October 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Prairie - Cellular Cream Platinum Rare

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

This cream isn't worth 20 dollars in terms of skin care. "Restoring the electrical balance" with platinum? Are you people serious with this? That is pseudo-science mumbo-jumbo and there isn't a SHRED of evidence for it. The atoms that comprise your skin, and every other tissue in your whole body, don't need "balancing". Your electrical charge doesn't need to be tinkered with, even if this cream was capable of doing that, which it isn't. Take a chem or physics class. The atomic structure of your skin is inherently balanced. If it wasn't, the laws of physics and of nature would be different for you, and you would be falling apart, literally, at the seams, as in a bad sci-fi movie. This is all to say that your skin doesn't need platinum. There is absolutely NO peer-reviewed scientific literature that says it does.

This product also contains a derivative of the caustic silver nitrate, known to cast a permanent blue cast on the skin with repeated exposure, as with all silvers. Again, your skin doesn't need this stuff. Not at all. In fact, your skin specifically does NOT need this stuff.

As for the "smart crystals"... Again, I challenge anyone to show me what crystals in this product make your skin look younger. More pseudo-science, designed to dupe ignorant, wealthy consumers.

Expensive does not equal good for your skin. You may have a lot of money, but skin care isn't the place to put it. SOOO many of the most expensive products aren't just useless, but actually bad for skin. Companies like LP and La Mer and dozens of others amount to con men, using bad, and often made up science to trick people who just don't understand science.

Think about it people. If this product could really and truly live up to its claims, it would be a scientific breakthrough. A huge discovery. It would be published in all the journals, and people would use it instead of surgery. But they don't.

Time was when status symbols like 1000 dollar creams were desirable. Well, it stopped being cool to spend for the sake of spending a long time ago. Times have changed.

There are MUCH better skin care formulations at the drugstore. Off the top of my head, Olay and Neutrogena make better creams that don't contain silver nitrate or platinum. Creams with antioxidants, sunscreen, AHA's and BHA's, packaged so as not to lose their efficacy (not in a jar).

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this product given it's "precious" ingredients and the expensive price tag... But I was disappointed. The cream is silverish grey and it's quite thick. Applied it over washed, toned, mud masked face to get the full benefits. Left my face feeling like it was heavy and speckles of shimmer that wouldn't disappear. Save your time and money and try products that aren't overly hyped like this one. A good vitamin C serum and antioxidant cream proved to be more effective than this " must have " product. Not happy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by swtxmimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Started using this product December 2012. Received it as a gift from a friend who works in the company and have to say that so far, this is by far one of my favorite moisturizing creams to date. I am fortunate that I have been able to own and use many pricey luxury cosmetics products due to my friends who work in the beauty industry... despite my limited finances, I don't mind splurging on products when I know that it works... and this cream WORKS!! I admit I have good skin, and it generally is receptive to any product I use, however, this being the case, it isn't often that I use a product where I end up seeing a significant difference or improvement on my skin, but with this cream it did. And despite the fact it is only 30mL, it lasted me about 4 months. Just went in and purchased my new one (now as much as I love my friend who gave it to me, I secretly curse her for hooking me on one sooo expensive... hahaha jk jk!). The one thing I have to mention about this product is that you have to be careful with the dosage. With this cream, a little goes a LONG way.... You do not have to slather it on thick, as an even and thin layer spread well is sufficient enough. Looking up some of the ingredients, I noticed the platinum ingredient is a platinum COLLOIDAL. Did some research on it and realized that though there are opposing arguments to its effects, the positive is that colloids enable your skin or body to absorb more of the ingredients and therefore enable the product to be more effective. I've definitely received more compliments from those who see me on a regular basis about how great my complexion looked from before. That's a pretty good telltale sign telling me that this cream is doing SOMETHING right!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the thick texture of this cream so much so that even though your not supposed to I really like to slather it on. My skin looks very 'normalized', I would say, when using this product but also very plumped as well. I went to a friend's party after using this for about a month, thinking my skin would look better than ever, but when I turned-up and looked in the mirrors my skin looked absolutely aweful, it was so plumped it looked like i'd been taking some kinda medication that made my face fat and took all the character away from my face! I felt so ugly I had to go home. Which I wasn't expecting from the most prestigious cream on the market, lol! The previous year's party, I was using Sisley's All Day All Year cream and felt like I looked a million dollars (in the very same mirrors)! My conclusion is, that even though young celebrities rave about this product, maybe its too much for a young face. I like La Prairie moisturizers but this is totally beyond what my skin needs.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by hydrin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually did not mind spending the money for this product .

But WHY would I purchase it again , when it did nothing out of the

ordinary for my skin?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I honestly cannot believe all of the bad reviews for this product. But then again, it shouldnt surprise me. If you pay attention you will notice the higher end products always have more negative reviews. This is something that annoys me to no end. So many of the reveiws are based on price, so many comments like " paying this much for something, you would expect". I think there lies the issue, people are expecting way too much from these products based on the price tag, thinking it is a miracle in a jar. You have people saving to buy these products and then being disappionted when they are not the fountain of youth. First of all, the review should be based on the product. Second, not trying to be rude, but you should buy products in your price range. You cannot fairly reveiw a product when you have just spent your rent money on it and it did not immediately do something amazing, of course you are not happy with it.
Now about the product itself. This is a pretty decent cream, I like it. It does make my face feel softer and visibly more refined somehow, kind of hard to explain. It is not moisturizing enough alone, so I use it with my other LP products and La mer. I will continue to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by xrysmaxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. I am a big fun of LP but this product is not enough for someone with dry skin ( especially not for winter). I really wanted to LOOOVE this but unfortunately my skin didn't!! I did buy this cream after trying a sample but I guess after using the whole jar I see that this is not good enough for me. I do agree with others that LP has better moisturizers for less money! But then again it all depends on what your skin skin loves!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by michailkas21

I bought the luxurious 20g jar! I was full of expectations, that's the most expensive prairie product....Unfortunately this cream let me down. I paid 350 euros for a simple technology cream that has platinum elements in a diamond jar . I didn't notice any difference in my skin only a more radiant look.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by sheidadentist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my relatives brought me a sample of this product from germany,I was very pleased with the texture and smell,very enjoyable,but the shimmering effect I think is done by the mica and silver oxide because the platinum powder is very low according to the ingredients list.
the moisturizing effect for me was not better than Exuviance evening complex,Lierac deridium and even nivea Q10 night cream wich I adore.
For 1000dollars at least they should include more platinum not silver oxide.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by puxa1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product description on LP website is similar to a bogus science project or a nasty sci-fi movie. I did try a few samples and could not help noticing that this cream has a high amount of mica. When checking the ingredients list why did LP include carnosine when the platinum should be the star ingredient??? Also, why include alcohol when it is a fact that this ingredient triggers irritation. There is no official scientific evidence that platinum aides skin cells but the reverse happens. This ingredient destroys them. Plus,the price is so obscene.