October 24, 2014 | 1696 users online

Polishes - Orly - Glitz

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by superpony123

I was disappointed with this. I wish they'd named this something else, because their Glitz and Glamour polish was what I'd hoped to be ordering when I bought this online. I googled swatches of both polishes and got the same pictures each time, so I figured they might have renamed it at some point to take out the 'and glamour' part. Glitz and Glamour is what I wanted, but unfortunately it is not the same as Glitz. Glitz is still pretty, but it does not look all that flattering on me because of the foily finish whereas glitz and glamour has more of a sparkling finish. I now mostly use this for leopard print and accents :< It was a poor choice on Orlys part to make two very similar polishes have very similar names and make it impossible to tell which youre ordering. It's a pretty foily gold, but I wanted the sparkly version.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by feliarex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this yellow gold color. So shimmery and pretty. VERY bright. Looks great for fall, really stands out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Quickgirly04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color. I haven't used it too much because I have so many colors I change but this color is very pretty and bright. It's very shimmery and if you buy it, make sure that you are ready for a very very frosty color. It's pretty thin in consistancy compared to some other Orly colors but it does dry in 5 minutes and it's pretty!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim, and am surprised at how much I like it. I am as white as can be, and I generally look terrible in yellows, but this color is beautiful on my skin tone. It's a slightly orangy gold, with lots of gold microglitter that gives a somewhat metallic finish. It's just a smidge streaky, like most metallics, but you really have to look closely to see that, and it's not bothersome to me anyway. It's opaque in two thin coats, and wears as well as most quality polishes. The color is unusual enough to be interesting, while still seeming classy and sophisticated (rather than just weird). I like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by islareina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't imagine that no one has reviewed this product yet! This is the first time I have loved loved loved a nail polish color. I am tanned-skinned Black (Bobbi Brown Golden foundation) and this color looks so beautiful on me! It looks like melted, molten 24K gold on my toe tips.

The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the finish. It doesn't look sleek and high gloss like other polishes; you can see the vertical polish lines and maybe it's even a bit matte. I'm going on my second week on my toes without one teeny chip, but it chipped right away on my hands. I'm going to do the 'sticky sandwich' this weekend to see if that helps with the staying power and with the finish.

I tried this because I wanted Chanel's Gold Fiction. I wrote to Chanel and they wrote me back saying this Fall 08 color had been discontinued. I decided to try this one and I couldn't be happier. Well, if it didn't chip I would be happier.