November 26, 2014 | 1904 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Went on vacation and decided to get a makeover. There was a little makeup studio and they sold Laura Mercier. I bought this and a few other items. The foundation is okay. It wears well enough and stays true to color. Did a decent enough job of preventing me from looking too oily. Coverage was okay. All in all it was okay. Did not knock my socks off, and for the price tag it was no better than the Revlon Colorstay, which is less than 1/3 of the price. The pump on the bottle is nice for those who like pumps, but I am not one to use a pump, so that did not matter to me (I actually prefer pouring out the product onto my fingertip, for me I get more of an accurate amount).

I do appreciate that it had no smell and did not bother my skin....But, to me, Revlon Colorstay, again, also fits that bill, for less than 1/3 of the price.

Bottom line: it is just an okay foundation..nothing really special (especially for the price tag) and was nothing that knocked my socks off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ProductReviewer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thick, need to dilute with water. Need only a pea for the whole face.

"Porcelain Ivory" is equivalent to MAC C-1, which is practically non-existent anymore in their foundations. I gave up on MAC because of this, all of their foundations are too dark for light skin, except C-1 & N-1. I have very light skin with faint pale yellow undertones, not paper white like the red headed, freckled light - but a half or whole shade down - what is called porcelain skinned. That is why this color & brand works for my skin color.

Even C-2 & N-2 are too dark for truly light, porcelain skins...and so are the lightest shades in MAC'S other foundation color ranges - NC-1 and NW-1. They have so much orange, pink & beige in them, that they are not suitable for light skinned women. Don't know how MAC thinks that C-2, NC-1 or NW-1 is appropriate for light skinned women, but LM hits the mark with this one color. The rest of her colors are for regular skin colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by lazybeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry Laura Mercier I was not very impressed with this product. Basically I think it is an OKAAAY foundation but my expectations from this quality brand were definitely not met. It's not that expensive for a designer brand of makeup but my Drugstore foundations work better than this product. On my normal-dry skin this formula is too think and settles into lines on my face. The only way I get it to work, is when I use the Laura Mercier primer as well. If I use a primer for another brand it doesn't work at all. I don't think that a good foundation should even require a primer!! Especially for dry skin!! A moisturiser should be more than enough. But this foundation doesn't blend into the skin, it just sits on top and creases. Not a fan. Struggling to use the rest of it so my money isn't totally wasted.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by marydlsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sephora matched me with this foundation in Sunny Beige. I thought I was going to love it but I haaaaaate it. First of all, the shade is far too yellow for my skin. On the foundation spectrum, I'm usually either the most pale or second most pale shade. The pantone color matcher put me as the 4th shade in this line which should have been my first clue that it was not going to work. My husband described me as looking "jaundiced." Doh. It has a quite thick, concentrated consitency and is hard to evenly spread around. I tried mixing it with my oil free moisturizer but it still just doesn't look nor feel right. I agree with the other reviewers who say this foundation settles into fine lines and wrinkles. It makes me look older than I am! All in all, this one is a bust and a waste of money. If anyone wants to try it, I'll give it away if you pay for the shipping.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Nugen07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oily Skin: Quite simply, if you have super oily skin/acne-prone skin, this is the foundation for you. The texture is almost clay-like and is extremely pigmented. The trick to using this foundation, is mixing it with water to get the right amount coverage. The bottle lasts forever too.

Senstive skin: You can defintely use this if you want heavier coverage. The finish is very matte.

Dry Skin: Just don't use this.

Overall:
-This is for those of you who want heavier coverage with a matte finish.
-DILUTE WITH WATER. This can look super cakey if you don't apply it lightly.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by felicitylw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I paid a lot of money for this and so I WANTED to like this but, to be honest, it's absolutely terrible.

Settles into the 'wrinkles' on my 23-year-old face that, normally, probably wouldn't even be visible under a microscope. Slides off my T-zone despite my skin not being particularly oily. Oxidises at least a full shade darker than my actual skintone. Transfers onto EVERYTHING that touches my face, including strands of hair.

I use an excellent primer under this that has worked perfectly under other foundations, have naturally youthful, healthy, clear, glowy skin and have tried using a beauty blender, a sponge, a brush and my fingers to apply it but against all logic/the laws of the universe, it still manages to make me look like an shiny, cakey, painted mess.
Setting powder, blotting powder, finishing spray etc. don't help. This foundation is an absolute disaster.

The ONLY positive aspect of this product is the packaging, because I like pump bottles.

Two words sum up my opinion of this product: Never. Again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate this so much. It literally dulled out and slid off my 48 year old nose by day's end. Why did I fall for the "this is so amazing" hype. This falls into the same category as KatVonD Lockit. That looked like clay on my skin after a few hours. Sticking with Revlon Color Stay or ELDW. Not sure why I keep trying other foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by kittkittie

I purchased this foundation with high hopes, as the Sephora Employee matched it on my skin, and the color was perfect! She raved about how amazing this product is, and how natural it looks on the skin while still having great coverage. This however was not the case. A few hours into my first day of use it had oxidized and settled into my 25 year old "lines" - which is ridiculous! It looks crusty and separated around my problem zones and a few blemished I am struggling with, which was why I wanted to try something new in the first place. I am returning it tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I personally really love this foundation. I have acne-prone and sensitive skin. It covers scars well and doesn't seem to make me break-out. I also have oily skin and it does seems to control oil pretty well. I can kind of see how other reviewers have had trouble applying it as it is fuller coverage and can dry kind of fast. But I honestly don't have problems applying it. I like to have full coverage so I use a cosmetic wedge and gently pat the foundation on my skin. In areas that I don't want maximum coverage, like under my eyes, I gently "wipe" the cosmetic sponge wedge, with some product on it, under my eyes and then gently pat it with a clean section of the sponge to make any application lines disappear. I finish the foundation off with the original formula mineral veil from Bare Escentuals. So yeah, that's how I apply to stuff and I hope that all makes sense.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MACdoll89

So I have been waiting and waiting to buy this.. I got this at sephora and I was like wow 50$ this better be my holy grail... I was kinda of bummed about some of the reviews and hard it was to blend. But when I got home I used my beauty blender and ran it in water and squeezed the excess out and put some moisturizer on my beauty blender and foundation a it worked great.. Blending it was easy ... Through out the day it started to oxidize bad.. and it settled so bad in my lines I'm 23 .. And it aged me it made me look fifty!! Im returning this and getting something else ... Right now 15$ cover girl stay fabulous kicks this foundations ass!! pissed off consumer.