August 21, 2014 | 1629 users online

Moisturizers - Lauren Hutton - Matte Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was stunned by the quality of this moisturizer because it's not even offered as a standalone product in Lauren's line; it's always given as a freebie of some sort. But it's really, really nice. The ingredients are fairly standard with angel dustings of some good ones, and also some Vitamin A which probably isn't so good for daytime, but no matter--the perks of this moisturizer lie in its texture and application. It's a very gorgeous finish with the right amount of hydration for someone combo like me. It's also a fabulous primer for makeup: my makeup doesn't move when I use this, and my skin feels like silk until the end of the day. It's now $10 for 2 ounces at Lauren's website, and I honestly plan to repurchase. For someone with a small, relatively new company, Lauren offers a lot of winners.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by fashionista101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been nothing but pleased with this product, in fact I really have seen a difference in my skin since I have been using the this moisturizer. My favorite feature about this product is that is does not make your skin shiny, I hate when moisturizers make your skin shiny! I have had nothing but compliments on my skin, and I really think that it has made a huge difference in my skins appearance, and definitely for the better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Kadibug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't too impressed. I haven't seen any difference in my skin texture or looks. I started using another moisturizer at night because my face looks very dry with this product. The other moistuizer I use to supplement is something affordable from any drugstore and works better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was I ever pleasantly surprised by this moisturizer! Lauren's Hutton's Matte Moisturizer comes in a 2 oz. tube and a little goes a long way towards smoothing your skin in preparation for your foundation or mineral powders. This moisturizer goes smoothly and leaves a matte finish. I was surprised that at the end of the day, my Lauren Hutton tinted moisturizer which I wore on top along with her Aqua Elements powder was still intact and I needed no touchups throughout the day. My skin looked unbelievably flawless and smooth, not dry or taut or at the other extreme, oily in the least. Believe me, I have fair, sensitive, combination skin and you can usually tell the time of day just by looking at my nose. This stuff made my pores practically disappear and my makeup look incredibly fresh. And no allergic reactions, either. Definitely will keep using this!

UPDATE: 4/7/09: Well, after several months of use, I had to stop using this moisturizer because my face began to break out with those annoying red bumps on my cheeks. I guess the fragrance in this product was too much for my skin to bear and I had to give this away. If you have sensitive, blemish prone skin, be careful with this one.