November 21, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eye Shadow - Bourjois - Ombre Stretch - Brun Nylon

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Sraahz1

I really really love the color, it is some kind of a shiny brown color. A negative point is the fact that you have some fall out and that the eye shadow is a bit chalky. The brush that comes with it is a plus but I would recommend using your own brushes, but if you don't have them it is definitely a plus. Also the mirror is a great plus, you can easily apply it on the train or wherever you want to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by marthaquest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely soft silvery-taupe; buttery silky texture, cute package & brush is quite good. Got this on sale when brand was being pulled from UK stores though I used to test swipe it everytime I did my grocery shopping at Monoprix in Paris. It's more subtle than Satin Taupe or other plummy taupes but still, used just by itself, adds definition to eye & makes blue eyes more prominent. Someone here said it resembles Chanel Safari with a bit more silver & I agree; Bourjois & Chanel are owned by the same parent company so this makes sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by beules

Gutted this produce as been discontinued in the UK. Really flattering and universal taupe. This was my favourite budget eyeshadow colour and i've been trying to match it for ages! The best i've come up with is No.7 mono eyeshadow in mink or mac in copperplate.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by hamsterz15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

usually I don't buy single e/s but after swatched this colour at the counter, I know I had to have it and make it my favourite to go colour
It is a unique light grey-ish taupe colour, yes it is shimmery but put this all over your lower lid up to your crease and pair it with a matte crease colour + matte/sheen highlighter, and you're done for your daily quick soft smokey look. if you have no time at all to blend, you could apply it lightly as sheer wash lid colour & you're ready to go

price wise, in my local dept store it is quite pricey, around $12 but for the unique colour, I will repurchase (if I managed to finish this one, though)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by sweetkaty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is beautiful taupe color for blue eyes! I usually don't like shimmery eye shadows, but this one looks really nice. It lasts all the day and the color is very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't blown away with this! I was able to get it in a swap, and fancy myself something of taupe shadow connoisseur, but this is just not cutting the mustard. The color is pretty, but to me, isn't much different than the CG Tapestry Taupe. Also - it has about as much fall out as that color as well (which to me is a lot!). I was not at all impressed with this. I think it is over-hyped, over-priced, and low quality. If you're after a really light taupe shadow with shimmer that is likely to have heavy fall out, save yourself some money and get the CG Tapestry Taupe. EDIT: I've given this shadow another shot and now I really like it! While this is close to CG Tapestry Taupe, it doesn't have nearly the fall-out that CG TT has. This is a pretty color, if used with the right primer and brush. It looks great to have a light lid color, and then use this in the crease. I prefer the CS MAC 217 dupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I generally don't get along with cool taupes because they don't look that good on me. I had doubts about purchasing this but now I am happy I did. It is very neutral and subtle. As the name suggests it stretches and is very easy to apply. It has a beautiful subtle shimmer that is totally suitable for day wear. The texture is very soft and blendable. It can easily become my go to shadow for every day.

I think you get a decent amount in the package. It comes with a brush that I find a bit too small but still better than sponges. My only con with this is the price in South Africa. But to all those lucky girls out there who can get this cheap, I definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by JM234

HG product IMO - I wear everyday, sometimes on its own when it even manages to make me look as if I've done my crease with a slightly darker colour, and sometimes with another colour at my crease. And so cheap! Buy buy buy!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by thegreatexaggerator

Absolutely beautiful color! It goes on very, very smoothly. I actually found this while walking around Ulta the other day. I got it for 2.99- what a deal! I just wish I had bought the others in the sale bin. And, I really hope they aren't discontinuing this. It's a flattering, soft color. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 8:47:00 AM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bourjois was 3-for-2 at my Superdrug, so I got this baby, Bourjois Ombre Stretch eyeshadow in 09 Brun Nylon. a nice e/s:

Comes with a decent, if teeny, brush applicator:

TAUPEY GOODNESS!

Aaaaand, swatches! It's not a dark taupey, purply taupe, if you know what I mean (ie. not like satin taupe.) But it's a good medium-to-light taupey color, with a good shot of silver, beige-ish-ness (I think that's what makes it medium-to-light, instead of a dark plummy taupe), and just a hint of purple. But it's still taupe. It reminds me of a more purple, less beige and brown Stila Wheat, if you know what I mean, since it's of a similar color depth. It's a little on the frosty side, but not that OTT frosty. The color is also pretty neutral. I think its neutral-leaning-cool, so I think this would look awesome on cool-toned and neutral-toned girls, although I think warm-toned girls would also carry this off, due to the beige-ish-ness in the color. Would look awesome paired with a matter crease shade for those who aren't comfortable wearing this color on its own. I personally really love this color, because for me a lot of the cult taupes out there are on the dark side, and it's hard finding a nice light taupe. This for me is perfect - not too dark and not too light.

FYI my skintone is NC20, AAB, with olive skin with neutral-to-cool undertones:

Pigmentation starts off sheer at first, but color is very buildable. I think that's what the 'Ombre Stretch' selling point means - like the idea is that they have these nylon micro-spheres that allow the e/s to be 'stretched' out - ie. stretched out sheer, or packed on opaque. I don't believe nylon particles are going to make an e/s fantastic, but at least they got the description right on this one - it is buildable, and very nicely buildable, even if it starts off sheer. Just the whole thing about nylon-microspheres is such a terrible way to put it across to the consumer. The texture of the e/s is also pretty smooth, which is good, and it applies well.

I wore it the other day to try out how it wore as the day went on, and I'm pleased to say this is decent. It doesn't fade, but it does crease a little by the end of the day (I wore it out for one entire day), but I wasn't wearing any primer or anything (I don't have major e/s issues), so I think with a little primer this will be much better.

I'd recommend this for those who don't mind frosty eyeshadows, and for those who don't mind buildable shadows, and for those who want a taupe that's not a deep, dark, taupe like so many other taupes out there. It's harder to find a light taupe than a dark taupe, and good ones are hard to come by, so this is good for anyone who feels that alot of the taupey colors out there are too dark for them. The wear and pigmentation is pretty good too. I also would recommend this for most skintones, although the color is probably better on cool and neutral ladies than on warm ladies, although I'm quite sure a warm lady could pull it off too, it's not by any means totally cool. I'd say its a pretty good color overall. continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No