August 21, 2014 | 1779 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - Bio-Performance Super Restoring Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I recieved a huge sample size of this cream as a promotion so I can't comment on the price.

It feels very moisturizing when on, and very emmoilent which is something that I need on my dry patches! I can still feel this on my skin when I wake up in a morning. However, the fragrance really bothers me for some reason and I haven't seen a difference in my skin despite using for quite a while.

I wouldn't buy a full size of this cream especially since I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever and the jar packaging is very problematic for me. I have no doubt that people with very dry skin woud get a lot of benefit from this cream, but it doesn't do much for me overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

From the product insert:

Description:
A powerful time-fighting cream that brings an advanced solution against the forces that affect facial skin, such as loss of resilience and the appearance of wrinkles. With innovative technology that helps optimize skin's natural power, this cream gives skin a youthful-looking firmness while reducing the visibility of wrinkles.

Formulated with Rose Apple Leaf Extract to protect skin from harmful environmental aggressors and maintain youthful looking skin.
Super Bio-Hyaluronic Acid N supplies a high level of moisture which helps maintain a positive cycle in the skin.

That's nice, right? Ok, I don't know what the extracts and things do, but I do know that hyaluronic acid is super moisturising and this product is NO JOKE.

It's thick, it's rich, it does not smell offensive and a little goes a long way. I find that it's easier to spread on a damp face than dry and that it does EVERYTHING it promises. My skin (acne/sensitive/aging) is firm, smooth, plump. I have been using this at night instead of day because there is no sunscreen in it. I apply it over my Skinceuticals RAM product which is somewhat drying, so I let the RAM sink in, spray lightly with Evian and then apply the cream. Makes my skin feel like baby skin. $99.00 a jar but I'm convinced that this cream is so unique and rich it might just be worth it.

NOTE: It seems Shiseido changed the formulation of this product so that it no longer helps with acne scarring. It also works differently on fine lines and wrinkles than the original version. I dislike it when cosmetic companies do this sort of thing and do not explain the changes and how they may change in performance.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by zuzukuzu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I should say before i bought this product, I had doubts. Because I feel like I am little young to use this. I have only fine lines. But I have super sensitive, oily combination skin. Its really difficult to find products for me. Most of the anti agings are heavy, always makes me itchy. somehow this was like a miracle!

Ok let me start from beginning. Whenever I put this cream it was like I have botox. All my fine lines were gone! I am SERIOUS! I also used on my hands, omg so good! Same affect! I almost finish the bottle and unfortunately it lost the miracle! no more botox effect. Just normal cream :(

I like trying new stuffs so yesterday I went to counter and tried future lx. Same think it was the miracle! :) but i know it will be gone so I prefer to get this one instead of $230 for future lx!

It has been 6 months so its worth of money when compare with the same line brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An extremely rich cream from Shiseido. Very thick and difficult to apply to my face. As some other reviewers have said, using the La Mer technique, the cream needs to melt first before you apply it, it's that rich.
Once I have applied it to my skin, all's good, but it takes time and patience. I can't just gently and luxuriously massage it into my skin. I use Shiseido's Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream and also their Benefiance Unwrinkle 24 Night Cream without any problem. I enjoy applying those. I did get a windburn and applied this and it did make my skin feel very, very good afterwards. So as an emollient type that has a more healing effect it might be good, but I cannot justify the expense for that.
The claims about firmness, resilience and wrinkles I feel are covered in their other creams, so I'm not worried about missing something by not using this one. Hyaluronic Acid is also in this product as well as the other creams I use, so again, not worried that I'm missing something. Their moisturizers have always kept my skin super hydrated, firm and with a perfect dewy look. This one does too.
Interesting to me that it comes in a plastic jar versus some of their products packaged in the heavy glass jar. I guess since the price of this one is 95 bucks they cut back on glass instead. Still arrives with the infamous little plastic Shiseido scoop to minimize bacteria in the jar . That's always good to keep your product sanitary.
The product contains Rose Apple Leaf Extract which they say is good to "fight environmental aggressors". Interestingly enough, Rose Apple Leaf Extract has been tested for skin diseases. So it can't hurt you as an antioxidant ingredient.
Would I repurchase? This one jar will last me forever, it's so thick. But I much prefer the Revitalizing Cream, so no. But if you like super thick creams, go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This large sample was well worth the 100 Sephora points! I have been using it for two weeks now (every night and most mornings) and my skin just loves this stuff. I have very dry skin, but despite that most moisturizers don't absorb well and/or break me out. Well my skin absorbs this stuff like a dream, and my acne, redness, and overall skin irritation has improved. I don't find it too thick at all, I just pat my finger pad in the product and rub it into my face in sections (5-6 total pats), and within a minute of application the product is absorbed and my skin feels more soft, plump, and hydrated. I also use what's left on my finger pads on my lips, which has softened them as well. I will repurchase the full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I love Shiseido coz I always get results from their products. This cream is the new addition to my faves. I used a 1.5 ml sachet sample & it's amazing that I saw difference on my skin with only little product. I have oily t-zone and living the tropical climate, so I only used this at night. I super love the result after I wash my face in the morning, it really plumps the skin like I had all the rest and sleep in the world! My pores were smaller too even though this is a thick cream. It's like my oily skin suddenly liked a super rich cream this time, that my skin was actually became less oily. This cream made me realize that I should slow down on slathering oil-control products. Anyways, I didn't have absorption problems here, like I said, I live in the tropics and I didn't have to warm this cream up to make it sink into my skin. I WILL surely purchase a full size jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had received this product as a sample at the Shiseido counter. On the first application, the cream was thick and felt a tad greasy on my face. The texture reminded me of La Mer. But after a few days of use, my skin started to break out. Thank goodness, I did not buy the full sized product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lisegolightly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this super-rich dream cream!!! It's winter in Ohio, and this is the best night cream. Unlike many, this is still on my face in the morning, my skin soft and supple. Yum!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this cream for about one month and so far so good.
My skin tone in evening out and my pores are much less apparent.
I am accompanying this with Shiseido's creamy foaming cleanser...which is another wonderful product, FYI.
This cream offers a very luxe sensory experience.
A quality that I feel is just as important as my pore size.
It has a light, fresh fragrance and a very rich texture.
Applying this can be tricky. At first I took a pea size of product and rubbed into onto my face. I found that this left me with a velvety feeling film that would not soak in.
Then I decided to use the La Mer technique.
Put the cream between the palms of your hands and rub until the cream feels liquified. Then press with your palms into the skin.
Perfect! It was suddenly very light weight and my skin drank it up.
I'm unsure of I will buy this again. There are so many other moisturizers that I'd like to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I normally use Shiseido's Bio-Performance Super Revitalizer Cream which I love and have loved for a long time now. It's great for extreme moisture and softness. I decided since this was a newer formula more targeted towards anti-ageing and firming/wrinkle reduction, I thought it would be a good idea, being as I am in my mid thirties (OMG I never thought I'd be saying these words). Anyway! It's kind of like my lovely Super Revitalizer Cream but the texture is somewat richer. If I had to use my previous cream, I would absolutely have no problem with that- I love it. I am interested to see if this does any better at reducing the signs of aging- Will report back. This comes in the same type of glass jar, and it also comes with a nice little "spoon" so you don't have to stick your fingers in it ;) The smell is wonderfully pleasant, just like the previous. I love it already. It is slightly higher priced than the super revitalizer cream...

UPDATE- I think I'm going back to the Super Revitalizing Cream... It is so much easier to work with, it melts into my skin so much better/easier, this one is VERY thick and is hard to get to emulsify into your skin. Just like the review above mine, it's consistency reminded me of La Mer, which I didn't like, and La Mer has to be emulsified between your fingertips before applying... Thats exactly what this cream is like. I found that even when I used that "La Mer technique", it was still so darn rich and hard to press into my skin. I opened a jar of Super Revitalizer right after finishing this one, and I immediately realized that I preferred the old one. This is good, but it may be too thick/rich for a lot of people. I'm super dry, and it's still too much for me, I think.. After using this for a whole jar (3-4 months maybe?) I didn't see any difference than when I use the previous.