Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

4.1

Dry Combination: Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Jojoba Esters, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower) Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Plankton Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Creatine, Adenosine Phosphate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Sorbitol, Sea Whip Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Micrococcus Lysate, Trehalose, Niacinamide, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cholesterol, Zeolite, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caffeine, Sodium Rna, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Linoleic Acid, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Lecithin, Dimethiconol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Tromethamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Zinc Pca, Mannitol, Isodecyl Salicylate, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Polysorbate 80, Disodium Nadh, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sulfate, Maltodextrin, Ferulic Acid, Dextrin, Xanthan Gum, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/24/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was very excited to try this product after reading the fantastic reviews as I wanted a few extra antioxidants in my night time regime. My skin is slightly sensitive but can handle treatment products with retinol no problem so I assumed this product would be fine.

After forking out a hefty $90, I was expecting big things. The product stung a bit when I applied it but that didn't bother me as other reviewers said this can happen. The next morning I woke to find my skin red and sore and covered in tiny bumps. I persevered for a few days but it just got worse and I was left with horrible dry patches and very sore skin.

I've stopped using it but my skin still hasn't returned to normal. I normally have a great complexion and it's just horrible after using the Super Rescue.

Having said all this, I would like to add that Clinique's customer service was fantastic. All I had to do was send the product back reply paid and they sent me replacement products. I've asked for the Even Better Brightening Mask and the Almost Lipstick Black Honey - reviews to follow!

on 8/12/2015 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is an absolutely brilliant moisturised I use it both day and night and I love it. It soothes my skin and never once has broken me out which is why I love it. This cream has made my skin tone more even and hydrated. The redness on my skin has reduced significantly since using this cream. I don't really like Clinique products but this is outstanding. I really love the tube packaging as its easy and keeps all the antioxidants stable and away from light so it maintains its effectiveness. I do however go through this very quick about one tube a month. It is pricey but so worth it! Ive used Creme de La mer before and this has given me more results. I can't recommend this enough. Its the first moisturiser that I can say fits my skin and does everything I need it too. They have different versions of this depending on your skin type so its perfect for everyone.

on 5/1/2015 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this one basing on MUA reviews. It has light texture and absorbs quickly, but has a strong alcohol-like smell. Every time I apply it, I recall that alcohol might be bad for skin. The only reason I decided to finish the tube - because it did not cause new skin problems to anyone here.
And nothing special about it's moisturising abilities.

on 4/23/2015 9:15:00 AM

I love this stuff! Use it every night for years, I have combination skin but very sensitve and I have tendence to dry patches. I use the dry-combination skin and it works great. This is miracle, my skin is amazing in the morning, soft and bright. No breakouts.

on 3/11/2015 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this moisturiser! I use the one for dry-combination skin and it works so well. It doesn't clog my pores, it moisturises like a dream, it doesn't make me oily and it contains lots of lovely antioxidants and other ingredients that my skin loves. I really don't think you can go wrong choosing this one as your night time moisturiser. It smells like all the other Clinique products.

on 2/18/2015 4:58:00 PM

This is a really terrific night cream. I started using it a few weeks ago because with the very harsh winter we're having, my skin was quite dehydrated and my regular night cream just wasn't up to the task - I would wake up in the morning with dry skin even though I used night cream religiously. I hesitated between the formula for oily combination skin (which is my skin type) and the one for dry skin and ended up buying the latter, and it was definitely the right choice. Now when I wake in the morning my skin is soft and dewy and I haven't had a single breakout. I will continue using this but will switch to the oily-combination skin formula once the weather starts getting warmer.

on 2/7/2015 4:03:00 PM

Update: After using for 6 months now, I LOVE this product. My skin looks great and I love the flexibility the combo-oily formula allows. In the summer, its the right weight and in winter I like being able to layer over it.

I purchased this since I'm trying to make a skincare routine beyond just cleansing, now that I'm in my thirties. really I should have started 15 years ago, so now I want to make up for lost time. Anyways, my skin is changing and is slightly oily in the t-zone but otherwise dry and a lot of products make me breakout without rhyme or reason. For this product, I really debated between the formula for combo-oily or normal-dry skin. The dry skin formula felt very rich and I was worried it would break me out so to start, I went with the combo skin formula . I have been using this product for about 5 days now. At this point I can comment on the following: as with most Clinique products, this does not break me out or irritate me. This absorbs very nicely and makes my skin feel so soft to the touch. Despite that, I wouldn't say it helps the dry texture of my skin on visual inspection. At night, I layer this under a bland moisturizer and during the day I've worn it with sunscreen and foundation without difficulty.
This product is delivering what I had hoped for: topical antioxidants. I think of it more as the "serum" step of my skincare and not a moisturizer. However when I repurchase I will probably go for the dryer skin formula- although it felt thick when applying to my hand in store, within about 10 minutes it had sunk in beautifully. I plan to update after I have used it for a longer time, so I can comment on any cumulative benefits.
In Canada I paid around $55 at Shoppers. I think that is extremely reasonable for such a well rated product, as I'd be paying more for any antioxidant serum if I sought an alternative to this product.
Update: I really like the combo skin formula after all! It allows me a lot more flexibility in my skincare routine. I can layer under my sunblock in the day, plus wear makeup. Another note to add, I'm pretty sure I have a damaged moisture barrier. As I work on that, I'm getting more of a "glow" from the product. I don't get even a hint of tingling from this as other reviewers have noted.

on 12/7/2014 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've gone through 3 tubes of this before admitting to myself it's not all that great. I like the idea of it...supposedly infusing antioxidants into my skin...but, in all honestly, this doesn't do much for how my skin looks and feels. It takes forever to absorb into my skin (both the combo and oily skin formulations), and its texture feels like cheap drugstone hand cream. Even though it is much-maligned, Clinique's good old Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ makes my skin soft, supple, and healthy-looking, and it has an elegant, silky texture. Time after time I cave in to claims from "expert reviewers" (who really are "manipulative marketers") who put down Clinique's products. But then I go back to my classic Clinique, and I'm suddenly getting carded when I buy a bottle of wine.

on 12/4/2014 6:13:00 PM

I have this in the combination oily to oily version. I was concerned about my dry cheeks and neck when I purchased this, because in my experience, moisturizers that are meant for oily skin aren't appropriate for my very dry areas. Well, I am happy to say that I had nothing to be concerned about. This moisturizer is incredible. It is expensive ($47), but you absolutely get what you pay for.

This is a HG for me. I used to swear by La Mer, which I still do but it is so pricey...Of course, I'd love to bathe in La Mer on a daily basis but hey, gotta keep it real! So Super Rescue is a God send for me. My skin was just constantly dehydrated and NOTHING I had tired, except la mer, kept it supple...until this came along! I use a tube a month, but I use it as both night and day time. I just LOVE it. It's been a life saver! I sometimes mix it with Josie Morgan Argan Oil for an ultra emollient treatment. Some might say it's pricey at 45 a tube but it sure beats La Mer at 150 for a small jar. Try it and if you dont like it, Clinique has a great return policy!

Popular Moisturizers