April 20, 2014 | 1545 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megacolors Lipstick - 512A - Naked Sands

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2004 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color "Naked Sands" because this has a nice nude look. I use this in conjunction with the W'n'W lipliner #666 for a nice nude look. What I don't like is the lack of staying power of this lipstick when I eat or drink. I haven't found a lipstick with great staying power when you eat or drink. The only time I have to replenish this lipstick is when I eat or drink. For less than $2 per tube I can't beat this lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 10:10:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I always thought this lipstick was way too oil based to really last on lips. You can't beat the colors or price, but other than that, nothing much to recommend this. I do like the novelty of the "mood changers" lipsticks of this line, they are fun!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2003 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I truly love WnW's lipsticks, I think they really are a fantastic buy. This shade here 'Naked Sands' didn't work for me though, the colour was much too pale, it made me look ill. I'll stick to 912A and 518B from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2003 2:34:00 AM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my FAVORITE lipstick from WnW!

#512A (Naked Sands)is a satin-finish nude, pale pinkish/brown, and gives me the perfect Angelina Jolie-esque nude lip look: not too pink, not too brown, not too "dead".

For less than a dollar, why not take a chance with it? It's fabulous!

PS -- no taste, and it faintly smells like green apples!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2003 3:43:00 PM More reviews by xxwesishotxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for $.49 on clearance and apparently it had been sitting on the shelf for quite some time. I tested it out on my hand yesterday and it turned dark brown. Not to mention that the line is still on my hand, a full 24 hours later. I'm not sure what that's about. So I put it on my lips and it turned BRIGHT orange. I'm guessing I just got a bad lipstick b/c I've never had problems with that with Wet 'n' Wild, but this lipstick went straight into the trash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2003 9:09:00 PM More reviews by stellina

W&W must have re-formulated this lipstick, because it's MUCH better than it used to be - no more nasty smell or waxy crayon consistency. There's a very slight fruit fragrance, & it's fairly smooth in texture. The color is a warm neutral with peach/coral tones, very flattering & much like some MAC shades at a buck a pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sharilynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this!! its my HG nude lippie! looks great with clear gloss on top

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2003 6:49:00 AM More reviews by kittenkisses

This is a great find. On me it's not a nude lippy. It's a bit too brown/coral. However it is a gorgeous color and would look better on me during the summer- with more color on my face. It's way too drying, but fixable with a bit of lip balm applied first. Overall- this is one of WnW's best. (MMM dk red/green)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2002 9:22:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found the perfect nude lipstick!!! It's called "Naked Sands" and I'm extremely impressed! I held it next to my Shu Uemura Nude 928 and it's almost identical- I like this color even a little more than Shu's. The texture of this product is better than my Shu lipstick and is very moisturizing. The color is beautiful and very nice for a natural summer look. Goes really well with the WW bronzer too! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2002 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Jen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this to put in a lip palette, so I wasn't concerned about the no-frills navy blue packaging. The lipstick is a satiny light pink nude (reminds me of MAC Brave or Spirit), very pretty natural color with a great texture (creamy, very moisturizing, long-lasting), called Light Beige Frost (I believe--will recheck tonight, but I remember thinking that the name didn't fit this product). I wasn't too crazy about the scent of the lipstick, so I melted it into my palette with a bit of an Old Navy scented lipbalm, and now it's perfect!