Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

4.1

Dry Combination: Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Jojoba Esters, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower) Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Plankton Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Creatine, Adenosine Phosphate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Sorbitol, Sea Whip Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Micrococcus Lysate, Trehalose, Niacinamide, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cholesterol, Zeolite, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caffeine, Sodium Rna, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Linoleic Acid, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Lecithin, Dimethiconol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Tromethamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Zinc Pca, Mannitol, Isodecyl Salicylate, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Polysorbate 80, Disodium Nadh, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sulfate, Maltodextrin, Ferulic Acid, Dextrin, Xanthan Gum, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 5/1/2015 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this one basing on MUA reviews. It has light texture and absorbs quickly, but has a strong alcohol-like smell. Every time I apply it, I recall that alcohol might be bad for skin. The only reason I decided to finish the tube - because it did not cause new skin problems to anyone here.
And nothing special about it's moisturising abilities.

on 4/23/2015 9:15:00 AM

I love this stuff! Use it every night for years, I have combination skin but very sensitve and I have tendence to dry patches. I use the dry-combination skin and it works great. This is miracle, my skin is amazing in the morning, soft and bright. No breakouts.

on 3/11/2015 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this moisturiser! I use the one for dry-combination skin and it works so well. It doesn't clog my pores, it moisturises like a dream, it doesn't make me oily and it contains lots of lovely antioxidants and other ingredients that my skin loves. I really don't think you can go wrong choosing this one as your night time moisturiser. It smells like all the other Clinique products.

on 2/18/2015 4:58:00 PM

This is a really terrific night cream. I started using it a few weeks ago because with the very harsh winter we're having, my skin was quite dehydrated and my regular night cream just wasn't up to the task - I would wake up in the morning with dry skin even though I used night cream religiously. I hesitated between the formula for oily combination skin (which is my skin type) and the one for dry skin and ended up buying the latter, and it was definitely the right choice. Now when I wake in the morning my skin is soft and dewy and I haven't had a single breakout. I will continue using this but will switch to the oily-combination skin formula once the weather starts getting warmer.

on 2/7/2015 4:03:00 PM

Update: After using for 6 months now, I LOVE this product. My skin looks great and I love the flexibility the combo-oily formula allows. In the summer, its the right weight and in winter I like being able to layer over it.

I purchased this since I'm trying to make a skincare routine beyond just cleansing, now that I'm in my thirties. really I should have started 15 years ago, so now I want to make up for lost time. Anyways, my skin is changing and is slightly oily in the t-zone but otherwise dry and a lot of products make me breakout without rhyme or reason. For this product, I really debated between the formula for combo-oily or normal-dry skin. The dry skin formula felt very rich and I was worried it would break me out so to start, I went with the combo skin formula . I have been using this product for about 5 days now. At this point I can comment on the following: as with most Clinique products, this does not break me out or irritate me. This absorbs very nicely and makes my skin feel so soft to the touch. Despite that, I wouldn't say it helps the dry texture of my skin on visual inspection. At night, I layer this under a bland moisturizer and during the day I've worn it with sunscreen and foundation without difficulty.
This product is delivering what I had hoped for: topical antioxidants. I think of it more as the "serum" step of my skincare and not a moisturizer. However when I repurchase I will probably go for the dryer skin formula- although it felt thick when applying to my hand in store, within about 10 minutes it had sunk in beautifully. I plan to update after I have used it for a longer time, so I can comment on any cumulative benefits.
In Canada I paid around $55 at Shoppers. I think that is extremely reasonable for such a well rated product, as I'd be paying more for any antioxidant serum if I sought an alternative to this product.
Update: I really like the combo skin formula after all! It allows me a lot more flexibility in my skincare routine. I can layer under my sunblock in the day, plus wear makeup. Another note to add, I'm pretty sure I have a damaged moisture barrier. As I work on that, I'm getting more of a "glow" from the product. I don't get even a hint of tingling from this as other reviewers have noted.

on 12/7/2014 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've gone through 3 tubes of this before admitting to myself it's not all that great. I like the idea of it...supposedly infusing antioxidants into my skin...but, in all honestly, this doesn't do much for how my skin looks and feels. It takes forever to absorb into my skin (both the combo and oily skin formulations), and its texture feels like cheap drugstone hand cream. Even though it is much-maligned, Clinique's good old Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ makes my skin soft, supple, and healthy-looking, and it has an elegant, silky texture. Time after time I cave in to claims from "expert reviewers" (who really are "manipulative marketers") who put down Clinique's products. But then I go back to my classic Clinique, and I'm suddenly getting carded when I buy a bottle of wine.

on 12/4/2014 6:13:00 PM

I have this in the combination oily to oily version. I was concerned about my dry cheeks and neck when I purchased this, because in my experience, moisturizers that are meant for oily skin aren't appropriate for my very dry areas. Well, I am happy to say that I had nothing to be concerned about. This moisturizer is incredible. It is expensive ($47), but you absolutely get what you pay for.

This is a HG for me. I used to swear by La Mer, which I still do but it is so pricey...Of course, I'd love to bathe in La Mer on a daily basis but hey, gotta keep it real! So Super Rescue is a God send for me. My skin was just constantly dehydrated and NOTHING I had tired, except la mer, kept it supple...until this came along! I use a tube a month, but I use it as both night and day time. I just LOVE it. It's been a life saver! I sometimes mix it with Josie Morgan Argan Oil for an ultra emollient treatment. Some might say it's pricey at 45 a tube but it sure beats La Mer at 150 for a small jar. Try it and if you dont like it, Clinique has a great return policy!

on 11/25/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great night moisturizer. It gets high marks from me due to it being in a tube. Jar moisturizers waste ingredients that don't stay stable once exposed to air. This is in a tube so the ingredients aren't compromised. Also, there's a lot of anti-oxidants which are great for your skin. Clinique products are unscented so you smell the ingredients which isn't great, but I'd prefer over fragrance which is not good to put on your face. Great product!

on 11/23/2014 10:58:00 AM

I bought this because I've been a Clinique user for many years and mostly following brave MakeupAlley reviews. However, I'm not keen on this product at all and don't understand the hype around it. It smells horrible, it is difficult to dissolve on the skin and, worst of all, every night I use this I end up waking up the day after with small whiteheads on my T-zone (forehead and chin). I've only used it 3 times but I had enough; I had wonderful skin before and it worsened it, so I'm not risking anymore and accept the mistake I made buying it, as it is not cheap. I'll move on and continue using Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream as my night cream; it's far more expensive but it works much better on my skin. Therefore, I won't repurchase this one (I don't feel buying another skin type-version of the cream either) and would recommend to try a sample first before purchasing.

Popular Moisturizers