Urban Decay Heist

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/9/2012 10:19:00 PM

I'm very sad that this shade was discontinued, as it was (and still is) the best matte grayish purple eyeshadow I've ever used. I found out it was discontinued after I completely destroyed mine while trying to remove it from the pot so I could put it in a palette. Fortunately, I found one on Amazon, and believe me, I was much more careful about de-potting that second one. This is wonderful in bringing out the green in my hazel eyes, and it blends beautifully. Haven't come across anything comparable.

on 1/22/2012 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I randomly bought this when I was at Sephora about two years ago. I went through a phase where this was the ONLY eye shadow I would wear. I have brown eyes, and it made them stand out unlike any other color I had tried. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued, and I've hit the pan. I wear it by itself all over my lid, softy blended with a light tan shadow into my crease, and black eyeliner and lots of mascara. Makes my eyes look amazing. I doubt I'll look for another one online since I have trouble staying faithful to one eye shadow, but I really do love this color and it's ones I've reached for the most. I love that it's matte and such a unique plummy color. I'll have to look for a dupe. I hate their packaging though- so tacky and reminds me of middle school.

on 8/21/2011 1:50:00 PM

I bought this product when UD was having a sale...I got it for $3.00 and it normally sells for $17.00 so it was a real steal. This shadow is a matte taupy purple shade and it's highly pigmented. I really love the color. I highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a very pretty neutral dusty plum that would look good on just about any eye color, in my opinion. I would compare it to the color family like MAC Scene eyeshadow, but a few shades lighter. You will notice this color, but it is easily blendable - whereas with MAC Scene, I feel like I keep that only for looks where I want a smoky pop of color somewhere. I think this would look gorgeous as a crease color, with either a winged cream or liquid liner and lots of mascara! This is $17 on the Urban Decay website.

I bought this on eBay from England for about $6AUD, which is super cheap! I LOVE the colour - it adds a certain depth to the eye, and isn't too purple. It's great if you want something a but more wild than brown, but don't want to wear a bright colour. It also goes well with other colours, such as browns, greys and blacks, to mix up your eye designs a bit.

on 12/7/2010 7:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I hadn't worn purple eyeshadow since the 80's, so I surprised myself by buying this. It's a beautiful smoky greyed purple, but it doesn't scream 'purple' when applied. It looks like a smoky taupe with maybe just a hint of purple. It works great for creating a smoky eye in my fair skin, but I could see it being beautiful on darker skin tones too. The texture is nice, a little goes a long way, and best of all -- it's matte! I would definitely buy it again, though I'm sure by the time I use this up, this shade will no longer be available.

on 8/28/2010 8:03:00 PM

I own both Heist and Mac "Shale" eyeshadows and they are perfect dupes, except the fact that Shale has more of gold shimmers to it while Heist is pure matte. I can't really say which one is "better" but if you like a little shimmer, get Shale..if you prefer a matte, Heist is probably a better choice.

on 5/6/2010 1:26:00 PM

Absolute HG eyeshadow!!!!! Heist, where have you been all my life??? This is the most fabulous matte eyeshadow I have ever used. The color itself is a mix of grey, taupe, and soft plum. It looks amazing with my blue eyes. The product itself is so incredibly smooth, silky, and blendable. I highly recommend this to everyone - it has replaced my former HG eyeshadow, MAC Shale. I will use this forever and ever - it is the BEST!!!!!!! Bravo to Urban Decay!!!!!!!

on 4/22/2010 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I haven't "road-tested" Heist yet, but I LOVE this color!

Heist is a well-pigmented smooth matte medium-to deep smoky purplish taupe. It goes on darker and smokier than it appears in the compact.

Heist *is* somewhat similar to Cult, another lovely UD matte, but Heist is smokier, a bit deeper, and more gray. Side by side, Cult looks brighter purple, while Heist can do duty as a neutral. Heist is purple enough to really make my bright green eyes pop, but it doesn't scream, "LOOK AT MY PUUUURPLE EYESHADOW!" A great combination is MAC Hypnotizing on the lid, Heist in the crease and on outer corners, and MAC Silver Fog to highlight.This subtly smoky "kind-of-gray-kind-of-purple" design is wonderfully flattering and low-key; the drama comes from my eye color.

If UD ever discontinues Heist, I will be crushed, since this is the color of my dreams, and I haven't seen a similar color elsewhere.

In fact, a backup is not out of the question.

The packaging *is* a little on the corny side, but it's sturdy and serviceable, and certainly makes my UD shadows stand out from my numerious MAC and Stila ones.

The only thing I would change about Heist is the $17 price tag, but it's worth every cent!

on 11/12/2009 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

this eyeshadow is fan frickin tastic. it's like a taupey-Scene (scene is a cool toned matte grey, so add a taupe tone and Heist is what you get). The blendability is AMAZING; blends like a matte dream. Love to use blacks and greys with this eyeshadow for a classic smokey eye.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products