September 2, 2014 | 1158 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Coconut Frosting lip shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

So yummm!! Being the self-proclaimed lip gloss FIEND that I am, and considering my love of all things coconut, I figured this lip gloss would be right up my alley. I love the staying power, as well as how it feels, tastes, and smells. The smell and taste don't so much remind me of coconut frosting as they do Rachel Perry's Banana-Coconut Lip Lover, that I used to use as a child (which has since been discontinued). I have never found another product with that same yummy smell and flavor, so I am quite happy. I subtracted one lippie for the long list of chemistry lab ingredients, and also, I find that if I use a lot of this, it pales out my lips too much. Otherwise, I love this lip gloss!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I obsess over anything coconut or vanilla flavored. So buying this as my first Philosophy lip gloss was high on my list of things I wanted. I LOVE it. I actually try not to use it too much cause I love the smell. (How lame is that? Ha.) However, it is a tad bit sticky. Even though it's sticky, it doesn't smear and become an annoyance. I think the stickiness of it helps it last longer because it lasts quite awhile for me. Also, I purchased another flavor in the same type of packaging and it leaked all over the place. So now I have to be very careful with them and I don't carry them in my purse. I'd be kinda ticked if it leaked everywhere in my purse. Putting it on after a bath or shower is the best, especially since I use coconut shampoo/conditioner as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I think I have found my HG lip gloss. I tried a few at Sephora on the back of my hand and most felt sticky. This one felt great, so I bought it. As soon as I put it on my lips they felt moist and refreshed. It tastes so good and gives a nice gloss to lips over lipstick or alone! Yum!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by kristinhatch2

If you like coconut, you must try this! I recently stopped eating sugar and it lip balm gives me all the perks without the calories. It smells so YUMMY and feels great on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

LOVE IT, just like I also love the s'mores flavor of the very emollient line. Staying power, the sticky doesn't bother me, doesn't make my lips peel or burn or feel weird or anything -- just feels good. Yeah, I totally might be addicted to this stuff. ONLY downside - my hub is allergic to coconut, so when I kiss him with this stuff on he has a similar reaction to when he eats coconut - his lips get red and puffy. So, for me, this is my work day gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by tracita

the prior review says it all---i'll just add my "thumbs up" to the masses...yummy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What it Claims:
"Philosophy Coconut Frosting Lip Shine lets you spoil your senses with its ultra-rich, ultra-sweet coconut frosting-flavored formula. This Lip Shine is mega-moisturizing and provides a smooth, sheer shine. The super-sweet scent of coconut frosting smells so scrumptious, you'll want to frost your lips all day long."

Claims - True or False?
1) Ultra-sweet flavour: True. Thankfully, it is not sickly sweet (to others it may), so it's a nice treat.
2) Mega moisturizing: False. While my lips don't dry out or feel dry when wearing, they do not feel any more hydrated once removed. Works best with balms.
3) Sheer shine: True. It does slightly lighten my lips, which I do enjoy, and works well combined with other glosses to lighten them up.

Packaging:
Simple, aesthetically pleasing and provides all of the ingredients. Comes in a clear plastic tube that is easily squeezed, has some cute directions and is overall a good design.

Smell:
While I loathe coconuts, I really do adore the scent of this gloss. I believe that this is probably one of my best smelling glosses that I own. I can't say how true the scent is, but it is quite pleasant. For those that dislike sweet scents, you will definitely hate this. The biggest plus, the flavour not only smells good but TASTES good! While I don't make a habit of licking my lips while wearing gloss, there are times when it happens and I do not regret it.

Consistency:
A little too sticky for my tastes, but nothing unbearable. I'd say that it's quite a thicker formula, fairly sticky, and can last a fair amount of time. There are fine glitter particles that are appropriate enough for many age groups without looking tacky, and the glitter itself shows only a hint of shimmer on the lips. Because it is sticky, it should not be worn outside as hair will easily get stuck to lips.

Ease of Use:
Tube squeezes easily and thus can be well controlled if you only want a small amount, lid comes off with ease and the smooth application tip allows for smooth application. Removal is slightly tricky, but can still be managed with some effort. Overall, about as easy to apply as any other lip gloss.

Bang for your Buck:
In my opinion, this is a steal. Because I rarely wear the same lip gloss every day (or even the same gloss in the same day for that matter), this gloss has lasted me well over a year with only a small dent in the product. With regular use, it will easily last at least 6 months, so at under 20 dollars it's a good product for a fair price. I paid around $16.00CAD for the gloss at Sephora. Also, because it is white, it can easily be used for various outfits, types of events and paired with other glosses, so it gets many uses!

Final Consensus:
Although not my go-to gloss, this is definitely one that when applied I enjoy reapplying throughout the day. Nice smell and taste, sheer colour and glitter, and can be used for many different looks. Definitely a gloss that gets ignored by myself far too often, and will be included in my purse daily. Definitely worth a try, and a great gift option for someone that may not enjoy anything too colourful on the lips.

Overall Rating: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Packaging Quality: 4/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by wnzdazchld

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love coconut and lip gloss, so this is heavenly. It tastes so yummy and smells delicious!!! It is a bit sticky, but not enough to detract from the awesome flavor/scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:27:00 AM More reviews by JanM

I got this as part of a set called "Fresh from the oven" along with red velvet cake lip gloss and vanilla cake lip gloss.
This looks scarily white and opaque in the tube (like the see-through tube, you know where you are with it), and I feared that this would be the one of the 3 I liked the least, but it is great. The gloss is very shimmery and looks fine on my pale lips. The gloss is quite sticky, but I like that, I feel that it makes the gloss last and "stick" onto the lips through a drink and a snack which it does with ease.
It does smell and taste of coconut, now I have never been tempted by the taste and smell of a lip gloss alone and am deeply put off Lancome's (name escapes me at the moment) and prefer tasteless and scentless, but this does smell delicious and a tastes delicious too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sourie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great lipgloss to have in your makeup bag. I pair it with many bold lipsticks to soften the colors. I like to wear it by itself with neutral makeup. It's very shiny and smells yummy.