July 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Shampoo - Nature's Gate - Organics Lemongrass & Clary Sage Sulphate-Free Volumizing Shampoo for Fine Hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is dry and sensitive, and my hair is short and curly. When I used this clear shampoo full strength, it caused dryness and irritation on my scalp. I diluted it half and half with distilled water, but it still left my scalp dry and irritated.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by PaulinhaR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I looove this shampoo, seriously... it does not dry hair out at all... but make sure you are only applying it to the roots ok! smells great and it very light formula, has no artificial colors, its clear gel like consistency.... this is my fav shampoo at the moment, its a little expensive here in canada, 9 dollars a small bottle, next time i am in Seattle i will buy 5 bottles and keep in stock on my pantry, my husband is using it too... supposedly is very cheap at whole foods.... needles to say, LOVE it, 10 stars!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

I noticed this range of organic haircare at a local pharmacy and i saw the positive review below so i decided to try it out. Before i go on, a little disclaimer that i'm not usually a sucker for organic stuff. Some organic stuff does turn out badly, even more so than non-organic products for some strange reason.

When i first used this, i made a mistake of using it daily for many consecutive weeks. It did nothing much for my hair. I didn't notice any improvements and in fact it was drying it out. Now i dunno if this is common sense, until my friend told me that an organic cleansing shampoo like this is not meant to be used everyday BUT in between your other more conditioning shampoos. I took her advice and started to use this only 2 times a week, spaced out evenly between days. Then i saw light shining from the heavens... Everytime i follow this rule of thumb, after using this shampoo, i get super super soft malleable hair. My hair is fine, easily breakable, overly chemically processed and very very crunchy on bad days. The ends just go stick straight like a wire. This shampoo seems to return my hair to a virgin softness, when i use it as per the above method.

And then i ran out of it (my dad was secretly using this too!) and decided not to repurchase cos i had some leftover of another organic shampoo Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo. Giovanni did NUTHING for me. After a space of a month.. living with crunchy hard hair, i decided to repurchase this beloved Lemongrass shampoo and tonight i'm finally back with the soft floaty hair again that i've missed so much! Thank you, Nature's Gate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by lilylotus

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is organic, SLS & silicone (silly cone) free and contains many wonderful natural essential oils so it ticks all boxes for me but the real test came when I tried it not once, twice or three times but incorporated it into my daily hair regime to see if it would stand the test of time. Needless to say this quickly became my favourite shampoo for several reasons, it's relatively safe to use, left my hair super shiny and best of all left no dreaded build up. I just finished a whole bottle of this wonderful stuff and am so impressed I have just ordered a few other products from their range. Their items are VERY affordable too.
For reference my hair is fine but I have lots of it, it has a tendency to be oily at the roots and dry on the ends, it is slightly wavy and coloured too so not many shampoos works for me. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No