Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Poreless Primer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Silica, Polymeyhylsilsesquioxane, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide-2, Peg-10 Rapseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Butylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 17 (CI 16035)

on 4/19/2015 12:28:00 AM

I use the Mally Perfect Prep Poreless Primer to lock in my moisturizer before putting on foundation. Depending on how I feel in the morning, or what the day brings, I'll use either a powder foundation or liquid over this. It makes my face a smoother canvas for either foundation type. A little bit goes a long way so the price doesn't bother me. I use a pea size amount. For the two functions above, it works for me. Keeps the moisture in and provides me a smooth base. I wish this came in a tube versus a jar.

Pros:
-- locks in my moisturizer
-- provides a smooth base for liquid or powder foundation
-- fragrance free (to my nose)
-- feels luxurious

Cons:
-- the jar is pretty and gives it a luxury look, but I prefer the control of a tube.

on 3/3/2015 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up at Ulta last week because I ran out of my beloved Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer and figured it was time to try something new. The minute I put it onto my hand I was massively impressed. Mally is one of the only brands I have never really experimented with and now I wonder what the heck took me so long to give it a try...

Let's start with the claims: Mally states this is a miracle type, multi-tasking, do all product. It can be used as a stand alone primer and they claim it will minimizing fine lines, wrinkles, and pores. It can be used over moisturizer and before foundation and if used in this way its supposed to lock in moisture and also act as a barrier btwn foundation and lotions/creams, keeping foundation from slipping and sliding. It can also be used over night lotions/creams as a way to lock in moisture (kinda like the addition of a Hyaluronic Acid I gather)... Reality: It didn't do anything to minimize, blur, or "fill in" my pores (I don't have fine lines or wrinkles yet so I can't vouch for that one way or the other). HOWEVER, it did apply like a dream, made my skin silky smooth, and my foundation went on flawlessly over this. Unfortunately it didn't extend the life of my foundation, which still slipped and slid of my face in the heat (and I had only been wearing it maybe 6 hrs). The packaging is really bulky, which kinda blows.

Would I purchase this again? YES! With the exception of my CFX ($38), this is the best primer I have ever tried. And the added bonus is that you can always pick this up in promo deals where either this ends up being almost free or another high end Mally product does (sadly I didn't learn that until after I paid full price). Is it worth the $35 price tag on its own? Yeah, I think so. Or rather, I don't mind paying a little more for a much better product than those which cost less. Is it better than Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer? No way, not in my opinion - CFX has way better ingredients for only 3 bux more than this. But if you are looking to try new primers, I highly suggest you give this one a whirl. Its not my HG, but its second in line.

First off this did nothing but make me look like I hugged a pixie.. the shimmer glitter that it leaves on your face is a bit much... I do not think this did anything at all for the makeup nor what it claims it does and it was not only over priced but it was also over sold.. I will not use this product and it was a waste of 35.00 dollars... this was nothing more than over priced elmers glue with glitter... because the scent smells exactly that way... In ending after using the product ONCE my face broke out a bit... I have NEVER broken out from anything. This product is not worth it...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this product is perfect for summer for me, it can be a little drying in the winter because I have not yet found a good moisturizer to go with (either too drying or make me shiny).
However, I have tried smashbox, guerlain, laura mercier, MUFE, mac, clinique, lancome and many other sephora/nordstrom/macy brands and this is the best.
You have to LET IT DRY for a good ten minutes or else it doesn't work for me and my makeup gets shiny.
I have used this swimming in a chlorine pool, sweating at the gym and at concerts and you can still see my contour!

Many primers don't work for me (too oily most of the time) but this one works perfectly, helps my makeup stay on throughout the day even on the most oily parts of my face. It is pricey but one jar lasts a long time so it's well worth it!

on 11/8/2014 10:55:00 AM

I love this. I have used Too Faced's Primed and Poreless and Benefit's Porefessional and this one is my favorite. It does a great job in giving a smooth surface to apply my makeup and does a decent job blurring pores, on par with Benefit and Too Faced. What I like most about this product is what bothers a lot of people about it--it's the packaging. I like that it is in a pot and I can dip my finger in and pick up just a small dab to put in the area I need it. With the primers in a tube, I find that I often squeeze out too much and then end up wasting product. I know it's a sanitation issue for those who don't like the jar, but I haven't had any issues with breakouts. This 1oz jar of Mally has lasted me twice as long at my Too Faced (1oz) and Benefit (which by comparison is only .75oz) I still have a fourth of a jar left after 9 months of almost daily use. I'll definitely be repurchasing when I'm done.

on 9/10/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is worth the money. You only need a small amount at a time. It truly makes your makeup stay on without retouching. It is perfect.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this primer because it stays matte for several hours, and because I can apply foundation and powder over it. The other primers I have tried either get shiny very quickly, or impede the application and blending of makeup.

on 5/31/2014 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am not a big primer person. I personally don't feel like they do much of anything for me. They don't make me look softer. They don't make lines disapear. They don't make my foundation last longer. Usually they just give me acne it seems. They also make my face feel soft, but that is about it. So please take what I have just said into consideration before you buy anything based on my review.

Warning aside I think this a decent primer. It feels smooth on my face. It doesn't get gummy or pill up. It blends on easily with fingers and a little bit goes a long way. It feels luxerious. It feels silicone-y. It feels like a lot of primers. It makes my foundation look a touch better, but it could be my imagination. The thing I like the best and the reason why I gave this such good marks is because it hasn't given me acne. Now I know that may seem weird, but my thought is that if this stuff (primer) that doesn't do much for me doesn't cause acne in me....it might just be a holy grail primer for someone that primer does do something for.

Overall I think this is a well made primer and it does a good job. I don't get the effects of primer other people do (weird body chemistry maybe), but I can tell a good primer vs. a bad primer. It is like a gift I guess. It is just a gift that doesn't give to me.

Overall I think this is a good product....if you can understand why I think so. I think it is worth trying out. I just wouldn't buy it at full prize. You can get it on Mally's online site in a starter kit for about $30-40.00, depending if there is a coupon or not. The starter kit has a full size primer and setting powder. Check that out if you are interested. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's not bad..but i jus don't think it's worth 35 dollars. ..they're other primers that are cheaper n jus as good. .i think the Garnier 5 second blur is comparable to this one. and like 20 dollars cheaper