Vichy Dermablend

on 6/17/2015 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is one of those products which have stood the test of time for me. And I suppose when you keep going back to something, that is what makes it your HG. I always end up coming back to this, no matter what else I may be tempted to buy.

Its a great, basic, loose powder which leaves a poreless, finish. Doesn't make you powdery. Does not give unwanted additional coverage. Doesn't settle into fine lines. Helps blur things a little. No irridescence at all. Doesn't look like you tried too hard. No fuss and reliable. I mix half and half the transluscent with the pigmented one, as the transluscent is too ghostly and the pigmented too dark on their own.

Its just a shame that its not very portable for touch ups but I wear it every day and it doesn't let me down. I have been using this for years. It lasts forever.

Long live Dermablend powder.

on 9/30/2009 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Although this product is recommended over the dermablend foundation, I use the revlon colorstay underneath it. I don't think its entirely colourless, because after applying I am a lot more pale, but thats no problem. It is a good product. I only need to re-powder once a day now, in stead of a million times a day, due to my very oily skin. It keeps me fresh-looking the whole day through, but it doesn't last in the evening. Still, this stuff is a big improvement, I feel a lot more confident when I were it.
But, I definately wouldn't go swimming with this on! The packaging says it 'withstands perspiration, bathing and rubbing.' While riding on my bike yesterday, a heavy (and very Dutch) rain washed over me, and believe me, no foundation or powder can withstand that kind of condition.
Nonetheless, I think this is a good product. it keeps my shine controlled, even if I dont use revlon colorstay for oily/combo skin. I will buy this again.
(Watch out for your eyes though, it stings!)

on 7/21/2009 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this in combination with the vichy dermablend corrective foundation and it truely makes my make up lasts longer and fresher. It doesn´t emphasize dry areas and controls oil all day long. It perfects the skin and is sweat resistant. Nice consisteny. I put on my face with the puff, wait 2 minutes and take away excess with a brush.

on 9/21/2008 3:27:00 PM

This is an almost clear loose setting powder. Though it is formulated to be worn specifically over Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundations (liquid and cake) to make them stay 16 hours...I wear it over my regular liquid foundation: Revlon Colorstay. This powder is fantastic for taking away all shine for the whole day, doesn't make the foundation white or cakey and one cannister lasts about 5 months (that's with very heavy use).
I use a huge powder brush (not the puff included) to apply it. It's more even and shear with the brush. It doesn't make my face feel dry and it's PERFECT if you will be taking pictures or going on television (worn alone if preferred).
No scent either and won't clog pores