September 17, 2014 | 475 users online

Makeup Brushes - Maybelline - Expert Tools Angled Definer Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

Ok, so I said I would buy this again, but honestly I don't see myself ever having to repurchase this again. This brush is so inexpensive & yet the quality is so GOOD. I bought my brush in 2002 & have had zero issues with it. No shedding, nothing. It's very versatile, I use it for eye liner, crease, & eyebrows. It is definitely a HG item. If you get this brush I can say from my experience that you should get a good 10 years + use out of it. At least in my experience :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I bought this product while I was at Walgreens because it was 50% off. I was looking for a good angled eyeliner brush so I thought to give this a try. The best part about this is that its short in length, so when you lean in to the mirror, the handle doesn't come in the way. I love the bristles as well because they are soft yet firm enough to let you apply a gel eyeliner. The bristles are perfectly angled to give you a smooth eyeliner with one single stroke. I use this with my Maybelline studio gel liner and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

Great for apply dry eyeshadows as a liner (wet).

I don't remember HOW I got this brush, I think I got this free with a really pretty eyeshadow set that was a brown set with a hint of purple (The Smokes collection).

Anyway, this is maybe a third of the length of a normal brush, but it's great because of that because when you lean in close to a mirror it doesn't get in the way. You actually get a more precise line, and your hand has more motor control.

Let's just say I prefer pencil liners, but with this brush, I can use my Everyday Minerals eyeliners (in a powder form) wet. I get the pigment of a liquid, but the precision of a pencil. It's perfect to achieve that liquid eyeliner look.

If you're the type of person to set a pencil eyeliner or cream eyeliner with an eyeshadow, however, I prefer my Sonia Kashuk angled eye brush better. That one has more natural hairs (I don't know if it's natural hair or not), but it's denser for picking up dry powders.

Anyway, I can see this brush being used for filling in eyebrows too, because it's thin it can mimic your natural eyebrow hairs.

Anyhow, at about $4 (they sell them on their own!), these are perfect and I love their length! If I ever lose this I'll get another!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by FunkPunky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! PERFECT for applying shadow wet for an eyeliner! Wouldn't use any other brush for that purpose! I like how the bristles always stay perfectly in place, and can create a nice thin line. I have had this brush for two years I think, and is still in perfect condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Babycherry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great multi-purpose brush! I use it to fill in my brows with eyebrow powder or eye shadow, define my eye brows and to line the eyes with eye liner gel or eye shadow; it works really well! This is the best brush I having for shaping and defining my eye brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

This is my go to brush whenever apply powder to my brows to darken them. I have the old school one which has a golden handle instead of the silver one nowadays and it has lasted more than 5 years. I must say i never thought it would last this long or give me such great results and it's a multi purpose brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

This used to be called the "Eye Contour Brush" (see reviews under this name) until Maybelline updated and renamed it more accurately. When I first began with gel liners, I didn't like this brush to apply them (although I'd used it for years for dry- and wet-lining with shadows). I much preferred an oval-cut brush for control. Perhaps now that I've gotten used to the cream/gel application, I've picked up this baby for my morning lining. I now find that it's quicker and applies in a more smudgy line than my former brush (actually a Palladio lip brush, which applies liner very accurately in a distinct line) and saves me the task of having to soften the cream/gel line with eye shadow. After loading the brush, I press the length of the bristles at an upward/outward angle at the outer corner of my eye, then line my lid to meet that little tail. It comes out perfectly, a thicker line at the outer corner that disappears 3/4 of the way towards my inner corner. I also use this to tightline (as I'm all about this for women my age and over!). I have about 5 of these brushes, using one for my brow powder (pressed or mmu shadow), one for dry- and wet-lining, one for my cream/gel liners, and a couple for using on others, and I haven't purchased any in at least 6 years! They last and last, and keep their shape. Why pay more? Everyone needs at least one of these.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by behappy08

I use this angled brush to apply clinique cream liner, I have been using it for 3 months. It keeps its shape after washing, its also sturdy. It's not scratchy at all. It gives me a thicker line. A cheap find that I will continue to use. Super easy to use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sfeng

No complaints whatsoever. Cheap. Sturdy. Well constructed. No shedding. I use it every day. It can bear to look a little more interesting, but eh, who really cares.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by byebye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I guess that it'll last for a very long time! If Maybelline changes the packaging, it'll be great! I bought this as a substitution (for the Posh angled liner brush)! Quiet comparable!