December 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've gone through 3 tubes of this before admitting to myself it's not all that great. I like the idea of it...supposedly infusing antioxidants into my skin...but, in all honestly, this doesn't do much for how my skin looks and feels. It takes forever to absorb into my skin (both the combo and oily skin formulations), and its texture feels like cheap drugstone hand cream. Even though it is much-maligned, Clinique's good old Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ makes my skin soft, supple, and healthy-looking, and it has an elegant, silky texture. Time after time I cave in to claims from "expert reviewers" (who really are "manipulative marketers") who put down Clinique's products. But then I go back to my classic Clinique, and I'm suddenly getting carded when I buy a bottle of wine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I have this in the combination oily to oily version. I was concerned about my dry cheeks and neck when I purchased this, because in my experience, moisturizers that are meant for oily skin aren't appropriate for my very dry areas. Well, I am happy to say that I had nothing to be concerned about. This moisturizer is incredible. It is expensive ($47), but you absolutely get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by mademoiselleDFW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG for me. I used to swear by La Mer, which I still do but it is so pricey...Of course, I'd love to bathe in La Mer on a daily basis but hey, gotta keep it real! So Super Rescue is a God send for me. My skin was just constantly dehydrated and NOTHING I had tired, except la mer, kept it supple...until this came along! I use a tube a month, but I use it as both night and day time. I just LOVE it. It's been a life saver! I sometimes mix it with Josie Morgan Argan Oil for an ultra emollient treatment. Some might say it's pricey at 45 a tube but it sure beats La Mer at 150 for a small jar. Try it and if you dont like it, Clinique has a great return policy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by jhenley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great night moisturizer. It gets high marks from me due to it being in a tube. Jar moisturizers waste ingredients that don't stay stable once exposed to air. This is in a tube so the ingredients aren't compromised. Also, there's a lot of anti-oxidants which are great for your skin. Clinique products are unscented so you smell the ingredients which isn't great, but I'd prefer over fragrance which is not good to put on your face. Great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by snowsun

I bought this because I've been a Clinique user for many years and mostly following brave MakeupAlley reviews. However, I'm not keen on this product at all and don't understand the hype around it. It smells horrible, it is difficult to dissolve on the skin and, worst of all, every night I use this I end up waking up the day after with small whiteheads on my T-zone (forehead and chin). I've only used it 3 times but I had enough; I had wonderful skin before and it worsened it, so I'm not risking anymore and accept the mistake I made buying it, as it is not cheap. I'll move on and continue using Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream as my night cream; it's far more expensive but it works much better on my skin. Therefore, I won't repurchase this one (I don't feel buying another skin type-version of the cream either) and would recommend to try a sample first before purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Timeless14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish that they had written on the bottle "avoid eye area" - or at least had written it on the box. Found the warning on the site only after my eye area brokeout into a million little bumps. I hadn't even been using this product for a full week, if even half. I've never had to deal with this before, and praying that it disappears now that i've stopped the use of this moisturizer. It's pricey, the products they ship to china were tested on animals (idk about the ones we find here in sephora), and a little warning about areas to avoid would've been nice considering the consequences to those who are unaware.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

From the reviews you have to have patience with this cream. I don't have that. When I pay up to 50 bucks for a night cream I expect results because I am on a limited budget so I need results from my expensive skincare or they are GONE. This did nothing for me but make my skin slightly sticky and itchy. I liked the tube but that's about it. I am moving on. For moisture I can find better for cheaper I think and get a serum for antioxidant delivery.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mariajvcruz

I really wanted to like this product. I purchased the normal/dry skin but it doesn't seem to work on me as it's not moisturizing at all and after using it for about 2/3 days I start to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Peachycactus

I have repurchased this about three times now. I have the combi/oily skin version.

Anyone who loves this will tell you they were underwhelmed at first. Having used this for quite some time now though, I'm a total addict. As long as this exists, I will not be purchasing any other night cream.
I usually cleanse my face with either Bioderma (summer) or the Emma Hardie cleansing balm (winter) and then follow up with this. It works especially well on any budding skin problems like acne, and the next morning my skin will be significantly clearer and more luminous.

It resembles a beige coloured creamy-gel formula and doesn't have a specific fragrance (perhaps ever so slightly herbal at a push?). It spreads very easily and I always put any leftover cream on my neck and decollete.

This is really great. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a powerful night cream that won't feel sticky when you lay your head on your pillow.

(about my skin: I only wear make up when I go to parties/bars and always double-cleanse when I do!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this moisturizer for about 1.5-2 years, and although at first I didn't think it was anything special, now I realize I am really attached to this moisturizer. I find the formula to be quite light, even though I use the normal to dry version, and I like incorporating antioxidants into my routine whenever possible. I don't think anything about this moisturizer will 'wow' you, but I do think the formula does what it's supposed to, and it's well formulated so it has a lot of added benefits to the skin.
I will also mention that when I first purchased this, I was disappointed with the size- the tube looks so small for the price. However, I only use a tiny bit (smaller than a dime), and it is able to moisturize my entire face without having to stretch it. I would say a tube lasts me 9mo-1 year when used 3-4 times a week.