July 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Pressed Powders - Erno Laszlo - Duo-Phase Pressed Powder

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Me: sensitive, dry, pale NW10 skin with mild Rosacea. Most powders are too drying, chalky looking or cause irritation. My HG loose powder is La Mer Translucent, my current favourite pressed powder is Chanel Poudre Douce in #Rosee.
I bought this powder in conjunction with Erno Laszlo Absolute Mousse Foundation. I was very eager to try it, because it says it's for extremely dry to slightly dry skin. I bought it in the lightest shade, #Translucent Light. It comes in a sturdy, black plastic square pan with included mirror and sponge. At first glance it's a very, very pale light beige, almost white shade. And yes, it matches my pale skin perfectly; it's not completely translucent so this shade would only suit very fair complexions. I don't use the included sponge but brush it on with my powder brush. It leaves a nice, slightly glowy (but not shimmery) finish. It doesn't look chalky nor settles into fine lines. I didn't experience any breakouts or irritation yet but I'll have to update later on. So far I think it is comparable to my Chanel Poudre Douce but I'll have to use it a couple of times more to decide whether or not I like this powder. Update: no, I do prefer my Chanel Powder. *Pic in My Profile*
Ingredients: talc, nylon-12, silica, octyldodecanol, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, magnesium myristate, glycerin, allyl methacrylates crosspolymer, water, sodium pca, sodium hyaluronate, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben.
May contain: mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No