September 22, 2014 | 1919 users online

Moisturizers - Martina Gebhardt - Shea Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by jelloween

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Strangely the MG Shea butter lotion breaks me out every time I use it on my face. It's supposed to be non-irritating but my skin just doesn't seem to agree with it. However, I have used the MG Salvia lotion for many years to great content.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by orchide84

shea butter face lotion is a very light lotion and not shine my skin.It moisturize very well.It gives me a bright skin.It is great to be 100ml too:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by nmmclach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most fantastic line of skincare I have ever tried! I have terrible rosacea, with the tendency to break out during times of stress, and of course, hormonally on a monthly basis. I have used this skincare line for approximately one month now and have never had better skin. No rosacea and no breakouts! My skin is glowing. If you suffer from rosacea, try this... no prescribed topical treatment gave me skin as great as what this product line has done for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 5:23:00 AM More reviews by ddelerium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am aware of the moisturizing properties of Shea, but mostly have seen in body products, not on products for the face. I have acne prone skin so I am wary of anything not stamped with "oil-free". But with skin in such a tumultuous state- in need of moisture and flaking, with mineral makeup just accentuating and further drying all the flaws, even moisturizers not stamped oil free can't remedy this (Actually, La Mer works well on my skin, but too greasy for the day). And most of them leave your skin just too greasy or further aggravates the acne. This product gave my dry skin the moisture it needed and served as an excellent base for makeup. I mixed the MMU and this together and applied to face. It somehow smoothed over the flakes and enabled my foundation to go over smoothly and didn't leave a greasy film. No dry patches to be seen. It is truly amazing. I got so excited I researched this product and the Martina Gebhardt line (German) is considered to be the top in terms of organic products on the market today (way above and beyond Dr. Hauschka). Her products are truly natural and preservative free, BDIH certified and no animal testing. She has a few lines suitable for different needs composing of lotion, cream, toner and cleanser: Ginseng (anti-aging), Rose, Sage, Black Mud, etc. Depending on which site you hit, they have more or less of her products. Her Shea line is geared towards allergy-prone, overactive and sensitive individuals
- - - - - - - - -
Here is the info of her Shea Butter line:
"All Sheabutter products are free of essential oils, alcohol, herbal extracts and bee products. They do not contain any preservatives, surfactants, synthetic or nature-identical raw materials, paraffin waxes or synthetic fragrances as is the case with all our products. Sheabutter products are therefore totally free of any substances that may irritate allergy-prone individuals. Sheabutter skin care products contain the very minimum of ingredients, using only those substances that are absolutely non-irritating."
- - - - - - - --
CONTAINS: Hydrolate of rose blossoms*, sweet almond oil*, sheabutter, cocoa butter* lecithin*, pea starch*, cetyl alcohol
- - - - - - - - -
I have used this product successfully without breaking out. I have also used this when on Retinol regimen without any stinging or sensitivity effects. Also, I want to note that the product states it is free from "Synthetic" fragrance, but it doesn't mean it is fragrance free- because there is rose in the ingredient, this lotion has the scent of rose, which I really don't like but I can live with it considering what a great service it is doing for my skin. I only use this full time in the fall and winter or when I am on some kind of regimen. It comes in a lovely white glass bottle with a pump, which I will be gladly keeping to store other products. Occasionally, I develop patches of goose-pimply skin on my arm or leg, and this works to get rid of it in a week. Sometimes, if my face is really dry, I pump some of this product with my cleanser and it leaves my face soothed and moisturized. Her ingredients are so pure that it has served me multi-purposefully. If you have LEATHERY dry skin on your face, this won't be enough moisture for you. I am really not a fan of organic cosmetics, but considering her reputation and my experience, I am interested in trying out her Ginseng anti-aging line and her avocado eye cream. You can buy samples to try at holisticbeauty.net since the full size is $44 for 3.5 oz. (ouch), but I recommend you purchase the full size from Germany, which costs way less, even with shipping.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No