September 18, 2014 | 1912 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Radiance Serum with Royal Jelly

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ILoveMyself14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will describe this product in 3 words - What the hell. Thought i would buy this product and give it a try due to all the positive reviews i had read, but it just seemed to be a waste of £15 down the drain. I used it for a few weeks (around a month) and seen NO improvement in anything - no radiance no nothing. I think people are getting radiance mixed up with shine. This product is so greasy that it leaves a kind of thick residue of shine on your face. Seriously don't buy this. Waste of money and it only comes in a small bottle anyway so is not worth the price at all. I'm sure there are more natural ways of making skin radiant than believing in this stuff.. It contains alcohol aswell so may potentially dry out your skin. Its just sitting on my shelf now doing nothing - not impressed with this product at all! Will definitely not repurchase!

P.s only rated this product a 1 because i had to give it a rating in order to post this review. But it doesn't even deserve that!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by xiangwei304

I have very sensitive and combination skin, this product is great for me, it doesn't irritate my skin like most of other serum does, very dehydrating but at the same time doesn't make my skin oily, it also brings a natural radiance, it is a little pricy and you use more drops to cover the whole face, (I use 4 drops instead of recommended 2), but overall, I am very happy with it, already on my 2nd bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by nknier

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd have to say my favourite part about this product is the eye dropper and glass jar that it comes in. Although the product does seem to work relatively well, there are some cons about it as well. For example, I find that the normal 2 drops of serum that I'd normally need to cover my own face would not cover my face as well with this serum. This results in the product running out faster. I also found that it was very expensive considering the amount of serum you actually get. But, this was a very hydrating serum and did reduce flakiness that someone with combination skin may have.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Yessilov3syuu2

I really really love this product ! Makes my skin glow and feels beautiful. My boyfriend actually complimented on my "make-up" for the first time the first time I wore this lol, not knowing I skipped foundation and powder that day ! Just concealer. My skin looked great really glowing. A little pricey but worth it I love it

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't pay full price for this, it was about 7 from an outlet place, so knowing the full price of Burt's Bees products I thought I'd give it a go.

The results on me ? None that I could discern.

2 lippies because I like the dropper and the product, whilst ineffective, also didn't break me out, so I appreciate that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by gwoopenberrycrunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love how this makes my face feel after i use it...soft smooth and velvety...luckily i havent knocked it over yet whew...i'd purchase again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the whole bottle of this stuff and saw not improvement to my skintone with this product. I have been an fan of Burt's Bees products for years but cannot recommend this one which is a first for me. First off it's way overpriced. It runs around $18 for a 1/2 oz bottle of serum. The consistency of it is really watery and not thick or moisturizing like how a serum should be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lucky me, the very 1st time I used this I dropped the bottle & out spilled more than 1/2 of my $22 serum. Wonderful. OK so life goes on. I like the dropper bottle & will keep it for other serums I have that come in lousy packaging. I love that the bottle is tiny & perfect for travel.

I read so many raves about "softness" & "radiance" that I had to jump on the bandwagon to try it. Though I haven't used this very long, it does add softness to my skin (although I also use another serum that I'm very happy with which already softens & freshens my skin). I haven't yet gotten a full idea of how well it works, but I like it enough to give it a 4 rating. It doesn't irritate my skin in any way (surprisingly it contains denatured alcohol which you can ever so faintly smell).

It does nicely moisturize my skin w/o feeling greasy. It does not feel sticky or tacky at all, unlike some others' experience. However I do now wake up w/oily skin since using this. I stopped having oily skin with creeping age, but now in the morning it's like I'm 25 again, lol. But not greasy all day, just upon awakening. Perhaps my skin is simply adjusting to this new serum. Or maybe it's b/c overdosed on the amount since I did use more than directed.

This serum has no real odor (its scent is barely detectable), it smooths on like water & absorbs super-quickly. I think a little bit goes a long way, so there's no need to overdose (which I did).

Using this serum @ night is just an added step in my routine, perhaps it's not necessary, but I do like it enough to keep using it (plus I'm interested to see if the licorice might lighten my pigmentation spots). At the worst I can use this on my neck & chest, where unfortunately I never apply enough of my more expensive treatment products. So I'll use up the remaining 1/2 or so that I didn't spill & probably post an update when finished.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by anna91996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this!!!!!!! I like the dispenser, squeasy thing. And the actual product itself!! I put it on at night and in the morning, i noticed a difference in my skin!! It is more radiant and has an even skin tone! I definitely recommend this product!! And any other Burt's Bees products as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like the dropper. Got this yesterday in a swap, hasn't done anything yet. I will update if something dramatic happens.

yeah this gave me a few zits on the cheek. Everything that is a lotion or serum does this to me. Anyways it's up for swap.