October 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Lavish Lift Root Booster

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mayral456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long straight hair and it tends to get flat on the crown. I spray this before I blow dry it. I go to school for about 10 hours and my hair on the crown still has some kind of volume. I love to run my hands through it to make it look more full with my waves and it looks really effortless! For those of you who love ALOT of volume, not sure if this will crete that but you can see for yourself!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by pinkpointeshoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really liked this product. When I cut my hair to an A-line bob, I needed something to help volumize a bit. I use a few sprays on the roots before blow drying and I can really notice a difference. The best part is, you can't tell the product is there- no residue, stickyness, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by kfife10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this. I have a lot of semi-fine, dry, curly hair, cut into an A-line bob. I first should say that my hair responds really well to many volumizing products. Also, I like my hair to have a rougher, messy texture. This stuff works great for me.

Here is what I do: I spray it onto my hands, not my hair. Then I massage it into my damp hair. I also use John Frieda's thickening mousse, and tend to also put in Garnier Fructis' curling spray gel, so I'm not using this product alone. Then I dry my hair upside down for a while, until it is almost dry, then finish drying it by scrunching and teasing it with my fingers until it is really dry.

I can really tell the difference when I dry my hair with the other products without this root booster, and the difference when I add this root booster. It gives me an extra ooomph and keeps my hair volumized. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Omichan

I returned this crap. I love some of the John Frieda products but this one failed one me. Sprayed it on & did nothing after blow drying; went to bed next morning top of my head was flat. I was better w/o using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by FaithW

Very disappointed in this product! It made my hair greasy and sticky. I did not notice in increase in volume. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by OliviaEmma12345

After applying to damp hair and blowing drying upside down/using a round brush, the volume only lasted about an hour, even with hairspray. It's not very effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by phoenix511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This isn't bad, I've just learned how to give my hair better volume with teasing and/or hairspray since I got it. I have fairly long and thick hair that goes down pat my shoulder blades and it still gives a nice lift, so it definitely works. My only complaint is that it can get mega-sticky if you don't watch how much you're applying and where. This happens even if you put it on damp hair like it says, though to a lesser degree. You're probably going get some sticky with almost anything, but this just seems to be a little more noticeable (though only to me, its not visibly sticky). Great if you don't want to go through teasing, but not so much if you can do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My Hair: Asian, black, long, straight, thick, flat.

I have not tried any other root lifters to be honest, but I loved this one. It did what it promised - created lift at the roots. It also keeps my oily roots nice and dry. I spray this into my roots after towel drying my hair and then rub Biosilk silk therapy into my ends. So far it's working pretty well.

Also, they've changed the packaging on this product. It's now called "Luxurious Volume Blow-Dry Lotion Root Booster" and is in a baby blue bottle instead of the periwinkle blue bottle that I see posted on this page. They had some of the old versions next to the new packaging at Walmart. That's how I know they're the same. Also, alcohol is NOT the first ingredient on this new packaging so maybe they've changed the formulation as well?

Anyway, def recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use a root booster every day on my very fine, thin, oily, shoulder length hair. When you have thin and fine hair, some volumizers get sticky and make my hair clump in crunchy sections. That is what this did. I have wavy hair and it made is very hard when I diffused it. Works better if your blowing it out with a round brush. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Jalorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is great! I have so much volume and it lasts until I go to bed at night. I've tried more expense volumizers like Kiehl's which always seems to appear in magazines as being so wonderful, but I found THIS product by John Frieda much better. I accidentally applied this on my bangs once & I had 80's mall bangs until I washed my hair again!