October 22, 2014 | 1856 users online

Powders - Corn Silk powder in Classic Translucent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I always used to use pressed powder. My mom kept encouraging me to use loose powder instead. But I always resisted. But a few months ago, I finally gave loose powder a try. I will never go back to pressed powder. I don't remember where I bought this, but I think it was at Walmart. I originally gave this to my mom. But she never used it and gave it back to me.

I really like the powder a lot. It is very finely ground. Much finer than the Cover Girl Loose powder I was using before. It also has a slight shimmer to it. But you don't even notice the shimmer once it's on your face. I also like that it's translucent and completely colorless. I hate the puffs that come with loose powder. So I use a brush from Clinique to apply it. It is super easy to apply and looks great. I think powder over foundation gives you a more polished, finished look. But you don't need a ton to get the job done. I use just a very light dusting. I dip my brush in the powder, tap off the excess, and brush it on my face. This powder looks amazing over my MAC Studio Fix foundation.

I definitely like this loose powder better than the Cover Girl Loose Powder I was using previously. I don't remember what I paid for this powder, but I think it was around $6. The jar lasts a really long time. Definitely a lot longer than a loose powder compact. I would definitely recommend this powder and will definitely purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I do not like this powder much at all. I was so excited to try it out due to the glowing reviews...and after spending nearly 8 for it, I must admit I was expecting quite a lot!

The colour is fine for me; I'm an NC30-35 and it doesn't leave a white cast or anything. It smells very fragranced. I'm fond of the smell but I think the fragrance is not nessecary. Packaging is ok, it feels a little cheap and sometimes is a pain to open but oh well.

What I really don't like is the fact that this does not control oil AT ALL. In fact, I think this makes me oily. I have normal skin which only really tends to get oily on my nose or occasionally the whole t-zone in summer...needless to say, I don't usually look like an oil-slick. However, with this, I find myself looking oily within an hour or two! Just doesn't make sense. I have the talc-free version btw.

Also, the finish this powder gives me is nothing special. Overall, I'm not too happy with it. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by fearless_20

here are some tips for people who are not pale...add some cinnamon to your arrowroot/tapioca/corn flour/ rice powder....any one of these thin fine powders can be applied on either sun screen, moisturizer or foundation to keep your skin oil free and matte...by adding cinnamon and turmeric your adding a pinch of color...both are anti septic as well and anti bacterial so its good for your skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the press powder. A simple powder with a hint of fragrance. Very nice powder case which probably the best from all the drug store makeups. Fine milled powder, not very oil absorbing and the oil breaks through after two hours in a cool weather. The powder gives more coverage than Maybelline matte press powder. However, It made my pore looked bigger after the oil broke through. The full price is around $6.00. I start to like this one now and it does give a very natural finish (the best finish from all the products I have tried including department brand to the drug store brand). I also think that Cornsilk stopped making this powder now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Heenah

I have been using the pressed powder for about a year or two and I cant see myself without it!! It leaves my skin looking sheer and flawless. The only downside is that i find myself re-applying this to my t-zone quite alot throughout the day. The sponge that comes with it isn't that great as it never lasts me as long as the powder lasts, so its wise to buy a good quality sponge for pressed powder as you purchase this. Apart from that it is a great product to buy (especially in the summer when liquid foundation can be a BIG problem for some). It will last you a long while so its definitely worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a keeper. It's the perfect powder to dust on top of your foundation to set it and keep the shine down. Like others said, it lasts an eternity. I've had the same compact for about 2 years now and still have plenty left. If you have good skin and want a natural look, all it takes is a few swipes of this with a kabuki brush and you're good to go. If you have dry skin this product won't work well for you, it'll most likely settle patchy and look a bit chalky.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by golickaclown

I won't repurchase because I won't run out, but mainly because this isn't the FAVORITE of my powders. If I'm having a slightly darker day I use this-I'm very pale. I prefer Palladio's rice powder or the powder that Mistique has to this. You do get a TON for your money, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by mel2

Really like this, don't think u can get it where I live nemore tho! got it 4 bout 3.00 in bodycare. Got the looses powder so luckilly it lasts for ages! Have to start buying it off ebay when I've finished my tub.
Got really greasy skin and this removes the shine and gives my skin a flawless look

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2006 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Digital_Dolls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder. I have oily skin, and corn silk works great. it's the only powder i can find that really stop the crazy greasy shine. it keeps my skin matte, makes my skin feel drier, and i loooove the smell. i don't know what it smells like but it's awesome IMO. i will use this forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Used this in high school because it was recommended for oily skin. It's more corn than silk IMHO. Patchy, ashy and scratchy.