Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Restoring Cream

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-40 Stearate, Erythritol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mortierella Oil, Sodium Polygamma-Glutamate, Thiotaurine, Ectoin, Saccharomyces Ferment Lysate Filtrate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Behenyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Dimethylacrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Crosspolymer, PEG-30 Soy Sterol, Silica, Alumina, Trisodium EDTA, Sorbitan Tristearate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Potassium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 5/1/2015 2:55:00 AM

I used the sibling revitalizing cream in the past, which I love. In my opinion, comparing to that one, the restoring cream is richer, thicker, more expensive, with a worst oldish smell, but surprisingly less acne-prone on my skin. At the beginning, it smelt so "off", felt so rich and was experiencing no real immediate results, that I was considering of giving it to my mum, who used it last year and worked well for her. However, I kept using it and gave it a "longer" shot... I'm glad I did!!! This restoring cream leaves my skin extremely soft, softer than ever, like baby skin, and smooths out my complexion. I used it day and night; at a.m., I was applying my 50+ SPF sunscreen after this restoring cream, but I realized I was tanning...(weird, right?), so I stopped using it in the mornings, as I suspected this cream was building such a thick barrier on my face that did not allow my sunscreen to penetrate my skin. However, my skin looked gorgeous, pimple- and wrinkle-free, a bit like if I was under botox and hyaluronic acid injections (although no cream compares to those cosmetic medicine treatments, of course!). After 2 months of regular BID use of this restoring cream, my nasolabial and nasojugal folds and my emerging jowls appeared diminished and the quality of my skin was everyday softer and softer, better and better. Whenever I changed and used another cream, I immediately felt my skin was less smooth. However, the weather here is getting too warm to keep using such a rich cream, which in the morning may become like a too thick uncomfortable "permanent mask cream". What should you buy, the revitalizing or the restoring cream? Let's see if I my help on that: If you have dry skin, want to prevent aging and have the money for it, I'd recommend to try it for few months, as results won't appear immediately. If you have young oily skin, you may avoid this one as it could be too rich, although you may be lucky as me and feel that this rich cream is surprisingly not acne-prone at all, as it contained "good not-clogging oils" that your skin naturally needs, and actually leaves your skin velvety matt with no shine (contrary to other Shiseido creams, which leave some shine). To sum up, as I have combo skin, I feel this restoring cream is more appropriate for older women with naturally dryer skin, 50's and above, so I'll use the revitalizing cream in the mornings and the restoring cream at night in the winter, and only the revitalizing cream or even a less rich or gel moisturizer in the summer. I wish this cream was cheaper and was marketed not in a jar, but in a smaller and more travel-friendly and hygienic tube. As it is hard to spread, before applying it on your skin, you have to use a bigger amount of cream and massage it first with your fingers to dissolve it better... so a jar won't last too long, at least in my experience! Sorry for such a long text, but I kept my promise of reviewing this (see my revitalizing cream review, if you are interested).

on 1/6/2014 10:25:00 AM

I recieved a huge sample size of this cream as a promotion so I can't comment on the price.

It feels very moisturizing when on, and very emmoilent which is something that I need on my dry patches! I can still feel this on my skin when I wake up in a morning. However, the fragrance really bothers me for some reason and I haven't seen a difference in my skin despite using for quite a while.

I wouldn't buy a full size of this cream especially since I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever and the jar packaging is very problematic for me. I have no doubt that people with very dry skin woud get a lot of benefit from this cream, but it doesn't do much for me overall.

on 10/7/2013 10:39:00 PM

From the product insert:

Description:
A powerful time-fighting cream that brings an advanced solution against the forces that affect facial skin, such as loss of resilience and the appearance of wrinkles. With innovative technology that helps optimize skin's natural power, this cream gives skin a youthful-looking firmness while reducing the visibility of wrinkles.

Formulated with Rose Apple Leaf Extract to protect skin from harmful environmental aggressors and maintain youthful looking skin.
Super Bio-Hyaluronic Acid N supplies a high level of moisture which helps maintain a positive cycle in the skin.

That's nice, right? Ok, I don't know what the extracts and things do, but I do know that hyaluronic acid is super moisturising and this product is NO JOKE.

It's thick, it's rich, it does not smell offensive and a little goes a long way. I find that it's easier to spread on a damp face than dry and that it does EVERYTHING it promises. My skin (acne/sensitive/aging) is firm, smooth, plump. I have been using this at night instead of day because there is no sunscreen in it. I apply it over my Skinceuticals RAM product which is somewhat drying, so I let the RAM sink in, spray lightly with Evian and then apply the cream. Makes my skin feel like baby skin. $99.00 a jar but I'm convinced that this cream is so unique and rich it might just be worth it.

NOTE: It seems Shiseido changed the formulation of this product so that it no longer helps with acne scarring. It also works differently on fine lines and wrinkles than the original version. I dislike it when cosmetic companies do this sort of thing and do not explain the changes and how they may change in performance.

on 5/11/2013 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

First of all, I should say before i bought this product, I had doubts. Because I feel like I am little young to use this. I have only fine lines. But I have super sensitive, oily combination skin. Its really difficult to find products for me. Most of the anti agings are heavy, always makes me itchy. somehow this was like a miracle!

Ok let me start from beginning. Whenever I put this cream it was like I have botox. All my fine lines were gone! I am SERIOUS! I also used on my hands, omg so good! Same affect! I almost finish the bottle and unfortunately it lost the miracle! no more botox effect. Just normal cream :(

I like trying new stuffs so yesterday I went to counter and tried future lx. Same think it was the miracle! :) but i know it will be gone so I prefer to get this one instead of $230 for future lx!

It has been 6 months so its worth of money when compare with the same line brands.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

An extremely rich cream from Shiseido. Very thick and difficult to apply to my face. As some other reviewers have said, using the La Mer technique, the cream needs to melt first before you apply it, it's that rich.
Once I have applied it to my skin, all's good, but it takes time and patience. I can't just gently and luxuriously massage it into my skin. I use Shiseido's Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream and also their Benefiance Unwrinkle 24 Night Cream without any problem. I enjoy applying those. I did get a windburn and applied this and it did make my skin feel very, very good afterwards. So as an emollient type that has a more healing effect it might be good, but I cannot justify the expense for that.
The claims about firmness, resilience and wrinkles I feel are covered in their other creams, so I'm not worried about missing something by not using this one. Hyaluronic Acid is also in this product as well as the other creams I use, so again, not worried that I'm missing something. Their moisturizers have always kept my skin super hydrated, firm and with a perfect dewy look. This one does too.
Interesting to me that it comes in a plastic jar versus some of their products packaged in the heavy glass jar. I guess since the price of this one is 95 bucks they cut back on glass instead. Still arrives with the infamous little plastic Shiseido scoop to minimize bacteria in the jar . That's always good to keep your product sanitary.
The product contains Rose Apple Leaf Extract which they say is good to "fight environmental aggressors". Interestingly enough, Rose Apple Leaf Extract has been tested for skin diseases. So it can't hurt you as an antioxidant ingredient.
Would I repurchase? This one jar will last me forever, it's so thick. But I much prefer the Revitalizing Cream, so no. But if you like super thick creams, go for it.

on 4/27/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This large sample was well worth the 100 Sephora points! I have been using it for two weeks now (every night and most mornings) and my skin just loves this stuff. I have very dry skin, but despite that most moisturizers don't absorb well and/or break me out. Well my skin absorbs this stuff like a dream, and my acne, redness, and overall skin irritation has improved. I don't find it too thick at all, I just pat my finger pad in the product and rub it into my face in sections (5-6 total pats), and within a minute of application the product is absorbed and my skin feels more soft, plump, and hydrated. I also use what's left on my finger pads on my lips, which has softened them as well. I will repurchase the full size.

on 3/1/2013 9:50:00 AM

I love Shiseido coz I always get results from their products. This cream is the new addition to my faves. I used a 1.5 ml sachet sample & it's amazing that I saw difference on my skin with only little product. I have oily t-zone and living the tropical climate, so I only used this at night. I super love the result after I wash my face in the morning, it really plumps the skin like I had all the rest and sleep in the world! My pores were smaller too even though this is a thick cream. It's like my oily skin suddenly liked a super rich cream this time, that my skin was actually became less oily. This cream made me realize that I should slow down on slathering oil-control products. Anyways, I didn't have absorption problems here, like I said, I live in the tropics and I didn't have to warm this cream up to make it sink into my skin. I WILL surely purchase a full size jar.

on 1/22/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had received this product as a sample at the Shiseido counter. On the first application, the cream was thick and felt a tad greasy on my face. The texture reminded me of La Mer. But after a few days of use, my skin started to break out. Thank goodness, I did not buy the full sized product.

on 12/23/2012 4:10:00 PM

LOVE this super-rich dream cream!!! It's winter in Ohio, and this is the best night cream. Unlike many, this is still on my face in the morning, my skin soft and supple. Yum!!

on 3/4/2012 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this cream for about one month and so far so good.
My skin tone in evening out and my pores are much less apparent.
I am accompanying this with Shiseido's creamy foaming cleanser...which is another wonderful product, FYI.
This cream offers a very luxe sensory experience.
A quality that I feel is just as important as my pore size.
It has a light, fresh fragrance and a very rich texture.
Applying this can be tricky. At first I took a pea size of product and rubbed into onto my face. I found that this left me with a velvety feeling film that would not soak in.
Then I decided to use the La Mer technique.
Put the cream between the palms of your hands and rub until the cream feels liquified. Then press with your palms into the skin.
Perfect! It was suddenly very light weight and my skin drank it up.
I'm unsure of I will buy this again. There are so many other moisturizers that I'd like to try.

Popular Moisturizers