suit my skin tone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Rouge Voluptes are my favorite lipsticks...EVER.
The reason? Simple: the formula.
These lipsticks are undeniably the richest, creamiest lipsticks that have ever touched my lips--and I've tried a ton. A swipe of this lipstick just feels so luxurious and heavenly when it glides across my lips, delivering rich, fully opaque color and a lovely satin-to-glossy finish. It was love at first swipe! YSL wasn't kidding with the pigments in these--there's almost too much pigmentation! Definitely not for the natural or color-shy.
The added SPF 15 is a nice bonus, and I really like how none of the shades have shimmer in them. I hate shimmery lips!
These are mildly scented with a subtly sweet fruity fragrance. It eventually wears away after a while, but it's not very noticeable to me anyway.
I'm not sure why some people here are saying that they don't last long, because they do--on me, at least. I can apply it once in the morning and not have to worry about it fading, forming patches, or drying out my lips all day.
They're fairly moisturizing, but it might not wear very well on those with chapped lips. You can wear it on top of lip balm, but from my personal experience this lipstick just wipes off the lip balm during application. I recommend you exfoliate your lips then heavily apply lip balm/Vaseline at night instead, then in the morning your lips will be nicely moisturized and lipstick-ready.
One of the more notable aspects of this lipstick is its packaging. The tube is absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful. I can't help but stare at it before I apply it! It's undoubtedly the best lipstick in terms of aesthetics (yes, it even beats Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, and Tom Ford, IMO)--it makes all my MAC lipsticks look like they came from the dollar store! In fact, its packaging was the reason why I initially purchased it.
I have 5 out of the 30 available shades: 1 Nude Beige, 3 Beige Ultimate, 9 Caress Pink, 13 Peach Passion, and 29 Opera Rose. #13 was my first purchase, then after my inability to avoid my undeniable obssession for these after a 5-month abstinence of purchasing any more, I finally broke down and bought the other 4 shades in a YSL haul (yes, I ignored the huge dent in my wallet post-haul). For reference, I'm NC35 and #1 and #13 sort of wash me out, but I can blot it and it's fine.
I would totally own all of them by now if it weren't for the steep price! At $34 each, it's not cheap. I recommend you do research and try on the shades in-stores before deciding on anything. Just FYI, though, Sephora only has about 80% of the shades. Go to Nordstrom for a better shade selection, or buy it from the YSL website. I bought some of mine from Sephora (for Beauty Insider points, lol) then the ones that weren't available there from Nordstrom.
Would I repurchase? Yes!

on 4/2/2012 2:58:00 PM

Beautiful packaging, but that's about it. I got 26 tender peach, which was a nice peachy nude color on me. I usually have hard time finding nude colors (NC30, very full lips). However, it settled into lines on my lips and just didn't look good, and overtime I just thought this looked to pale on me. This would probably suit lighter skintones better. The consistency is very watery which I found interesting in a lipstick.. The only redeeming factor is that perhaps the other darker lipstick colors would be nice from this line, however I have yet to try.

Popular Lipsticks