March 2, 2015 | 1762 users online

Conditioner - Inecto: Pure Coconut Oil Moisture Infusing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2015 4:16:00 PM More reviews by amphianda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cone-free Coconut! Remarkably similar in ingredients, and texture, to Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm, which is my favorite conditioner and has been my solid cone-free daily cond for 20 years.
Over the past 5 years ive slowly been getting bored of the aloe/floral fragrance of Biolage Balm... Its a really lovely frag and I used to LOVE it. But after 20 years, I got sort of bored with it.
Inecto Coconut smells like coconut pie, but the REAL coconut pie, toasty pie-crust and all. Unusual and really buttery. Not "bright" fruity smelling coconut, more savory and custardy. Almost toffee-like. Very yummy, to my nose.
Its really "sleeking" compared to my usual conditioner. I think this is because of the actual coconut oil in it (my hair does not look oily in the least from using this cond, though,. just to be clear)
I usually prefer more body, but for whatever reason this inecto stuff sleeks it up in a way that i really like... It adds texture to my hair. Also the shine is like a nice deep shine, enhancing my naturally occurring highlights... its as if there is more translucence. LOVE this effect! Again this is an effect produced by the oil in it, I suspect.

Although my already healthy hair seems nourished by this Inecto stuff, its not as soft to the touch as my regular cone-free cond. would make it. The slip was great right out of the shower, but as it dried the emphasis was more about texture than slip or softness (compaared to BCBalm, at least) This is not to say my hair is STIFF in any way. Hard to explain. My hair moves as if it were heavier, much like hanging jangly earrings would move if i wore them. Yet, it stays in place easier, if say, I push my hair up and away from my face. But this is really a nice fun change for me... Its like a new "look" in a bottle.

I wouldn't recommend this for very dry hair, or very damaged hair. It sleeks like silicone in appearance, but it will not hide damage, and it probably won't make crunchy hair softer. Oil nourishment, I am finding, is different than hydration for hair, with very different effects. Generally speaking, oil based will give hair weight and shine and nourishment, but it wont hide damage, or moisturize your hair like water based conditioners will. Oil based also may not do you any favors if what you are after is more body. There is the difference between nourishment and hydration here. Some conditioners both nourish AND hydrate very well, and I think BCBalm falls in this category, as does the leave-in Creations Garden makes with macadamia nut oil. However... neither of these cause my hair to behave the way this Inecto does, and I really like what its doing, style wise.

Unfortunately, I didnt realize it when I ordered it, but it comes all the way from the UK., and is made there. So though it is relatively inexpensive in the UK, it becomes a little pricey to get it to my doorstep. I am certainly not rolling in $$ but I will order more of this. (all-in all it cost me about 15$ including shipping fees, I think, for 16oz) I dont need to use that much at all... so it should work out to be worth the xtra $$.
The frag is addicting... coconut cream pie baking in an oven. AMAZING frag. Wont replace BCBalm for me, but its a really great change and addition to my arsenal. Really really LOVING how my hair looks and behaves with this stuff!
Just an FYI for cone-free folks.
YMMV
Update: I mixed the Inecto with some suave coconut conditioner, and then added a little bit of the Creations Garden leave-in conditioner ... WOW... My hair feels extremely good and soft with this threesome! Plus, they are ALL coconut fragrances, so my hair smells totally amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

Overall, I would say this is a decent conditioner, nothing bad; nothing special. I bought the Inecto deep treatment, as I am now interested in purchasing hair conditioners/treatment with coconut oil. The scent of this product is nice and coconut/ toffee like; however the consistency is a tad sticky. I left it on my hair with a plastic cap for 10-15 minutes. Here are the pros & cons:

Pros: + imparted a glossy shine; + no residue/buildup; +non-greasy;+did not strip my colour treated hair;+ packaging is simple;+price is very affordable.

Cons: I had a lot of tangles when rinsing this conditioner out ( I always use a wide tooth comb after putting conditioner in my hair, so that it gets evenly distributed). This is why I am not that impressed with this treatment. 4 lippies; would have given 5 lippies and would have r/p if it wasn' for the "tangles" factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is my go-to conditioner. i have bought this again sooo many times and i still love it! this is the perfect conditioner for me since i have damaged hair which goes oily very fast if i use too heavy products. this product is great to soften up my hair and making it look healthy, without weighing it down or speeding up the oilyness. and it smells like bounty. i would deffinetly recommend this product to anyone with damaged hair who wants a product that will not weigh it down or make it oily! love!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this when I couldn't get to whole foods for my Kinky Curly Knot Today conditioner. It smells amazing and makes my extra coarse fro soft and shiny. I can easily run my fingers and denman brush through my hair with this in it. I use it for co-washing and as a leave in. Ulta had this on clearance when I got it. Now I can't seem to locate it anywhere else. Luckily, I picked up two bottles!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner leaves my hair greasy, dull and lifeless. The only thing I like about this conditioner is the coconut smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is very light, but still effective. It softens and has a great coconut scent. It did leave my hair a bit stringy in some areas, but nothing a styling product can't thicken up. This would be perfect for those who cowash, but this does contain cones. I found mine at Ulta. I look forward to trying it with the matching shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jemmaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

see review for shampoo, as this conditioner was used in conjunction with the shampoo. Very conditioning.made my hair smell very coconuty which is gorgeous

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kiki_mari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a thin conditioner - it was running down my arm as I was trying to apply it - but still effective. I needed about a silver dollar-sized amount to coat my hair, which is moderately thick and dry with corkscrew curls. It detangles well, smells good too, and actually seems to have made my hair curlier. It isn't the best conditioner I've ever come across, but I think I'd buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

Buyer Beware: You get what you pay for! I got the results of a $4.99 bottle of conditioner. My hair is thick, coarse and curly and I heat dry, straighten and flat-iron daily. My hair, while still shiny and healthy, needs moisture and the main reason I bought this conditioner was because of the coconut oil. Unfortunately, this conditioner is too light for my hair. My hair looks and feels slightly drier than normal and is a lot more puffier than I like. It's a conditioner that rinses clean, detangles okay and smells nice, but I need something heavier and more mositurizing than this, so I will not repurchase.