November 27, 2014 | 1623 users online

Gels/Soaps - Lever 2000 Perfectly Fresh with Vaseline

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

so... i moved from a dry southern CA climate to a super dry UT climate, and gave up my water softener in the process. before the move, i was using liquid body washes (mostly J&J Head to Toe Baby Wash and Alpine Xtreme bodywash for men), and despite my horrible reviews for it, Aveeno daily moisturizer on my face and body, with excellent results. my skin literally looked and felt like glass.

AFTER the move, i started getting rough patches on my elbows and mild eczema on my back, as well as greasy skin and enlarged pores on my face. i figured that it was the switch from soft water to hard water and the fact that my skin hated Aveeno when i had hard water, so i switched lotions, and started using Jergens Shea Butter. that seemed to help with my elbows, but did nothing for my face or my back, so i figured that liquid body washes were probably the culprit. so i used Dove white and that made my back itch horribly, so i switched back to Aveeno lotion and that did nothing but make my elbows dry again so i reswitched to the Jergens. i figured maybe it was the fragrance. so i switched to Dove unscented, and that did nothing--i still had eczema. my elbows responded to the shea butter lotion, so i switched to Oil of Olay shea butter bar soap, and that made the eczema spread from a palm sized spot on the left side of my back to the entire botton half of my back and up my sides about halfway up to my ribs.

so i think to myself, maybe it's the detergents. so i switched to Ivory Soap (my old stand by) and while that didn't exacerbate the condition on my back, and it did seem to make my face feel less greasy, it made the rest of my body feel very dry. so i decided to use Costco's kirkland signature soap and it was basically the same as Ivory, only it stripped my face and made it sting. meanwhile, my back is starting to chafe and feel raw and i'm starting to worry about the possibility that my cracked back-skin is going to get infected. so i start using Safeguard to prevent infection and slather Eucerin and Vaseline everywhere. this causes eczema to break out ALL OVER MY HANDS.

i'm digging everywhere in my bath and body arsenal and i stumble upon my last 4 bars of Lever 2000 with Vaseline and i decide to give it a try--my back is already very close to bleeding and while i didn't like the film this soap left behind when i had soft water, maybe it'll help the Eucerin and Vaseline spread a little easier. so i take a shower, and upon rinsing, my skin felt the typical dryness you'd get from a regular bar of deodorant soap--you know the feeling: you KNOW you've got soap scum all over your body, but it's that "squeaky clean" feeling that so many soapers love.

anyway, i get out of the shower and i put some Jergens on my my arms and legs, and IMMEDIATELY feel the difference. my skin is ACCEPTING the moisture. because shea butter is so healing, i decide to skip the Eucerin on my back and use my regular lotion. i go to bed, and when i wake up, the skin on my back is softer than it had been in MONTHS and it didn't itch AT ALL. after a week of using this soap, i started using a washcloth again to exfoliate my dry skin and i had brown streaks all over the cloth when i washed my back from all the dead skin that had accumulated in order to heal my skin. after the 2nd week of using this soap, the eczema on my back and sides had cleared up completely.

i have been using this bar soap for the past month and a half and it's as if i had never had eczema. i use the original formula with Vaseline in conjunction with Vaseline Total Moisture (the Jergens shea helped to heal the skin on my body, but the moisture didn't last and it didn't do anything for the eczema on my hands, but that's for another review), and haven't had any problems with my skin since.

now for the actual product description. it comes in a blue and silver foil box. the product itself is white and rectangular with rounded edges. it's a very hard bar and produces a creamy lather if you use your hands or a loofah to bathe, not so much lather on a washcloth. the scent, i'm not so fond of--it's a clean, green, floral--while i'm actually using it, i think it smells faintly like pee... but after rinsing, it doesn't smell bad at all. i haven't bought it in 3 years, but when i did buy it, i spent 8 bucks for a 16 pack at Costco, and in 3 years, i'm still down to my last 4 bars. i would buy this product again--i'm a long time Lever 2000 user... but like everyone else here, i stray to use other things. it's a fantastic little bar of soap... and i highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I could only have one bath and body product for the rest of my life this would be it.

I am never interested in my many shower gels or whatever, I don't care for lush, screw body shop, all I want is my good old bar of lever 2000.

Done.

Happy to spend my money elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by TG83

So this was recommended to me as a face wash by a dermatologist. I had the wack ass enlarged pores on my forehead and sahara dry chin with flakes and blotchiness. The first time I tried it it made me dry but I stuck with it. It cleared my bumpy forehead overnight. It also smells nice and lathers well. I love being lazy and using as a soap for my body and for my face. The dermatologist told me to use it so I have permission to be lazy. Yippeee!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does the job, and leathers up well without leaving a strong scent behind. I also like that it doesnt leave residue on the soap dish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ycats0273

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this bar of soap. I was reintroduced to this soap this summer after years of Tone and Caress body washes. I found the soap at Sam's Wholesale at a phenomenal price ;16 bars for $6.77. With high gas prices and trying to cut here and there I decided to take the chance. The bar lathers really well and leaves my skin clean, but not dried out. I'm left feeling very refreshed after a hot bath (my shower is out of order). I wear Dove deodorant and the scents compliment each other very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by teedums

I have used this for years, I use shower gel for all over but always keep a bar of this in the shower for under my arms. It's a decent, clean and refreshing smelling soap and it's cheap! Years ago all I used was bar soap, they worked but none of them really stood out. This is the only bar soap I will buy nowadays. I have tried in the Aloe scent which is nice too but I like this one better. Dial/Safeguard and others are okay, but for me it's Lever 2000 all the way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I liked this bar much better than the one with fresh aloe. I use the latter in the shower and it works really well--it keeps my skin very clean, moisturized and smells great. I tried it on my face and it was okay-nothing special, but nothing horrible; I was surprised that it did not break me out, since it contains mineral oil. However, I felt that it did not make my face feel as if it were "breathing", so to speak, plus it kinda dried my face out (which is weird, considering I have combo-oily skin). But for my body it works wonders at preventing breakouts. I definitely liked this one better than the fresh aloe one--the scent, to me, was horrible. In all, I love these bars for the shower and went back to using Dove for my face, as it does not rob my skin of moisture, nor does it make my skin oily, just clean and healthy. Out of the deodarant/antibacterial bars that I have tried (Dial and Safeguard), i would have to say that I like Lever 2000 the best because it is the most gentle, most effective, and best smelling. Will repurchase these bars, for sure.