Nivea Gentle Toner for Dry/Sensitive Skin

3.6

Water, Glycerin, PEG 8, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Trisodium EDTA, Polyquaternium 10, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Methylparaben, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Fragrance

on 2/10/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

it's okay but i think i will try another brand when i finish it.

on 12/13/2014 4:34:00 PM

This toner was nice but didn't rock my boat. At least it didn't sting and didn't dry my skin. Not sure I would repurchase. It is not terrible and it worth a try.

This is one of the best toners I've used yet for my currently dry and sensitive skin. Until recently I'd been using Garnier Fresh toner, which I absolutely love. However, my pores were quite clogged (not because of the toner) and I needed something more heavy duty to clear some breakouts so I used Clean and Clear Sensitive for awhile. It unclogged my pores and cleared my breakouts, but left me with horribly dry skin around my nose and on my cheeks. :( I picked this up hoping it would work well in conjunction with my L'Oreal Sublime Soft Soothing Gel-Cream Wash and my L'Oreal Ideal Moisture Dry/Sensitive Cream (Both current HGs!).

And it does! Where Garnier just wasn't replenishing enough to rebalance my skin after the harshness of C&C, Nivea's Gentle Toner was soothing, did not sting, and didn't leave my face feeling tight. It also removes any extra makeup leftover if I use one of my L'Oreal Sublime Soft Soothing Cleansing Wipes (also HG) instead of a cleanser if I'm in a hurry. My skin feels soothed and smooth, with no breakouts. I truly believe the almond oil and calendula are to thank for this. This is a must have product for sensitive skin, or winter skin! And at only $7 CAD you can't lose.

on 2/18/2014 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Not sure how fast you're supposed to see results with this.. but I've stick with it for about a week and a half and nothing much except 2-3 spots on forehead, chin and nose and it's SO unusual for me to have spots at these places.. But the good point is that my face doesn't feel as tight after washing it like it usually do and i can skip the cream if i feel lazy. But I heard that when you start a new product/ routine (first time for me using a toner) it may cause spots but only because it's deep cleansing the skin and it's all coming out. Hopefully it's gonna work better for me soon!

on 7/19/2013 6:31:00 PM

This is very average. Doesn't break me out, makes my skin feel clean and fresh. In reality, it hasn't affected me much. There's really not that much for me to say about it. At times it can feel slightly (and when I say slightly, I mean that it is nothing at all to worry about) stinging. I just love the fact that is makes my skin feel clean and fresh. I feel it kind of completes my makeup-removing routine. Would buy it again, if I could get it on sale or on a deal like I did this time = half price.

It has a typical nivea floral scent. It's very gentle of the skin, and adds a light moisturizer to the skin. I got a bit sick of the scent after using the whole bottle. It's cheap and economical but I probably will move on to try other products.

on 12/9/2011 12:13:00 AM

I got this product in a collection package with a few other Nivea Visage products. I previously had been using Tea Tree Water toner from Lush...but then when I received this I decided to just give it a shot. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm really enjoying it, but lately I've been noticing that my skin is getting a little more red so I'm really hoping that it's not the toner because I really like it. The smell is nice, and it also doesn't dry out my skin at all. If I find out that it isn't the toner that's making my skin more red then I will definitely be buying this product again :)

on 8/9/2011 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

it is a really, really good product.... it doesn't dry my skin out or irritate it, I won't buy it again, because I always try new things out!! However, I might come back to it just because it is a sure thing.....

on 7/18/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm 3/4's through my bottle and I will be buying this again. It doesn't irritate my skin nor turns it bright red. It's gentle and does an excellent job removing any excess makeup my skin cleanser missed. It hasn't made my skin breakout. It makes my face feel a bit sticky afterwards but nothing unbearable. I'm fairly happy with this product!

on 6/3/2011 6:27:00 PM

I'm on the fence about this one. I love how fresh it makes my skin feel, and it does a good job getting rid of excess makeup, oil and leftover cleanser (plus it's pretty cheap, around 5 dollar Canadian), however the smell gets to me. It smells like flowery baby powder. And it's quite strong. This is the first toner I've found though that doesn't irritate my skin. So I will probably repurchase. Until I find something better.