July 28, 2014 | 2086 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - Nature's Minerals Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by amdd1004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When you first apply this foundation it gives you a nice glow and it really evens out your skin tone. It gives you a sheer coverage and does not cover dark acne marks, it just neutralizes redness or light discolourations.

I loved it at first because it was so easy to apply and it matched my Asian skin tone but then after about 4 hours at uni, I went to the bathroom and realized my face was shining like never before. Even if I use a mattifying primer or face base, you will still get shiny from this foundation. I do set it with a an oil controlling powder and it still doesn't help and I don't really like the feeling of having to pile on the oil controlling powder as you retouch throughout the day.

I purchased this at a sale so I only paid NZD$16. It's normally much more expensive than that when not on sale. But sale or not, I'm not buying this product again as there are much better products out there for oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I used to love this in colour 01 when my skin is fine. And it was fine with good skin. Buffs well etc etc.

Then my skin got bad, eczema and sensitivity (not from this makeup). That's when the powder sits unevenly on top of my skin. And the colour is actually too dark for me even in 01, so I have to mix it with a whitish powder. The grains are too big causes patches. I don't know... I really don't think it's ever meant for people with problem skin but then again, that's what mineral makeup in general targets.
I still have 4 of them and no idea what to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by ashwathi87

So, i picked up the powder ( Shade 5 ) and kabuki brush on sale .. and on a scale of 1 to 10... the kabuki brush easily gets 9.5/10 and the powder foundation.. i would have to say like a 7/10.. the kabuki brush is a must buy.. its soft.. doesnt irritate your face and applying powder foundation is as easy as 1-2-3!

Initially when i used the powder foundation i wanted to chuck it in the dustbin.. coz i found after a few hours my face looked orangey and it didnt even cover half of my blemishes! :O

So, it stood at the bottom of my make up kit for a really long time .. a lot of people suggested i use primer below and then apply the foundation..but i was reluctant.. so one of these random days i went shopping for makeup coz i thought i might as well treat myself for christmas ( like i need a reason to shop!) .. anyway.. my MUA recommended i try the RED EARTH SILKY HYDRATION CONCEALER ( loveee itttt! one of the best concealers i have used) .. and then apply TBS powder foundation lightly as a finishin powder..and woah ! what a difference that made .. my face looks so polished, blemish free and best part : it looks like your not wearing a mask on ur face! TBS has changed their product offering now.. natures minerals has been discontinued :( and now they have rolled out the EXTRA VIRGIN range.. havent tried that yet .. but the one piece of advise i would give u is this.. ask ur MUA to use the powder foundation on you.. RESIST the temptation to buy it then n there.. coz trust me ur face will look brilliant ! go about your day.. and by the end of the day after runnin around... if ur face still seems all right then go buy it ! i say this coz a friend hates TBS foundation! after 2-3 hours on her skin it just goes bye bye.. so i guess its to each her own ! try it ! :) do give the Red Earth Concealer a try ! a little goes a looooong way !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by MoonKitty

A great loose powder foundation that gives very good coverage, in my opinion. I bought it during a sale when The Body Shop was giving away a free kabuki brush with purchase of this powder (not sure if I would've shelled out the money on it if it weren't for that). Sure, it doesn't have the full-coverage that a matte liquid foundation would offer, but it does even out the skin tone wonderfully, reducing redness and even slightly lightening dark under-eye circles. It's a very natural coverage. While other reviews have said that this product can cause breakouts, I haven't experienced any reaction thus far, and that's great considering how prone I am to acne. So far, I've been using it a few time a week for six months, and it's been quite good to me. I'm also pretty happy that there's only a small handful of ingredients, and the sunscreen-grade Titanium Dioxide provides some extra UV protection (SPF 25). It can get a little cakey if you over-apply, but what loose powder doesn't do that, anyway? Overall, I think this is an awesome loose foundation that you can feel great about wearing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by helloJ

It just didnt work for me. My face was oily after 2 hours; I experienced tightness from it. I've heard so many success stories about it so I went ahead to purchase it but my skin just didnt like it.

I think this is a NO NO for acne-prone skin. It clogs my pores and causes redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

If you have wonderful skin and need some touch ups here and there, this product is for you. If you're like me and the majority of women out there with uneven skin needing medium-to-full coverage, steer clear. I had a $50 gift card to The Body Shop and decided to spend it on their make-up...well, all I have to say is that I wished I bought myself some satsuma orange body wash and yummy lip glosses instead.
---
Long story short: this stuff does NOT cover my skin well and it was a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Argh! I received this thing as a present and this was my first time ever that I was using a powder on my combo, acne prone, dry, big pores, irritated skin!
I thought that if it is mineral , it will work just fine for my type of skin bla bla. The day before I got this as a present, I went to a Body Shop store and an assistant there asked me if I would like to get a bit of make up and I was reluctant at first but then I said ''ok''. She used this foundation on my skin and it was ok, although when I got home, I noticed a bit of clogging but I thought it was from another product, as in my head , a mineral foundation is perfect, it doesn't clog etc.
It sucks. I am sad this didn't work for me. It clogged my skin sooo bad and after few hours my face was already oily. Now I have some pimples also :(.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Nikki1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS MINERAL FOUNDATION!!! FINALLY HG!!
I have been searching exhaustively for a mineral makeup. I have tried: Smashbox Halo, Bare Eccentuals, Korres, Physicians Formula, Almay, Revlon, MAC, Lancomb, Neutrogena and I am sure some others.

This is the only one that does not look cakey. It blends well. I love the little net thing on the jar when you open it. It's just fab. I am on my second jar. I was really shocked because of the lack of positive reviews. But everyone is different. I actually have had very good luck with Body Shop products - even though I don't consider them high end. I have several products in my MU bag that are wonderful from them - the cheek stain is GREAT!! (For another review).

I took one lippie off because it doesn't seem to have the most staying power. But Nothing is perfect. This comes really close in my view.
Do your part to stop human trafficking, give it try!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by fruitloopbabe87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WARNING: DO NOT buy this product if you have blemished/acne prone/"bad" skin.

BECAUSE: a) it will not be very effective to cover blemishes b) it will make your skin worse

BEFORE: I bought this foundation when I started to use foundation, so back when I was 17. I hadn't polluted my skin with chemicals before that so my skin was amazing and flawless. This foundation added some glowy ooompf to it and it was great!

AFTER: Now that I HAVE polluted my skin with makeup (TIP: the best skin advice is to wash off all makeup as soon as you can - I've learnt this the hard way!) I use it over a creme foundation and its lovely.

How to use:
- do NOT overuse this. Follow the instructions in the little leaflet and actually tap your minerals brush so minimal product is used.
- If you do try to use it rushed, the above will happen, creating a gross, cake-faced look. Not hot.
- Don't wear it for more than 8/9 hours. Wash it off as soon as you get home.

Side Notes
- they stopped making my colours here in Australia (usual problem for dark skinned girls!) I buy mine off eBay.
- the shop sold it for like $50ish and I got mine for $20. eBay it people!!

Hope this helped :) xo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by estherellen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awful. Doesn't blend.