Orly Fantasea

4.4

on 10/25/2011 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I now own about 6 shades from this brand, this being my least fav as far as coat wise. The color is really nice (i have seen cheaper polish like this one, so it isn't that unique) but it takes atleast 3 coats to get it how i want it. The other polishes i have only need 1 coat, maybe 2. I won't repurchase because i don't like adding extra layers (their other polish spoiled me).

on 9/22/2010 10:20:00 AM

This is my first orly polish and I think I will buy more now. I love the color and love the rubberized grip on the handle. It took 3 thin coats to be totally opaque. It applied easily. Best of all, it lasted 5 days before there was ANY chipping, which is almost unheard of for me. And by then it was only 2 minor chips, so I took it off because I was bored, not that it looked too bad to wear. Love it!!!!

on 6/3/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

When I first saw this in Sally's I already had my hands full and couldn't afford the extra bottle at nearly $6, but I had decided that I really wanted this polish. A few weeks went by before my next visit to Sally's and I'd been thinking about this polish, so I nabbed it up.

This is a really beautiful lilac purple shade that shimmers into a lovely fuschia pink and a nearly metallic polished copper. Really exceptional and I can't say that I've seen anything like it anywhere else.
So I would put this among the unique shades of my collection.

I gave this product a rating of 4 rather than 5 because it is so sheer and it took me 4 to 5 coats to achieve full opacity. That's wasteful.:( I usually tend to layer sheer shades over darker and more opaque polishes from the same color family, or even just black. But I don't have an opaque color like this and my purples are rather dark. But I'll be playing around to see what I can do with it.

At full opacity this color is gorgeous under different lighting. It goes from a blue-ish violet to deep rosy golden peachy-pink, to a burnished pink-copper and has a decent amount of gloss to it.

I wish I could say it was long-lasting, but the morning after I applied this polish, I took a shower, and the polish over my pinky nail peeled right off.:(
I've now been wearing this polish for about 4 days now and it's been chipping quite a bit at the edges.

Now, I do have Sally Hansen's "Hidden Treasure" opal-flakie polish over top and Finger Paint's clear top coat, so either of those could also be the culprit as this is the first time I've worn any of these. But so far this is my experience.

I would definitely purchase this again as it's such a beautiful polish and I see myself wearing it again really soon.

Click on Continue to see some pics. of my manni:

With Flash:

No flash:

And here's a swatch on an acrylic nail wheel:
Top is by itself...3 to 4 layers. Bottom one is over a dk. purple...with Sally Hansen's "Hidden Treasure" glitter polish on one side:
continued >>

This polish caught my eye when I went over to my local Sally's this week. Fantasea is a great violet color with pinky bronze duochrome. When I wore this out yesterday, I got several compliments on this color. The formula is Orly's regular easy to apply formula. The polish is a bit sheer, but 2 or 3 thin coats gives full opacity. Addidionally, I love the rubberized grip on the ORLY bottles..it makes opening up polishes nice and easy.

on 9/22/2008 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a beautiful deep violet with a gorgeous bronze & pink pearly sheen. Ah, the depths of this, it's just so wonderful. What do they call it? Duochrome? I can't remember. Anyway, I have nothing else like this, and I was happy to get the last bottle on the shelf. It was on sale for $4 at Sally.

Popular Polishes