October 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - Protect & Shine Pure Ceramic Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having used a $100 HAI flatiron for years, I have been converted by this Remington flatiron.

I have the "frizz" model which is $47 at Target. Not sure what the difference between the "frizz" and "shine" models are. I bought it because I realized my HAI is not dual voltage so it would not work in Europe. I used the Remington for three weeks in Europe and loved it. It heats up quickly to 420 degrees but doesn't damage my hair. I have very thick semi wavy hair due to a perm and the Remington did a great job of straightening it and adding shine. I liked this flatiron so much I have retired the HAI.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

I received this as a gift and at first was enticed by the idea of having avocado oil infused within it. However I quickly came to find out that it's not a very good idea for people like me with thin hair that gets oily easily. Although it straightens beautifully, it leaves a residue. The first couple of times I used this product my hair would be squeaky clean prior to use but afterward would look like I hadn't washed it in three days. Now that I've had it for nearly a year the residue has worn out a little so I can use it, but I would probably only recommend this for people with extremely dry hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

Hi, I bought this iron due to the req's on the hair care board.

Normally I am a high end girl, in products and esp. my tools! I currently have a CHI, GHD, Sedu, Linea Pro, and a few more .

This iron works awesome! I could not believe it worked better than the $200.00 plus models. I have waist lenght, curly hair, straightens and does make it shine.

It is infused with Avocado oil in the plates, which is supposed to last the life-time of the product. I could not believe how good it works, esp. for the price. ($50.00) .

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by cindita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im only giving this product a 4 because I just got it.

This iron caught my eye when I was at Rite Aid one day a couple months ago. I wanted to buy it, but decided not to because I just received one for Christmas.

Im SO glad I didnt get it because not its on sale at Rite Aid for $12.00!! It used to be $50 and now its on sale. I called 3 stores before finding one that had it. Now its time to see if it was worth it.

Compared to the Teflon Ceramic iron from Remington, this iron left my hair very soft. The straightness seems about the same, however this iron def. left my hair shinier. I ran my fingers thru my hair and dont know why my hands are oily, it may be bc its my first time using it.
Anywyas, I like it much more than the teflon ceramic one. I think it was a good buy for $12...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can only compare this to my wet2straight 2inch flat iron and this one is sooo much better. It gets my hair pin straight while the w2s never got my hair straight (it only helped defrizz a bit). But with this flat iron, i don't feel any kinks in my hair b/c my hair is literally straight. It also does not tug hair out of my scalp (like my old one). There's no snagging whatsoever. It's also light weight so I can work on my hair without straining my arm like my old w2s iron. I love that it's 3/4 inch so it can work on my bangs and get closer to my scalp. I've never tried the CHI or any high end brand straighteners but this gives me pin straight hair and I don't think a CHI can get my hair any straighter than straight. I just hope this straightener will last me 4-5 years like my old one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ben228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alright, I bought this yesterday and used it last night and today. I am going to compare it to my HG conair infiniti flat iron in this review.

Remington heats up to 425 as the max. Conair 395 as the max. Remington gets me hair straight, but still with some volume. Conair gets my hair straight and FLAT. I like my hair flat. I have a lot of it and like it as bone straight as possible. Remington has a 3/4 inch plate. Conair as one inch. Remington is slimmer over all so I can get my bangs and around my ears without burning like the Conair can. The Remington does not last as long, my hair gets frizzier fast. The Conair can give three day long results with little to no touck ups, even though it does not get as hot. But the deal breaker that made me put my Conair away, at least for now, is that the Remington does not break my hair excessively. The Conair breaks it and tears it out so much even when I am gentle. That is the reason this Remington one may be my new HG. I can deal with a little volume and a little frizz if it doesn't tear half my hair out whenever I use it. Overall, the Remington doesn't get my as sleek, but the Conair tears out too much hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this flat iron. It is 3/4" so its pretty small compared to my other flat irons I have owned. I am used to 2". However, it is perfect for styling and creating waves and curls. It straightened my hair pretty well. No creases and it straighten out my bends and curls pretty well. I should add that I blow dry my hair first with a dryer brush. It took some getting used to but I think I got the hang of it. My only negatives about this were its hard not to accidentally change the temp setting when using it. Also, it doesn't clamp down hard enough for me so I need to squeeze the tip of the iron. But for $29.99, its not bad. I also used a 20% off coupon at Linens N Things. It heats up really fast and I only had to do once swipe each section of hair. Some sections I needed to do two but not many. It goes up to 425 degrees but I like to use it at 380. I might take it back and get the Remington 1" T-Studio Ceramic/Tourmaline flat iron to try which is what I originally wanted but the store I went to didn't have it.