November 25, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - TheBalm - Read My Lips lipstick in Classified

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by s2dreamer

I was lemming this nude lipstick sooo bad after reading these reviews and being on a hunt for a flattering nude lipstick. I was psyched when I snapped this up for 50% off at Kit cosmetics! Unfortunately when putting this on I can't see any colour at all, it just blends into my lips. I compared it to Covergirl Trushine nude colour and even that is more pigmented! It feels like a moisturising lipbalm though so I'd probably use that for that purpose. Also the packaging is pretty horrible - I've just swiped mine a few times and the base is already wobbly! I will use this one up but won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by basquette

Update on the review. From a 5 to 3. I have been using this product for a while now, and carrying it in my jacket pocket. So this may be why. But as I picked it up for re-applying yesterday, the lipstick broke off. Ok, I thought, willing to cooperate despite its condition. I tried to put it back into the socket by giving it a small push and the whole thing SMOLDERED between my fingers! It didn't crack or break again - it turned into icky bitsy pieces. So now I have a tube of theBalm Classified in 4 large pieces and a lot of grainy smaller parts. I'm disinclined to throw it away cause I liked it quite alot. But as I did read about this having happened to people before I think I'll rethink buying a new one. I hope you guys have a better experience with it, but theBalm is quite dead in my eyes. A bit melodramatic, but it really is a pretty lipstick =P
---------------------------------------------------------

I bought this product on pure impulse as I was looking for a sheer lipstick and this was said to be a "nude" colour - plus, it was on sale. When I received it I found the colour a bit on the dark side, but the smell of vanilla did seem enticing enough for me to try on. And I am so happy with buying the product!

The texture is just like any lip balm, it is smooth and feels moisturizing after the first application. The colour is subtle, and has a shine to it so it reminds a bit of a lip balm, lip gloss and beautiful, natural lipstick.

I love the packaging as it is so original! with its newpaper print. I can pick it up anywhere and dab a bit on, without seeming like some vanity queen =D

The price is definitely worth it! But it is such a lovely lipstick, I'm not sure how long one application lasts but I keep looking forward to using it again. I'm probably going to keep it around as a lip balm, so it'll run out pretty fast. I've already placed an order for some of the other colours out there and I really can't wait! It must be tried, as I haven't heard any complaints about it yet!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is a beautiful sheer neutral (leaning towards cool) light pinky nude.. Wow that was a mouthful... Anyway the color is lovely. It applies nicely and lasts pretty long considering it is a sheer lipstick. It is also quite moisturizing. There is a faint sweet vanilla-y smell but nothing really off putting, at least to me. I also love the fact that I can put this on without a mirror since it is pretty sheer. The only problem I do have with this lipstick is the packaging. The cardboard news print retro looking tube is cute, but gets banged up easily being in my purse. The bullet also gets wobbly after a few uses which annoys me, so you have to be somewhat careful when applying or you will risk snapping the bullet from the base. You’d think for $17 the packaging would be better??, but I love the color so I will suck it up. If most nude lip colors make you look like death, I highly suggest you check this color out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by biogrrl

Pro's: Beautiful nude color for my PPP complexion. Nudes are usually too brown or orange or pink or opaque for me. This is a beautiful sheer perfect neutral nude color.

It goes on with a nice sheen and is very moisturizing (for at least an hour, even after drinking coffee) without being a sticky gloss. By far, this is the best nude lip color I have *ever* come across.

My first instinct was to stock up on it for fear Sephora stops carrying it.

Con: Only one, but the bullet is a bit soft and the top portion presses against the tube during application (which gouges the lippie a tiny tiny bit).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by new2mac

I purchased this today at sephora when looking for a "nude" lipstick. Now nude is hard to come by because it has to match your skintone without making you look ghostly or dead. the reason I ended up buying Classified is because when tested on my hand it was a light nude that applied sheerly not matte, heavy or creamy. To my pleasant surprise when I got home later and tried it it was all of the above PLUS moisturizing, it feels as if I have a balm underneath the lipstick, on top of matching my skin tone. Classified is a great lipstick for anyone looking for that nude lipstick because it isnt a hevay colour it will blend with your lip colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I rarely wear lipstick or even lip gloss, but for some reason I had a craving for a beautiful nude lipstick that struck the perfect balance between brown and pink. It had to be smooth to apply and look natural, like me only better. I stumbled on that beautiful lipstick at Sephora. It's called Read My Lips and the color is Classified.

This little tube of pure perfect lip nudity is adorable. Like most (if not all) of TheBalm's products, the lipstick is packaged in a stiff cardboard tube that seems plenty sturdy to stand up to even rough treatment and is printed with a newsprint motif. Personally, I love the packaging and like that it's going to be recyclable when I run through it.

But inside is where the real magic is. I really didn't expect this lipstick to be "the one" when I idly picked it up and tested it on my hand at Sephora, but it was perfect. Classified is a beautiful, sheer nude that's perfectly balanced between brown and pink. It goes on solidly enough to give your lips an even tone if you're like me and have areas of redness/dry skin but it's sheer enough that it looks like your lips, only better. It's glossy without being too shiny and feels wonderful on my lips - smooth, soft and just slick enough with no nasty gumminess or tackiness.

I'll definitely be repurchasing this when I run out (I have 2 tubes now, though, so that won't be for quite a while). This is my HG nude lipstick without a doubt, perfect for day, evening or night and can be dressed up or down easily.