September 18, 2014 | 1756 users online

Cleansers - Black Opal - Blemish Control Soap

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the Pre-Fade soap bar today at Kmart because it was clearanced to $1. After trying it out I thought I would review it. I tried it out just 10 minutes ago and for my normal to dry skin, I felt it left my face feeling a little too tight. That being said, it lathered wonderfully, smelled nice, and got off all my makeup including the Rimmel eye opening magnifier mascara I reviewed earlier today which many people say is difficult to remove. I said I would purchase again because it is so cheap, and I will probably go to Kmart tomorrow to do this because there were some other things on that shelf I want to buy as well. I also got the Palmers Skin Success fade cream, which I'll try out tonight and report on tomorrow. It was marked down to $1 as well. I also got the Nivea Q10 Advanced Wrinkle Reducer lotion with SPF 15 for $3, which I'll try out tomorrow morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 10:12:00 AM More reviews by juicydiva

Lately I have been having a few breakouts which of course we all know leads to acne scars :( I have had such good results using Black Opal Soap because it is the only product that I have found that is gentle enough for my skin yet extremely effective. I also have used other products by Black Opal and I'm really surprised that they don't get more credit...yet I don't particularly care for the makeup line, the skincare is wonderful!!! I always find this in my area at Wal-Greens.
I've tried Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Olay Clarity, etc. and this is the only product that works for me, so I definitely recommend this and I will keep repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2005 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Sugar_Foot01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do like this facial soap. I have super oily, sensitive, and blemish prone skin. This helps to keep my face clear of acne and blemishes. When this soap first came out, it used to have Triclosan which is an antibacterial ingredient. My acne used to clear up over night, but it takes a little longer now. I use this along with the Black Opal Purifying Astringent. All in all, I get healthy looking skin without paying a lot of money for the products like at department stores. Sometimes you may not be able to find certain products from this line, so you will have to buy them from an online store.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2004 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Caramel4u002

I used this on my face for a while and it seemed to dry my skin out and cause more oil, which caused more pimples. Not a good soap for my skin, I wish it was b/c its so well priced. Now I'm using Dermalogica face products which I got at a facial/massage place. Works great on my skin, seems to keep my skin under control and doesn't make it produce more oil. Plus, it's all natural. You have to have dough to use their skincare line though. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Curlyhair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i liked this product though it was a bit drying. it cleaned my skin really well and it softened as well. all in all it is a pretty good soap

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2002 5:34:00 PM More reviews by HotHoney212

I luv this!! Ideal for skin with color to it... makes ur skin feels smooth and clean! Plus, ur pores tighten up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2001 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

This is a suprisingly good product that a friend of mine who has sensitive and very dry skin recommended to me. I the exact opposite skin, combo not sensitive, but LOVE the way it does not dry out my skin leaving it nice and smooth, but not tight or dry. Very inexpensive, i use this almost daily. $3.