April 17, 2014 | 1558 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by felicitylw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I paid a lot of money for this and so I WANTED to like this but, to be honest, it's absolutely terrible.

Settles into the 'wrinkles' on my 23-year-old face that, normally, probably wouldn't even be visible under a microscope. Slides off my T-zone despite my skin not being particularly oily. Oxidises at least a full shade darker than my actual skintone. Transfers onto EVERYTHING that touches my face, including strands of hair.

I use an excellent primer under this that has worked perfectly under other foundations, have naturally youthful, healthy, clear, glowy skin and have tried using a beauty blender, a sponge, a brush and my fingers to apply it but against all logic/the laws of the universe, it still manages to make me look like an shiny, cakey, painted mess.
Setting powder, blotting powder, finishing spray etc. don't help. This foundation is an absolute disaster.

The ONLY positive aspect of this product is the packaging, because I like pump bottles.

Two words sum up my opinion of this product: Never. Again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate this so much. It literally dulled out and slid off my 48 year old nose by day's end. Why did I fall for the "this is so amazing" hype. This falls into the same category as KatVonD Lockit. That looked like clay on my skin after a few hours. Sticking with Revlon Color Stay or ELDW. Not sure why I keep trying other foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by kittkittie

I purchased this foundation with high hopes, as the Sephora Employee matched it on my skin, and the color was perfect! She raved about how amazing this product is, and how natural it looks on the skin while still having great coverage. This however was not the case. A few hours into my first day of use it had oxidized and settled into my 25 year old "lines" - which is ridiculous! It looks crusty and separated around my problem zones and a few blemished I am struggling with, which was why I wanted to try something new in the first place. I am returning it tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I personally really love this foundation. I have acne-prone and sensitive skin. It covers scars well and doesn't seem to make me break-out. I also have oily skin and it does seems to control oil pretty well. I can kind of see how other reviewers have had trouble applying it as it is fuller coverage and can dry kind of fast. But I honestly don't have problems applying it. I like to have full coverage so I use a cosmetic wedge and gently pat the foundation on my skin. In areas that I don't want maximum coverage, like under my eyes, I gently "wipe" the cosmetic sponge wedge, with some product on it, under my eyes and then gently pat it with a clean section of the sponge to make any application lines disappear. I finish the foundation off with the original formula mineral veil from Bare Escentuals. So yeah, that's how I apply to stuff and I hope that all makes sense.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MACdoll89

So I have been waiting and waiting to buy this.. I got this at sephora and I was like wow 50$ this better be my holy grail... I was kinda of bummed about some of the reviews and hard it was to blend. But when I got home I used my beauty blender and ran it in water and squeezed the excess out and put some moisturizer on my beauty blender and foundation a it worked great.. Blending it was easy ... Through out the day it started to oxidize bad.. and it settled so bad in my lines I'm 23 .. And it aged me it made me look fifty!! Im returning this and getting something else ... Right now 15$ cover girl stay fabulous kicks this foundations ass!! pissed off consumer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by mc808913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use my tinted moisturizer every single day and oh my gosh i love it! it goes on smoothly onto my skin, and gives me a natural finishing look like I'm not wearing any makeup. it leaves your skin very smooth and silky! I have been using this for years and won't stop. Seriously the best tinted moisturizer on the market! everyone should go out and try this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by SK1978

Love the foundation but it gives me whiteheads after a few days of wearing it. Yuck.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MeghanElissa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This stuff is gross. I normally love laura Mercier products. This one dries so fast, i put it on my skin and within no joke maybe 20 seconds it dried into a clump. It left my face super streaky , it will not blend even with tons of lotion added. I returned this and go my normal foundation!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by tonixtonix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The only way I can use this foundation is to mix it in my hand with a drop or two of glycerine. The color is beautiful but the formula is a heavy coverage cakey mask that settles into lines terribly. After wearing this stuff for an hour I am horrified when I look in the rear view mirror of my car and see how it has settled and turned patchy. Very disappointing and I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by shell11

I really wanted to like this product, especially considering how much I love most of Laura's products. This foundation felt tacky, and went on very streaky. It was super hard to blend too! I ended up exchanging it for the moisture supreme foundation which I ended up really liking a lot.