July 26, 2014 | 942 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Lingerie Pink 007

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AleRF

This is my favorite lipstick of all time, now my review might be a little too subjective due to that but it is really a beautiful, beautiful lipstick. It might be harder to pull off for shades above nc 35 i would say tho. The color is a milky, pale rosy, baby pink but is not harsh as some baby pink shades can be. It has a soft vintage look to it although it is pretty much a bright color. Texture is divine, soft creamy and highly pigmented, a little goes a long way with the rouge voluptes. It applies very easy and you need just a little product on the lips for opaqueness, if you do put too much tho it can and will look bad just because the texture is so creamy, you lips might look like whip cream with this shade! Dont put too much, you only need a small amount anyway. Personally i adore it and i will forever repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Beautiful color just not for me. This pulled too pastel on me and looked bad with the creamy consistency. I wanted to love this shade but I had to return it. Beautiful packaging too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is Rougue Volupte #7 for reference.
Reference point: Tan skin, NARS Barcelona/Syracuse, MAC 35ish, Armani #7.

This lipstick is a GEM... I can't believe how beautiful it is. I've seen people compare it to MAC St Germain and Snob but in my opinion neither of these compare to Lingerie Pink. On me, the MAC lipstick lack the sophistication and subtlety YSL has - in fact they look rather garish and cheap.

The texture is heavenly - one of my favorite lipstick formulas (along with Tom Ford). Beats Chanel and other high end brands by a long shot. By far, one of the most moisturizing lipsticks in the market. My lips actually look and feel better after wearing this - moisturized! It glides on easily and smoothly without having to prime my lips with chapstick before.

I would describe the color as a pale pink. It goes on opaque and the finish is the perfect in between of matte and glossy. I haven't felt the need to apply lipgloss over it because I find the big of gloss the lipstick leaves enough. It looks equally lovely with a smokey eye or a simple daytime eye.

I can understand how it would wash out certain people, especially pale skin. I have platinum blonde hair and tan skin, and on me it brings out a glow in my complexion and makes my teeth look whiter.

Plus for the packaging - it's beautiful.

Try it out at the YSL counter. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks, and Lingerie Pink is the perfect innocent, light pink. It glides on with ease (looks even better over lip balm) and feels both sophisticated and light. I love the rich pigmentation of these lipsticks. What you see in the tube is what you get on your lips. It's void of any tacky frost/shimmer/glitter garbage, making it more luxe. Hands-down my favorite pink. And the gorgeous case is just a fabulous bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sofibecca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite baby pink lipstick. It is very creamy, smooth, and opaque in color. It is very pigmented, i can get full color by just dabbing a little on my lips. the smell is wonderful, it's like guava and mango. many people complain about the lasting power but I think its average and I like how it leaves a stain on my lips after it fades. The color is actually very wearable because its not too cool toned. It's just a creamy baby pink, no frost, no over the top barbie look. very pretty! i'm on my second tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by RedLipArtist

This is my new favorite lipstick brand and color! I have bought all the pinks and reds from the rouge volupte collection. I am now on my second tube of "Lingerie Pink" i am a bleach and regular blonde mix, so the pink lipstick ties my whole look together! I am truly obsessed. Its a little bit of a wet texture so your lips wont get dry, but this is not a LONG lasting lipstick. You will have to reapply after coffee or eating

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by sirena1854

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loooove this!
The quality of this lipstick is superb. It actually heals my lips, that are always dry and often chapped. I have other Chanel lipsticks, and they were my favourites before discovering YSL. Chanel actually dehydrates my lips, while this is hydrating, soft, smooth... a dream come true!
I bought this with my boyfriend as I was looking for a very pale, glamourous, and oh-so-pink lipstick. I tried on my hand maybe 30 different brands and colors, and this is the best. I have veeeeery pale skin and very dark hair so I thought this color would be perfect on me. Well it's a difficult nuance to wear. First of all, you need a perfect flawless skin (or a very good foundation) otherwise this will underline all your defects and make you look like Corpse Bride. Then, you need perfect white teeths otherwise they will look yellow (and my teeths are very nice!) ... it makes me insecure, actually!I have to work with it, mixing it with other colors ... I will buy again, but in the lovely red nuance (I don't remember the name).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this is just mediocre for the price. The color is gorgeous, but frost pink lipsticks are a dime a dozen, I expect a $35 .14 ounce lipstick to have tremendous lasting power. This does not. Though I do have to admit the lipstick case is gorgeous, it just speaks luxury, power, status. If I repurchase I'll keep it in a separate travel bag in my closet and only put it in my make up bag when I need to impress somebody....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

The ysl Lippies are worth every penny. ~They look good perform good and suit all skin tones. Lingerie pink is a sexy baby but not barbie pink. It glides on and lasts around 4/5 hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by PrintesaBlonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love pink lipsticks and have gone through many "lip shade phases" in the past year,there was the MAC Saint Germain phase which is an amazing bubblegum pastel pink however it simply wasn't suitable for doing the weekly shop and other mundane things (and even if they are mundane things I have to look good!) I started using the Rouge Volupte in Lingerie Pink around a few weeks ago and its one of those shades that just transforms your look without looking like you have overdone it,I was worried that this would look to pale and milky on my lips but as the formula is so luxurious with a dense pigment it just looks amazing,a soft subtle natural pink,I wear it with a touch of Lancome Doll Eyes Mascara and fresh moisturised skin and im good to go. What makes this even better is that House Of Fraser is selling all the Rouge Volupte Lipsticks with 30% off so I got this on the cheap and am rushing out today to stock up! I cant recommend enough!