April 21, 2014 | 1285 users online

Bath Treatments - The Body Shop - Deep Sleep Soothing Shower Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this at a somewhat stressful time in my life (new job, going from a relaxing schedule where I set my own times to a full time work week, etc.) and while it didn't make me sleep like a baby, it was a delightfully relaxing way to unwind in the shower before bed. It's not the sort of thing you'd want after a long run or a game of tennis in hot weather (I think at the time this was released, there was also an "energizing" or "refreshing" line released along with the Deep Sleep and Divinely Calm lines). The bottle would be great except that it's such rigid plastic that it's hard to get the product out, especially with wet hands. I don't quite understand this except that maybe because it's dark plastic (to protect from light, maybe?), the plastic must also be hard. I see now that this is seriously discounted on The Body Shop's website so I think perhaps this might be on its way to being discontinued, which is a shame. I think I'll stop by or call this week to see if they have it in store and maybe stock up on this and on the "companion" Divinely Calm shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Would I buy this again?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Have purchased this so many times, I'd be embarrassed to confess it here.

Love the scent. Not too sweet, not too floral, not too anything, but still distinctive and aromatic. So relaxing, so comforting, such a doable indulgence that makes me feel like a million bucks, soaks the stress away.

I have a huge, old fashioned bath tub, and baths are something that are very important to me, especially in the winter. There's a lot of conventional conveniences that I really don't indulge in, because they aren't my thing. But a bath is like a sacred ritual, a time of centering, with candles and easing into a space of comfort and security, back to the womb, as it were.

This product is non-drying (can't say that it is moisturizing, but it doesn't dry my skin at all), and smells divine, and the body balm is a great compliment, works like a dream (entendre intended), and really takes me where I need to go for a peaceful evening.

Just what I am looking for when I immerse myself in a calm and nurturing space.

ETA: I personally wouldn't waste this product in the shower, the real benefits and luxury are in soaking in its aromatherapy benefits. JMO

My review is for the "Deep Sleep Comforting Milk Bath Float"; not sure if this is the same product or not, though I believe it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:03:00 AM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, thy divinely creamy shower cream, I adore you! I'm more fond of shower creams rather than shower gels, and this proved to be a fabulous example of a fluffy, frothy, soft shower cream. It reminds me of whipped cream with coconut in it, as it smells of sweet coconut milk infused with candied orange and a dab of chamomile. Yum! The Soothing Shower Cream is one of my favorites from the Well Being launch this far.

It's also great for a bath, the bubbles are so many, small and fluffy. I love taking a Deep Sleep bath before going to bed, but beware of using it in the morning for you might just want to crawl back into bed again.

continued >>